Globe plans and other Globe concerns

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by kcirecarg718, Nov 18, 2014.

1. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

Most of us here is an iPhone user and subscribe to Globe's GoSurf internet promo. I just want to make all things clear. Ms. Dobi a representative of Globe who's very reliable and help us to get our iPhone 6's from Globe told us a bit of information about the so called GoSurf promo. What i understand is if you are subscribe to GoSurf 999, you have 5gb internet and when you surpass the 5gb example like 6-7gb of internet usage you will not be billed more than Php 1,500 pesos, which the explanation is [(GoSurf)999+(anti-billshock)501 = Php 1500]. Correct me if Im wrong guys.

Two days ago Im in Globe Store in MOA. I spoked with one of the customer service there and have her explain the GoSurf and Anti-bill shock. Surprisingly it was different to what I/we know. Her explanation is when you surpass the 5gb allotted internet for your GoSurf999, you will be charge Php 2.00 per MB and thats on top of your bill. So for example you used up 7gb on your internet: [7gb(exceeded internet usage)-5gb(Gosurf)= 2gb which is equivalent to 2000mb]. Lets do the math now. [2000(mb) x 2(php) = Php4000]. So for the anti bill shock instead of paying GoSurf 999 + Php 4000 for exceeded internet which is Php 4999, you will pay only (GoSurf999)+(anti bill shock 1500) so all in all the amount the you will pay is Php 2499. Does that make sense? I even ask their manager to see if the information that the customer service gave me is correct.

Sorry guys if I have not explained it very clear but I hope you understand it. This thread is just to make it clear for all of us. I got nothing against Globe as Im a globe user for 13 years already started with Islacom if you still remember it. All of my family members are subscribe to Globe postpaid too.

If someone can clarify this even Ms. Dobi so that it will be all cleared up.

Thanks in Advance
    Erick Manzano

Note* Mods if the thread should be in the correct forum please move it. Thanks

2. OhYeah

OhYeah Active Member

During the midnight launch, the rep also clarified to me that it would be 999 + 501=1500 :) the same with what dobi said.

3. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Globe's GoSurf and Anti-Bill Shock (just to make things clear out)

@dobi is right! Yes it's 2.00 per MB in excess of the 5gig for Gosurf 999 bucket. With the anti-bill shock you will only be charged Php 1,500 maximum no matter how much data you consume.

Php 1,500-999 = 501 on top of your bill that's for plan 1799 with Gosurf999.

4. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

So once you hit 250.5 MB in excess, that is when you hit the bill shock amount of PHP 1,500. Is my math right?

5. butchm

butchm Member

Been meaning to ask this but couldn't find it in the threads: Is the data cap reset every first day of the month (ex. Dec 1) or depending on your bill cut-off?

6. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

If you want some documentation on that, check this website. GoSURF | Plans and Promos | Mobile Internet - Globe

Particularly, at the bottom it says:
    [FONT=fs_elliot_proregular]Enjoy a No Bill Shock guarantee of:[/FONT]

• P1,500 for GoSURF Plans 99 to 999
    • P3,000 for GoSURF Plans 1799 and 2499
    [FONT=fs_elliot_proregular]Valid until December 31, 2014 per DTI-FTEB SPD Permit No. 4737, series of 2014.[/FONT]
    Note that its a promo. They might extend it or they might not.

7. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

So in essence, what the globe CS and manager told the TS is wrong? it's not 1,500 on top of bill since its only 999+501 (501 on top of bill) ?

8. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

It doesnt say on the Globe website either that it is 999+501.

9. eric14

eric14 Active Member

Last time I checked with Globe Hotline (days before iP6 launch), the rep told me the same (1500 + monthly bill). Then I asked if he's 101% sure about the info, he said yes but I requested him to double check with someone higher than him like supervisor/manager. After verifying with his manager, he told me that the correct computation is the one that I explained to him which is Total = 1500 bill shockk - 999 GoSurf.

10. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

I trust dobi. Some people already tried and confirmed that it is 501 on top of the bill :)

11. stevejab

stevejab Member

I hope someone can post the written contract of the new globe data plan for those who have a copy already.

12. mykel18

mykel18 Member

That promo validity is what I'm afraid of. I don't know what will happen if the promo is not extended.

13. jessec

jessec Active Member

anybody who has first hand experience with the anti-bill shock, meaning he exceeded the allotted GB and charged excess in his bill?

14. crazyhog

crazyhog New Member

di kaya yun promo ay sa Spotify it meant? cz GoSurf with anti bill shock is a Plan.

15. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

The best example is to ask anyone who has a billing statement to post the charges in real time here.

16. rockwell

rockwell Member

posted in Globe Gosurf FAQ page. It's +501 on top of of your plan. So total is just 1500 only.

17. kleamarie

kleamarie New Member

I was told by a globe representative that the anti bill shock 1500 already includes the 999 from the GoSurf999. Meaning it's just 999+501 as what dobi said before.
    I asked the rep if they have this info available from their website but she wasn't sure about it.
    Upon checking, I stumbled upon http://www.globe.com.ph/postpaid-guarantees?jsid=1415953954487
    which says "Never pay more than P1,500 for mobile surfing per month as long as you're subscribed to GoSURF 99 up to GoSURF 999. Subscribers on GoSURF 1799 and GoSURF 2499, on the other hand, will never pay more than P3,000 for data monthly."

18. emiaj12

emiaj12 Member

I think the confusion is if 1500 is on top of your monthly plan vs if 999 is already included on 1500 bill shock.

Dobi clarified this several times:

[​IMG]

The problem is a lot are still worried because CSR, globe rep are giving different answers. Even I got 2 different answer fr globe rep of the same GBC. But for me, I'll go with what Dobi says.

#18 emiaj12, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  19. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

Dobi clarified it a million times! Hahahaha

20. Disesaki

Disesaki Member

Maybe you just need to look more carefully. Check out item number 7 of the FAQ page and you can see the sample computations where the Gosurf amount is deducted from the bill shock. GoSURF | HELP AND SUPPORT

As for the confusion about the promo info, I think we should be able to distinguish the difference between a promo and a plan. Gosurf is the mobile data plan, while the free spotify is the promo that will expire on December 31. It previously ended last September 30 and was extended. You can find this info on the first bullet point in the FAQs.

GoSURF is our new consumable mobile internet plan. It gives you bulk megabytes of mobile data consumable per kilobyte. It also allows you to surf, post, like and more!
    For the period of April 11 to September 30, 2014 (promo duration may be subject to extension), all customers who subscribe to GoSURF will get free music streaming via Spotify. Spotify is a wonderful music streaming app that allows you to play music, create playlists, etc.