Globe iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ishg, Dec 4, 2012.

1. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

I'm here in Metrowalk using a Verizon IP5 with a Globe nanosim and have been getting 3G although now and then the signal weakens.

2. Francisism

Francisism Member

Oo nga, around 7:30PM ako dun pagdating ko tinanong lang number ko. Kuha na!

3. armel

armel Active Member

Do they give discount vouchers to recontracting clients? I didn't get any.

4. OlracPublic

OlracPublic Member

Yup! :))

5. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Globe Eastwood the BEST!
    Got ours in less than an hour!
    THANK YOU!!!

6. Francisism

Francisism Member

They didn't gave me, they told me I availed my iPhone thru loyalty/re-contracting.

7. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Yes they gave me one.

8. Francisism

Francisism Member

Woah! Buti ka pa! I'll tweet Globe regarding that.

9. silie

silie Active Member

I heard the discount vouchers are for the additional lines only. It doesnt apply for recon.. well this is for trinoma.

10. armel

armel Active Member

Really Prof? Strange that I didn't get any. :(

11. Craig08

Craig08 Member

Have anyone here already called Globe? I cannot use my cellular data plan. When I text SSURF STATUS to 8888, the system replied and informed me that I am not subscribed in data plan promo. When I called 211, the CSR said that I was still in Plan 499 when my iP5 should have 1799 already with Unlimited SuperSurf. What happened? It should upgrade automatically right?

12. majaaileen

majaaileen New Member

Just got home from BGC. My lucky charms worked! I was scheduled 7-8pm, came in at 6:45, got my phone at 7:30! Yeah!

13. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

what I got is a 25% voucher that can be used in Globe stores and Powermac. I applied for recontracting.

14. keouie

keouie Member

I was at BGC at 10am to the dot for my 10-11am schedule. Guard denied us entry and said to come back after an hour. I then grabbed coffee at High street and when I came back half an hour later there were suddenly chairs outside and a lot of people in line. Waited for permission to enter until around 11:15, I think? went inside the tent and got a 1745 sequence. My number was FINALLY called at 3:30 and I was able to get my phone and transfer my line to a nano aim within 30 minutes. Half an hour later my nano sim was activated. It would have been even faster, I think, if their credit card terminals weren't as slow.

Throughout the experience I have witnessed nearly a dozen of people who lost their cool which was completely understandable. What was not acceptable though was the way one of the representatives handled one situation. Although I do understand their stress and the overwhelming demand from them, I do not see how it is justifiable for them to 'remind' customers--people who had gone all through the trouble of reserving and anxiously waited to be approved, that "an option to go home and ask for the phone to be delivered when it is available is always there". Yes, the man who complained could have accepted that we were going to wait a lot longer than we all expected, but he did have a valid point. Globe had expressly written their requests for customers with schedules to come during their designated time slot and may possibly not be accommodated soon if they did not. So, would it hurt for that rep to say sorry for the inconvenience in behalf of globe now that the damage has been done? Isn't that part of their job?

Please pardon me if I sound preachy. It just bothers me when i remember it and it was a good thing I had my boyfriend along to keep me company and cool. My BB and iPad also helped but I think it was my excitement to get my first ever iPhone, after years of being a BB user, is what made me sane through the wait.

15. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

Should upgrade automatically, but might take a few days, or worst, after your account's cut off date.

16. Francisism

Francisism Member

I didn't get any voucher (25% or 50%), sayang din yun. :)

17. dido_11

dido_11 Member

if you're paying cash, you can ask the ladies in blue or the guys in black that you're paying cash and they'll process your papers fast. when we were there, good that we heard somebody about this "pay in cash" thing, otherwise, we're still there. we entered the tent at 720, we came out with a smile at 830... we really took note of the time :) a little more than a hour did not hurt us... there were softdrinks, hamburger, pizza, donut and hotdog! wished we could have stayed longer, hehehehe... oh, activated na as of this writing!

18. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

they gave me vouchers too even if i'm for recontracting

19. Craig08

Craig08 Member

My cut-off date is actually 13th - a very timely coincidence in getting my iPhone 5 today. I already raised the issue and the CSR told me that it will be resolved in 24 hours. Hopefully!

20. mrslizroxas

mrslizroxas Member

Still no service :( please help.. I already turned off and removed my sim for 5 minutes but still no signal.. Btw, im a new subscriber