Globe iPhone XS and XS Max

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Oct 4, 2018.

1. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

rdy0329 likes this.
  2. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Fair enough.

3. philkeely

philkeely Active Member

This was not my experience last year. I was a recontracting member and had to wait a month to get my X, while my colleagues who are new subscribers got to walk-in store first 2nd week of December and they got their units after an hour.

4. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

My sister was a Globe Postpaid subscriber of Plan 1999 and she opted for recontacting on December 2017 to avail the Iphone X 256GB. She was encouraged to upgrade to Platinum as there are available units for the plan tier but she refused as she was happy with her plan. After weeks of waiting, she finally bought a unit on February 2018 on Powermac. Globe was only able to provide a unit for recontracting on May 2018, after 5 months. She then sold it though.

Yeah it happens.

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Rule of thumb with Globe and iPhone releases, if you are not fast enough on pre order day, don’t bother with a recontracting unit because you won’t get it on launch day. Hopefully it changes this year.

EDIT: There you have it

97B69F4F-CD9C-4606-893D-86E07F25ED72.jpeg

EDIT2: Oops, didn’t back read. Excited for the Xr though.

iamtonypet likes this.
  6. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

I don’t believe this base on my own experience. Either Globe’s system is so bad that they can’t tell if a unit is available or they simply prefer new customers because they get more money out of them.

7. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Hi! new member here. Can someone estimate the cashout for iphone XS Max 64gb PLAN 1799? Thanks a lot!

8. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

The iPhone X cash out was 38k if I’m not mistaken. My guess is it will be the same for the iPhone XS while for the iPhone XS Max it will be 45k.

9. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i concurred on this.

10. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Just called Globe and the agent assured me na "hindi magkakaubusan ng stock" and "sobra sobra ang stock". Well, not so sure about the credibility of this.

Just sharing.

11. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

^Yan din ata sinabi sa atin last year with iPhone X. Ang nangyari? kahit pre-ordered ka January 2018 pa din nabigyan ng units (check yung Globe thread for that) and worse yung iba February na ata.

12. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Well iphone veterans should know by now the following facts or at least an amount of truth to these and these are my own observations having been in one of them since the iphone 3G days (skipped the 7plus and iphone X though since i needed an unlocked phone for overseas)

1. Take anything that the CS gives you with a grain of salt, not really their fault but info on customer service has been sketchy at best. Just take the previous posts here that tried to give an info based on globe reps’ knowledge on the release, only sir jess got it right and his inside info is for sure in the higher ups.

2. Get first dibs on preorders bec if you miss the cut, it could be a long wait, if you are sure you are getting one, might as well get one on the first batch.

3. There will always be unfortunate events like wrong reservation or even ship dates etc but based on last year’s posts it seems it was smoother compared to the past years, i remember there was even a time globe had to re-do the whole preorder process, this was the iphone 6 launch i think and good thing dobi was here to sort it all out. Of course many will argue they had a bad experience last year but I’m talking about in general... you should chek out the threads in past iphone launches, preorder pa lang chaos na hehe

4. Good thing there ‘s philmug and dobi from globe, for sure there will be lots of new members again in the next two weeks

#72 shootertwist, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    dobi and potpot2 like this.
  13. AVG

AVG Active Member

Hopefully someone would give estimate for iPhone XS Max cash out for plan 1799.

14. shootertwist

^just get the one globe has for the iphone X bro and add about 7-8k

AVG likes this.
  15. AVG

AVG Active Member

I'll do just that thanks for the tip (y)

Upon checking Apple PH website 26 release ng iPhone XS/XS Max it seems like sabay ang telcos at official release.

16. shootertwist

Yup it has always been like that bro for the past few years, may midnight launch pa mga yan for sure

AVG likes this.
  17. iamtonypet

iamtonypet Member

Can't wait for the iPhone Xr demo units!

18. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

You can walk in the store now and recontract. They wont let you call na to recontract.

eli71724 likes this.
  19. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

No Xr yet

iamtonypet likes this.
  20. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Sana may trade-in si Globe sa mga iPhone X Globe-locked users :D