Globe iPhone XS and XS Max

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Follow your heart, minsan lang naman bumili ng phone. Either case, XR and XS are very capable phones, you'll be happy either way. Merry XSmas to you as well.

iamtonypet likes this.
  2. iamtonypet

iamtonypet Member

Woot woot! Thank you @eli71724! Congrats and MerryXSMax to you! #GoForTheGold

raypin and eli71724 like this.
  3. Kleithxx

Kleithxx Well-Known Member

I received my unit from Globe 2 days ago. The problem is the freebies that they promised were not delivered. They promised a pocket wifi and a surprise gift from globe because I was one of the first 20 lines approved. Was supposed to cancel because I already bought one from AJT Gadgets but continued because of the freebies. Now not a single gift was given. Sayang hehe.

Need your help @dobi!

4. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just want to ask provincial customers who took a chance to visit the Globe store on launch day if they have your unit waiting for you there even if it’s not yet your pick up date?

5. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

Question, is it really better to get the iphone xs with dual sim? Or is the e-sim good enough? Im thinking of having my globe and sun on the xs.

6. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I had that very same question when I was mulling whether to get the local version or the dual sim one from abroad. Aside from the overly discussed to death warranty issues you will face with the dual sim, the eSIM variant might actually be more useful in the future because of new apps that can configure it for roaming when travelling. I decided then to go with the local one.

I do also use a Note 9 which already has dual sims should i decide to do it the old fashioned way but to be honest it wasn't even used in my last trip to Japan.

7. Hero33

Hero33 Well-Known Member

Get the Esim just. Globe will release esims soon then you can use the sun in the empty slot.

Aargh and zagu like this.
  8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...to avoid confusion and we are talking about the Xs, it only comes in one variety: eSIM/nano sim. There is no dual physical sim or nano/nano sim slots version of the Xs, not here or the China market iPhone Xs or any part of the world. Only the China market Xs Max and Xr have the dual physical sim slots or nano/nano iPhones.

zagu, Hero33, eli71724 and 1 other person like this.
  9. raypin

Mm...I think the confusion stems from the usage of term dual sim. All the new iPhones whether the Xs, Xs Max and Xr are dual sim. Don’t use the term dual sim because the eSIM /nano sim versions are technically dual sim as well. So, if you are unsure and in the market for a new iPhone, specify nano/nano sim if you want the two physical nano sim. One Philmugger, early on, made that mistake. He was after the nano/nano iPhone Xs Max but was given the iPhone eSIM/nano version of the Xs Max (most probably the Singapore iPhone Xs Max).

Anyway, with Globe promising to support eSIM by year’s end, the distinction will no longer be relevant. Smart will surely follow.

If you do not want to deal with eSIM (it is going to be locked to Globe), just buy the factory unlocked Xs Max and Xr for the China market (those officially sold in Macao, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China). How Globe will treat FU iPhones with the eSIM/nano sim remains a mystery.

#729 raypin, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    zagu and iamtonypet like this.
  10. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Sorry for the noob question, but will both SIM sides of the phone be network-locked to Globe? If so then it’s still pretty much useless for travelling abroad, right? Useful only for using two Globe numbers?

11. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

^just bumping this question, since no one's answered it yet, thanks!

12. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Hey, Butch. As per Thea of Globe Platinum, both SIM slots will work exclusively with the Globe network.

So yes, useless for travelling abroad.

penmanila likes this.
  13. raypin

Mm...@juice also chimed in. Smart will also lock eSIM and Nano Sim for smart subsidized iPhone eSIM. What is unknown is how the local telcos will treat or implement eSIM for factory unlocked eSIM iPhones.

14. AthanWylde

AthanWylde Active Member

Hi guys, since we're on the topic of eSIM's, once Globe rolls out their eSIM service, will we be able to finally pair our Apple Watch Series 3/4 with our phones, using the same Globe number? And lastly, I hear that the new iPad Pro 2018 LTE is also an eSIM device, would I also be able to pair the iPad with my iPhone's number, so that I can make and receive call/texts using my iPad?

15. patriciat

patriciat New Member

Hi Dobi! Been waiting for my handset for about 2 weeks already. Totoo ba na out of stock ngayon ang iPhone Xs Max space gray?

16. patriciat

patriciat New Member

sir ilang weeks bago niyo nakuha yung handset?

17. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Hi. Got the unit a week after reservation. I opted for home delivery and it was delivered on time.

18. patriciat

patriciat New Member

Super bilis!! Yung sakin inabot na 2 weeks wala pa din daw stock

19. iamtonypet

iamtonypet Member

Had a good experience this year -
    November 21 (Wed) - called the hotline, recontract-ed and opted to pick up my XS Max at Globe's EDSA Shangri-la store (with initial ETA of 7 business days)
    November 23 (Fri) - got an SMS confirming that my unit was ready for pick up ((y)(y)(y)) but I was unavailable so I texted back saying I'll see them the next day
    November 24 (Sat) - went to Shangri-la and got my phone after 20-30 minutes :cool::cool::cool:

'Had a very good weekend afterwards. :love::love::love:

20. patriciat

patriciat New Member

buti pa kayo :( tumawag nanaman ako kanina pero wala baka december na daw. Under business yung plan ko baka kaya matagal. Pero grabe talaga yung 2 weeks na aabutin ng 3 weeks mahigit.