Globe iPhone 7 & 7 Plus

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by denpacs, Oct 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

I'm quite disappointed. A globe rep called me yesterday and they have my unit for pick-up. When I applied for recontracting last November 11, I was told the cashout will be charged to bill for 24 months. Now they want me to pay upfront in full, either by cash or credit card installment.

I thought for recontracting pwede charge to bill bakit ngayon nagiba ihip ng hangin.Kakabanas (again).

Had I known na hindi pala pwede charge to bill, I could've gotten stocks from apple resellers here at full price na may stocks since November.

2. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^did they tell you the reason why not? i remember before, charge to bill is allowed and the only reason it is not is when your account credit limit at globe cannot accommodate it, and in this case you only need to ask them to increase your credit limit by presenting the necessary docs, though in some instances they actually dont need the docs you just request it

3. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

I was told that wala pang 1 year since I got my plan (no-lock up plan, that is eligible for recontracting anytime per globe rep). Ang weird lang na iba iba yung sinasabi ng globe reps.

I'll personally visit the Globe center later to ask them that, increase my credit limit.

4. eric14

eric14 Active Member

You are not alone bro. December 7 should be the delivery of my handset pero 1 week na lumipas wala pa rin. Pagod na rin ako mag follow up sa hotline.

#1264 eric14, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    superunleaded likes this.
  5. nick_24

nick_24 Member

That's absurd! dapat sure na kung na-process na ang recontracting and the CS have read all their legal stuff to you.
    I was wrong to assume na okay ang launch this year as my recontracting went smoothly, may ganito parin pala.

6. eric14

eric14 Active Member

If you were one of the lucky people who were able to reserve their preferred unit on the first day of pre-order then yes it was smooth for you. After that, napaka gulo na. And it's really impossible that there were no replenishments of stocks after November 11 which is the launch date. Majority of the stocks were allocated to new/additional lines or maybe the stocks were given to those people na may kapit sa mga Globe bosses (just my 2 cents).

7. missbebz

missbebz Member

Just called re-contracting hotline and they confirmed na nagreplenish daw stocks nila for iPhone 7+ but for 32gb lang. Currently the colors available are: Matte Black, Silver, and Gold.

8. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

I was charged by Globe admin fee of 550 for recontracting from mybestever plan to mylifetyle plan. Did you guys experienced the same?

9. superunleaded

superunleaded New Member

Agee on everything you said. lalo na sa "kapit sa mga Globe bosses". well, sad to say average joe lang ako.

10. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

i'd like to imagine that i have some "kapit" with the globe bosses--i'm writing globe bossman ernest cu's biography and am friends with some globe execs--and i reserved my IP7+ as a platinum member months ago, but i got my IP7+ practically just last week, way behind a lot of "average joes," and it wasn't even the 256gb unit i ordered but a 128gb i had to settle for in lieu of waiting indefinitely. so i don't really know where "kapit" comes in; someone should've whispered something to me ;)

ginomatic likes this.
  11. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i too am an average joe schmo. probably the averagest of them all. haha!

i called this afternoon, spoke with a concerned rep and cited my NHA***** reference no. i told her i'v never received a text notification for availability and she was kinda surprised coz it's been over a month since my reservation was taken and that i should've already gotten a notification since there's supposedly just a 2-week max wait time to receive a unit for recontracting customers.

she then asked me to cite the 5 nearest Globe stores i'd be amenable to pick up my unit from as she'll be sending them emails to source a unit since she'll be prioritizing my request and promised to personally call me once a Globe store confirms my request for the hottest unit in the land: a jet black 7Plus 128gb.

i took it with a grain of salt, thanked her for it coz it's these rare instances that makes these thankless, seemingly endless wait times worth it, still.

#1271 pochiman, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    psfpsfpsf likes this.
  12. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

Update on my wife's recontracting (preferred unit, iP7+ Jet Black, 128GB, first called Globe a-week after release)

Received a text from Globe yesterday stating that her preferred unit is "now" available. Just need to call their hotline for the recontracting procedures.

She called hotline this morning and availability is on Dec.22. Choice of pickup is at Eastwood. Cash-out of 25K installment for 24 mos.

Reading all the stories here, told her to "expect the unexpected." Let's see if 2016 it is.

#1272 abielbad, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    psfpsfpsf likes this.
  13. FPSAYSON

FPSAYSON Member

Got text message last night that my recontracting order for iPhone 7 Plus 256gb jet black is now available. I called the Globe hotline this morning. Unit for pick up at Mega Mall, which is my preferred branch, on Dec. 22. Hopefully, the unit will indeed be available on that date.

14. psfpsfpsf

psfpsfpsf New Member

hi guys!
    same story here bro but mine will be on the 21st. excited ako but damn expect the unexpected.

question: is it possible to pick it up 1 or 2 days before the availability date which is on Dec. 21? thanks!

15. eric14

eric14 Active Member

With what's happening with Globe recontracting right now, they're just really messed up and I can't help to think of these "kapit" things that could be happening inside Globe. Again, that's just me :)

16. eric14

eric14 Active Member

My advise to you is call the hotline a day or 2 before the scheduled pick up. I think they can track the delivery.

17. voltaire_lb

voltaire_lb Member

buti sa inyo meron ng tumawag, still waiting

18. neilph

neilph Member

Re-contracted through hotline last Dec 13, but my preferred iP7+ jet black 128GB is not available, so I settled for matte black but 32GB only and upgraded my plan at the same time. Order was finalized then and supposed to be pick up at Eastwood store on Dec. 21. But since Globe has the "reputation" of messing things up with regards re-contracting especially during "new iPhone fever months", I called 211 past midnight earlier just to make sure that all the details are recorded accurately. My call lasted for almost an hour trying to dispel my doubts by confirming and re-confirming. Then alas, I received a text message that my re-contracting handset is ready for pickup at Eastwood store today (instead of Dec 21), and my new plan seems to be already effective as per myGlobe account (supposedly effective by Jan 2017). Hopefully, when I go to Eastwood store later, everything will be fine and smooth. "still crossing my fingers though hahahah*

19. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

NHA***** reservation running from Nov 11 till now. threatening to terminate at the moment. the termination dept. just put me on hold.

jet black iPhone 7Plus 128gb

now or never...

20. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

Did you avail the monthly rebates (for 24 months) beforehand?