Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Actually the one who mentioned this to me wasn't from the hotline, but was the girl from the globe store where I got my unit from. I was confused that she mentioned that the upgrade to 5gb of 499 was for plan 999 only.

2. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

that's confusing indeed! the online tool on the other hand indicated 5gb for 499. maybe she got confused with the old & new promos. haha. :p

3. bugs

Yup confusing indded. I remember seeing the 5gb for 499 when I was doing my plan online before getting the unit. So I just called the hotline, & this time the csr said she has no details of plan 1799. She only knows details of plan 499 & 599, & advised me to got to a globe store instead to ask. o_O

4. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Globe CSRs are all confused.

I visited a globe business center and asked how to pre-terminate and informed them of my plan to downgrade. I was referred 3 times to 3 different agents, they started to refer me when they started to get confused with their own products. The last agent told me that that the mylifestyle plan 499 line only, was only offered for 2 days at their branch. But when you look at their website, that promo is until November 30, 2015.

When I tried the online chat to inform them about my paid up pre-termination fee, its the same story, I got referred to three confused agents with different views, different pre-termination fees and different terms.

@talk2globe on Twitter, the agents will talk to you for awhile and you will never hear from them again even when they promised to call back.

The last thing I did was to post a question at the Globe community forum. A certain Paul D answered and closed the thread and he told me that he will send me a private message instead. Its been 3 days and I never heard from him since.

What a wonderful world indeed (Globe telecom standards).

mokmoki likes this.
  5. shutterbug

shutterbug Member

talked with a CSR today and was getting the 299 SurfMore pack which is supposedly doubled from 1.5GB to 3GB... but she said that the doubling up of data allocation only applies to the 499 (3GB-5GB) and 999 (5GB-10GB)??

6. bugs

So I called Globe hotline today, & this time the csr confirmed that there is 5gb for 499 under plan 1799.

7. neilph

neilph Member

If I were you, you should have applied at a Glibe Store, especially when you are coming from another telco. They would readily accommodate you. You might have gotten out of the store happy. :)

Hotline is too slow to process orders/applications.

8. a9828

a9828 Member

Weird, I'm not getting this. Still on 1.5gb on gosurf299. Might as well get the 499 instead for 3gb and calls/sms

9. Simbadda

Simbadda Active Member

saying globe support representatives are confused and misinformed is an understatement. when I called the hotline to process my recontracting, the agent told me that I am eligible because my contract will end on November 30, but charge to bill is not applicable because my financial status is "cancelled". I asked him what that meant, and he can't give an answer. So I told him to transfer me to someone who can explain it.

so he transferred me to another agent, but this agent told me that I cannot recontract. I can only do it after November 30. I told her "bakit sabi nung nasa recontracting, eligible ako. tapos ikaw sinasabi mo na hindi pwede. hindi kayo in sync. either sya ang mali ang sinasabi, or ikaw.". Said agent then told me that she will coordinate with the recontracting department about my issue.

then I got transferred again to another agent, this time telling me that I can recontract, but there is no such thing as charge to (globe) bill. His exact words were "Sir, I-correct ko lang yung understanding nyo. Yung charge to bill po, para sa credit card bill yun, hindi po pwede sa globe bill."

It is really a wonderful way to waste time talking to globe csrs.

10. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

hahaha. that's why i don't even try using their hotline. it's easier to argue with someone in front of you (i.e. Globe store) than with someone over the phone.

11. red_manila

red_manila Member

About to be in the same boat as you because in a few weeks, my contract expires. Glad I read this first!

12. Sephsky

Sephsky Member

I have applied for additional line knowing the new promo for more data allocation but my new line was tagged for gosurf 499 with just 3GB instead of surfmore 499 with 5GB allocation. the csr told me to forward the email confirmation of my desired plan to validate and correct my plan details upon ordering online.btw the unit was delivered since online ordering cia. sabi ko na eh kaya i preferred pick up sa store sana para klaro ang details ng plan, i hope this will get fixed by globe

13. gh0st

gh0st Active Member

Anyone here who already redeemed their Free Spotify for 3 Months? Were you able to get the 3 month subs because when i registered mine, i only got 1 month subs.

14. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

that's why i don't recontract anymore and get my iPhone with BTB or in HK. bill rebates is what i get no hassles.

15. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

they're confused and useless.

16. derick8405

derick8405 Member

managed to get the P499 3gig, was offered to me when i visit the globe store when i inquired about an error in my bill

17. gabobito

gabobito Member

I am a little bit confused and I hope dobi or someone can explain this to me...

Today, I went to a globe store in SM Marikina to inquire about our contracts. We have two globe post paid plans whose contracts are about to end on Dec 11. 2015. So we talked to a globe representative in the store and she said that we are now eligible for recontracting. So okay happy happy kami, because we really plan to recontract with the iphone6s. When she learned that we are planning to get the 6s, she said it is easier to recontract thru the hotline because of the availability of stocks, etc...so we agreed to do that. On the other hand, on our other phone, we asked if we can downgrade it to a lower plan and she said yes, and she offered the 499 plan with 3gb data. I asked her kung kelan pwede magdowngrade for that plan and she said pwede na po ngayon. Sabi niya it will come into effect on Dec 13 (kasi daw every 13th of the month yung cut off ng financial contract (?) ). Sabi din nya, maganda nga yung 499 and it is just a promo which will end on Nov. 30. She also checked kung meron pa kaming unpaid balance, which is wala na because we already paid for the last billing statement. So pumayag kami na mag shift sa 499 plan (from 1799) which she said will start on Dec 13 nga. I asked her how much are we to pay on Dec, she said 499. She never mentioned anything about a pretermination fee.

So pag-uwi sa bahay, as advised by globe, we called 211 to apply for the recontracting of the other line. So we were told that we can recontract with the same 1799, I asked what if lower plan like 1299, the CSR then said that we have to pay a pretermination fee of P1219 kasi daw Dec 11 pa end of contract. Di daw pwede magdowngrade ng plan...so I asked her, bakit nung nasa globe store kami just this morning, we were able to downgrade the other line to 499 without any pretermination fee...sabi ni CSR ichecheck daw nya and lo and behold, may pretermination fee daw na nilagay dun sa isang line. I am sure that this was not disclosed to us when we were in the globe store. Tanong nga ako ng tanong kung magkano ang ibabayad come Dec and the agent in the store said 499 na lang po and there was never a mention of a pretermination fee...

Long story short, we still recontracted with the 1799 for one phone and had the other downgraded to 499 kasi hindi daw pwede i-cancel or reverse ng CSR yung 499 kasi daw globe store ang nagsubmit nun and kailangan bumalik kami sa globe store if we want it reversed.

I am resigned to just pay the pretermination fee na P1219 dun sa 499 plan, pero hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit meron pa nun eh to think na bayad na kami ng 1799 x 30 billing periods (we were locked in for 30 months). Our last 1799 was paid 2 days ago and nagreflect naman sa globe kasi sabi nila wala na kaming outstanding balance. So in effect mag eextra P1219 payment ako maski walang utang sa globe kasi bayad na ang 30 months locked in period? It was tiring to ask the CSR from 211 to explain why we need to pay the pretermination fee maski bayad na kami ng 30 months kasi all she kept on saying is that Dec 11 pa daw kasi ang end of contract. Paikot ikot lang kami ng tinatanong at sya naman ng sinasagot sa amin.

I hope someone can explain it in a clearer way. I will pay the preterm fee kasi yung promo na 499 is up to Nov 30 lang and in the long run, masmura lalabas yun even with the one time pretermination fee kesa mag 599 or 999 plan ako for anotther 2 years. Parang lugi lang talaga dun sa preterm fee kasi bayad na kami ng 30 full months.

18. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

It would be best po if you wait for your first bill. Upon receipt, detailed po mga charges then you can contest or question the charges.

Im sure po na when you recontract 30 days prior to the end of your contract wala po termination or pay off fee. Just keep your receipts po. Ako nga po Nov 2014 pa may issue account ko until now wala pa resolution.

gabobito likes this.
  19. gabobito

gabobito Member

I will do that. Thanks for the advise :)

20. neilph

neilph Member

To avoid pre termination fee, downgrading of plan should be done AFTER end of contract. Recontracting for the same plan as existing one or upgrading the existing plan can be done 30 days prior to end of contract and that is without pretermination fee as they "allow" that.

The "contract" with Globe does not allow downgrading of plan if still within contract. Otherwise, you have to pay for pretermination fee.

Hotline CSRs and even frontliners of Globe stores would not clearly explain that to you. In most cases, they are as confused as you are.