Globe iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by wattleferdz, Nov 14, 2020.

1. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

Hey guys, I have a question. How are your speeds on Globe's 5G network? Do you need to have a new sim for it?

2. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

I use the eSIM and 5G is quite decent.

gadgetmonger likes this.
  3. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

I am still on eSim, Speed was great 160-233mbps, pasig ortigas ave ext to megamall.

Though I am perplexed with the upload speed only hangs around at 7-12mbps with 5G. on LTE it goes up to 40-50mbps on uploads.
    E5A76569-2F36-4880-A65D-363881071CD9.png

#703 jayparalejas, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    raypin and gadgetmonger like this.
  4. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

My old sim works with 5G since for some reason, the girl at the business center who handed me my phone didn’t setup an eSim.

gadgetmonger likes this.
  5. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

someone called me last Jan 2 to confirm my plan renewal, then entrego texted me today (Jan 8) that they are attempting a delivery. if it indeed arrives today, it's a total of a 2-week process from the time i submitted my renewal request online last Dec 25. a pretty seamless process all things considered. to be honest i have never experienced trouble renewing my Globe plans (been getting iPhones from them since 2011), wonder why their experience is not consistent across all customers?

6. speeds

speeds Active Member

Mine arrived today. Recontract through Globe App on the 23rd of December. Globe called yesterday and told me it will be delivered on the 16th.

7. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Wife got her mini (renewal business plan)...they gave a voucher worth 3k to buy accessories at the Globe store online

8. eric14

eric14 Active Member

Lucky you. May I know what iphone 12 variant did you get? I haven’t got a call since I submitted my application last Dec. 20. Last wednesday they sent me a text message saying they would call me but they never did.

#708 eric14, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  9. jeanallen

jeanallen Member

Applied last December 20 for renewal - iPhone 12 Pro Max. Tumawag saken January 5 to confirm then nag update yung status sa app to ‘For Delivery’. Nag gawa ako ticket sa app para malaman yung tracking number sa Entrego, pag check ko sa site, delivery being processed na. Based sa FB next status is for Delivery na so hopefully makuwa ko unit bukas. Btw I’m from Bulacan.

Plan 999 tapos charge to bill for 24 months yung cashout. Mga 3x din siguro ako nagreklamo sa fb messenger and nag create ticket sa app kaya ako pinansin. Hehe

#709 jeanallen, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  10. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

What's the lowest plan for charge to bill? I remember before 1799 was the lowest when I recontracted almost 2 years ago

11. jeanallen

jeanallen Member

Based sa fb group may naka kuwa ng plan 599 tapos charge to bill din. Sayang nga yun na lang dapat kinuwa ko since may isa pakong plan na may unlimited internet. Unli call and text lang need ko

Cmmig likes this.
  12. DATC

DATC Member

To those that requested a 5G sim to go with the phone - how is it activated? I inserted my new sim on the iphone 12 yesterday but it isn't activated yet. My line is still active on the old phone.

Is it supposed to activate automatically?

13. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

In my case, it did not. Had to go to gbc to activate. Also my plan packs were wrong when it renewed automatically, complained and was given 16gb for 1799 instead of 15gb and unli calls and text to all networks.

14. gh0st

gh0st Active Member

Send request thru GlobeOne app.

Help & support->Send us your concerns->Plan renewal concern->I want to activate the SIM sent with my device

15. jeanallen

jeanallen Member

Would you know how long this would take? naka Esim kasi ako, so pagdating ng phone ko mamaya di ko pa magagamit yung bagong sim.

16. gh0st

gh0st Active Member

I think that would depend on the availability of an agent to accomodate the ticket raised.
    Mine was processed after 48hrs (within the 1st week if ip12 launch) before an agent called and to confirm the request. Agent told me to wait within 24hrs for the activation of the new sim.
    I’m not sure about the esim to physical sim procedure.

17. jeanallen

jeanallen Member

Thank you! Got my iphone kanina lang, yun na nga di ko magamit since need ko ng sim, nagpunta ko sa Globe Center l, unfortunately di rin nila ma activate yung new sim ko kasi parang yung plan renewal ko sa Feb 1 pa magiging active. Ang hassle pala pag naka esim ka hay.

18. Escritor

Escritor Member

Hello everyone

I got my unit via this telco, I am just curious (because I haven't tried it yet), will the eSIM feature of the iphone 12 work in another country's service provider?

or both physical sim slot and eSim are locked with this telco?

Thank you in advance

19. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Both are locked.

20. Escritor

Escritor Member

Thank you very much for the confirmation

Appreciate it