Globe iPhone XR

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Oct 4, 2018.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah its still too pricey for a supposedly budget iphone hehe those who can afford this can usually also afford the top tier iphone XS so why settle... in fact i know a friend whose getting one not bec its “affordable” but more of the color she just prefers the red color that’s all hehe

2. macjobber

macjobber Well-Known Member

Just a couple of years ago, you can get the top of the line iPhone model with this year's XR price...

3. Lockdown

Lockdown New Member

Upon checking with globe cust service most of the colors for the 128gb variant are unavailable as of this time only white/black are available.

4. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

The iPhone XR is not a budget phone. Common misconception. It's just a slightly less affordable iPhone. Kinda like a slightly less affordable Ferrari.

Leo

5. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

I think you meant "slightly less expensive" or "slightly more affordable" but I get what you mean, and I agree!

AVG and shootertwist like this.
  6. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

ah yeah, more affordable phone, sorry for using the word budget, my second statement did mention "affordable" i just figured since the iphone xs max i got was about 80k+ the iphone xr at 50k+ seems like a budget one but yeah, more affordable is the correct term apple has priced their iphones ridiculously high that a 50k iphone seems "budget" but i stand corrected, my analogy still stands though, revising my statement to include affordable term instead of budget

"Yeah its still too pricey for a supposedly (budget) more affordable iphone hehe those who can afford this can usually also afford the top tier iphone XS so why settle... in fact i know a friend whose getting one not bec its “affordable” but more of the color she just prefers the red color that’s all hehe"

7. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

Haha you're right! :)

Leo

AVG likes this.
  8. vrl29

vrl29 Member

saw some model units in display last week inside a Taiwanese APR store, and it's size seems to be in the sweet spot between the smaller XS and the bigger XS Max. based on reviews, this model also has the longest battery life among the three; kinda weird considering the others are OLED.

AVG likes this.
  9. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

My Platinum account recontracts in December so I asked to be put on the list for a 256GB XR. Much to my surprise, the unit was delivered to my house today. I'm in Taiwan so I can't check it out yet or what the terms are, but that was pretty fast! They must have a lot of units in stock.

10. vrl29

vrl29 Member

bit the bullet and got this phone for recontracting. there is an additional 2,400 discount for the phone cash out if done via recontracting. good thing some shops already have privacy tempered for this unit.

11. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

What plan did you get, is the 2400 discount for 1799 up?

12. vrl29

vrl29 Member

i got the plan 1799.

the discounted price seems to be for all plan types for recontracting, as there was no mention by the in-store person of a minimum plan type to be availed for the cash discount. if i would assume, the cash out amount of the phone will vary depending on the plan to be availed, then the one-time discounted price of 2,400 will be deducted on the phone price. then the balance can be spread over 24 months, to be added on the monthly bill...

13. jayparalejas

Thank You, Just got off the phone with recontracting. Got the 1799 as well. with 1,000 cashout.

14. ratburn

ratburn Member

how much was your cashout? I got the same, plan 1799 and I think my cash out was 29400. didn't get any discount

15. jayparalejas

Bought 64gb xr red for my mom. Plan 1799, 1k per month cashout charge to bill. So all in all 2,799 per month

16. ratburn

ratburn Member

Oh my bad. I got the 128gb version. hehe.

jayparalejas likes this.
  17. vrl29

vrl29 Member

the cashout amount depends on the phone capacity:
    • 26,400 for 64gb (1,100/mo)
    • 29,400 for 128gb (1,225/mo)
    • 35,400 for 256gb (1,475/mo)
    in my case, they gave a 2,400 discount for recontracting. since i availed the 256gb, my total cash out was 33,000 (35,400 - 2,400), payable in 24 months (1,375/mo)

18. ratburn

ratburn Member

Wow nice! I also did recontracting but I didn’t get any discount!! :(

19. jayparalejas

Thats the first thing the CS mentioned, the cashout rate is already discounted when you call. Its weird that you did not get any.

20. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

The XR sport an eSIM and nano SIM. Are those sold through Globe locked to that network?