Globe Plan Zero (for those who want to disconnect from Globe)

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by King, Dec 13, 2014.

1. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Globe has a plan for those who are hellbent to disconnect their globe number.

the features of globe plan zero are the following

- no SMS allocation
    - no voice minutes allocation
    - no cellular data allocation
    - no free handset
    - email-only statement of account ( additional P25/month mailed printout)
    - P50/month vat inclusive
    - free and unlimited incoming SMS and voice calls
    - outgoing SMS, voice minutes and cellular data rates will apply.

plan zero has been silently offered since late 2013.

globe will initially ask you to reassign the number to someone else or suspend for 30 days. If customer is unconvinced and as the last resort to retain your business and to boast X amount of subscribers globe retention will offer "plan zero" for P50.00/month.

this plan is perfect for those who are sentimental about the number.

2. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this thread be inside the existing globe thread?

3. manager

manager Active Member

Silent is correct as they didn't offer this to me last June. Prolly because I had a special number and they gave it to another subscriber almost immediately after I cut my subscription.

4. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

I asked this via twitter a long time ago and they said it is no longer offered. Their information is very inconsistent.

5. DON2003

DON2003 PhilMUG Addict Member

may be it is offered to those with high plans so they won't think twice just to retain the number, for budget conscious plan owners, I don't they don't even mind you cancel your plan,

but may be Smart Freedom plan is a better offering as its also plan-0 and you can subscribe to several bundles that suits you, this Globe-0 has P50 just to maintain the number for incoming calls and sms without anything included and no promo can be subscribe, then every usage on top of the bill, it might ends up higher than getting a normal plan.

6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Plan ZERO? but there's a 50 pesos maintenance fee monthly so what's ZERO there? better get Freedom Plan instead Zero for real.

7. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

hey dobi, does this plan still exists?

8. jetan

yes. this still exists. if you plan to terminate your line the agent will offer it to you before you finalize your option. i just cancelled 3 of my lines and they offered it to me and i said no thanks. Why do i have to pay for something not being used?

9. King

Francis, you are correct but due to the gravity of this subject I decided to create a new thread for this unplublished Globe Plan as no information for it has surfaced from a simple Google search. I see this as a public service to the Philippine public hence the descriptive topic.

Just like manager Globe Plan Zero was never mentioned to me when I tried to end my subscription since earlier this year. All I ended up doing was a really impotent 30 day suspension (Smart on the other hand allows for a 1/2 year suspension period). So I ended up still paying for a plan for almost a year that no one was using it. Money could have gone to an all expense paid vacation to Puerto Princesa, Palawan.

Plan Zero would have been really useful to me when I was living abroad for almost 12 months back a decade ago as I just needed my Globe number to receive calls & SMS or make emergency calls.

6thokah, I could have been as "silent" as Globe. I might be bratty but not _that_ bratty not to share. My sibling mentioned two of his friends with Globe Plan Zero in the past.

jasper00, very much a valid plan, give Globe Retention a ring at +6327301300. Be aware that it took me two tries and waits of over 40 mins each to reach that number. I was repeatedly reminded by Globe through a phone recording that this is due to the iPhone 6 retention program.

DON2003, Globe Plan Zero is being offered even to the "cheapy cheapy" plans as my sibling's friends puts it.

jetan, the "Zero" part of Globe Plan Zero comes from the Zero allocation of any outgoing SMS, voice minutes or cellular data. The P50/month (without paper statement of account; only email) is a maintenance fee to keep the number active. This is perfect for those who have sentimental feelings on the number or just want a number to receive SMS or voice calls for business reasons.

Disclosure: My pockets aren't lined by any Philippine telco company. I am doing this as a courtesy to other subscribers.

BTW changes to your plan are subject to any pre-termination fees you agreed to with Globe. If you are outside of your contract then these fees should not apply.

10. jetan

the other telco has this kind of plan called Freedom. i got one of these it's been 2 years and i still don't pay anything and they also send billing statement where in the bal is 0.04 pesos. 50/mo is useless if you're not using it better terminate the line instead.

11. DON2003

may be if they offer it to you when terminating the plan, ask for bill rebate of P50 para zero out the balance, and make it truely Plan 0.
    then its a keeper.

12. aurea

aurea Member

Thanks for this, King. I wish my sister and I had known about this plan before she moved to the US. She needed to retain her number for the first few months so as to be reachable -- but no one from Globe gave her this option. It would've saved her thousands of pesos. What's worse is that Globe somehow mishandled her request to temporarily disconnect her line while she was abroad, and then charged her for all those months the line was supposed to have already been disconnected. *sigh*

13. King

Yes, Smart does have that Freedom Plans. If Globe had this Freedom Plan then I would get it as well.

To my knowledge the closest equivalent to Smart's Freedom Plans on Globe is the Globe Plan Zero.

I do get what your objectives are with total termination with Globe and moving to a Smart Freedom Plan. It is a value for money proposition with the sole objective of mobile telephone number service connectivity. If mobile number portability (retaining current mobile telephone number when changing from one telco to another) was a law in the Philippines I would do this.

What is important to me is the unique mobile telephone number and not the service provided. I do not need yet another phone number. I was hellbent on terminating the Globe number as I was unwilling to pay the same rate I started from the beginning.

Having said that P50/month is a good value as it allows me to keep my unique mobile telephone number at a very low cost with the bonus of receiving unlimited SMS and voice calls. This is great if you want that number to only receive voice calls or SMS and only make outgoing voice calls and SMS on demand. We with full & robust subscriptions have allocated Globe to Globe SMS & voice minutes that we need to consume and the Globe Plan Zero is a great plan as a recipient of these incoming voice calls and SMS. Think contacting your kasambahay who favor Smart & Sun SIMs.

I will study Smart Freedom Plans with the suspended Smart postpaid number I have. Thank you for mentioning it.

For those who still doubt the existence of Globe Plan Zero go visit June 2014 thread at https://community.globe.com.ph/thread/75203

Willy, what would be the basis of the rebate?

aureo, when I went abroad what I did was give my Globe postpaid SIM to my sibling and loaded the prepaid I switched to with lots of load. This was largely a failure because of expired load. I did not know you needed to top up the load to renew its expiration date. Whenever I go abroad the Globe number I have never goes to roaming even if I call Globe in advance to activate the feature.

You have to remember that like any other employee Globe's staff first loyalties are to their employers and they are ordered to either maintain a subscriber's current plan or encourage more costly upgrades. When face with a termination notice or downgrades make it inconvenient/difficult to do so or offer alternatives like 30 day temporary termination or transfer of contract to another party. As a last ditch effort to maintain X amount of subscribers (for industry/govt reports) to offer Globe Plan Zero.

This workflow probably applies to other telcos as well. So I am not singling out Globe.

Any business (especially utilities) is for profit. Thinking otherwise due to clever marketing spiel is fooling yourself.

14. DON2003

may be asking for P50 monthly should give some bonus like 50 sms or few minutes calls, as a minimum spending.
    even Sun has a plan 99 with 50 sms, and 10 cents/sms to sun and P3/min call to sun,

greedy Globe,

15. DON2003

talked to my wife and sabi niya parang ok na rin plan 0 if no more bill rebate for her plan, kasi she usually made calls to Globe numbers, seldom sms, and very seldom call other networks,
    so if P50 + short calls via 232 (0.15/sec) , and + lengthy calls via 236 (20min for P20), parang it wont even reach what we pay monthly,

16. King

Willy, I am unsure if you can do 232 or 236 via Globe Plan Zero. Best to ask Globe Retention on this.

Edit: Saw that it also works for postpaid. Cheers

#16 King, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  17. jetan

another thing i learned from Plan ZERO. once you get this you can't go back to your old plan anymore except for the new ones only.

18. arubeto

arubeto Member

Can a normal postpaid plan with Smart be converted to a freedom plan in case you just want to hold on to a number?

19. King

It is possible to do so. If it is within contract period then there should be a downgrading fee that you may pay. If it is out of contract then it should be considered a new contract.

I think this applies to any postpaid line whose plan is changed. The past plan is no longer being offered.

Globe Plan Zero is great for receiving calls & SMS. Plan Zero with Tawag 236 (20min for P20) and Super Sakto Calls (P0.15/sec) makes it cheap to have a postpaid or retain a phone number.

20. natstuff

natstuff Member

We should implement local number portability in the Philippines so people can keep their numbers even when they switch telco providers, we implemented this capability for a major telco in Canada when the government required all telcos to give in to consumer demands and allow keeping their mobile numbers when they port to other service providers, this will be a game changer in the current monopoly in our telco industry. I know a few others who have retained their subscriptions with a faulty provider just to keep their numbers

maryannemoll likes this.