Globe iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by denpacs, Oct 2, 2019.

1. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i renew my plan this morning thru 211, the agent said that they will call within 48 hours since the iPhone i wanted is out of stock right now. they changed this renewal process because i can’t pre-order now and i have to wait the stock of an iphone before i can choose where they can deliver to the globe store i want.

the big question is, will globe call me since i had many bad experience with them in regards to “call back”. issue.

2. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

no, they won’t. Learned that the hard way 2 years ago with my iPhone X. Called during preorder period. Said they will call and over a month later, no calls from Globe came. Took it upon myself to just go to Globe store and walk in. Thankfully, Globe SM North had my preferred unit then.

3. bhoyetjumpay

plan b, call them every day just like i did for the past years of my recontracting :LOL::LOL::LOL:

4. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

I also called last Wed as that is exactly 30 days before my current contract ends. The first agent I spoke with told me that there’s no stock of 256 GB iPhone Max for any variant and they only have 512 available...was told to call back in a few days.

I ended the call but re-dialed right away.

2nd agent I spoke with gave me a different answer, there’s 256 GB available for Space Grey and Gold (initially wanted Green). I opted for Space Grey since I will use a case anyway. Friday, 2 days after, got a txt that my iPhone is ready for pick up! So got mine since Friday. The 2nd agent was superb, she even called me back today to follow up if I already claimed my unit.

Not sure what metrics they have and why they have different answers, but calling till your satisfied should do the trick.

5. warped

warped Member

I was on the verge of doing this. But probably I was one of the lucky few that got a call back as soon as the stocks were replenished. Called last Wed and got a call back yesterday. Picking it up on the 27th. Surprisingly they recommend store pick ups instead of having it delivered.

bhoyetjumpay likes this.
  6. bhoyetjumpay

as expected after 48 hours, globe didn’t call back. on the 49th hour, i called them and voila they have stocks on the iphone i want. expected delivery at globe store on 28 Nov.

7. ren vict

ren vict New Member

My plan is ending on January 21st 2020 so I called Globe 211 last Nov 14th to renew/recontract and pay the pre-termination fee of more than 2000 pesos and got approved for Iphone 11 Pro Max 256gb CTB and delivery will be on or before Nov 25th. And since I kept on hearing all Iphone 11 variants is out of stock I called again their hotline (211) to verify if there's a guaranteed unit for me and The CSR told me that my phone is on the courier and gave me the tracking number from ENTREGO (Delivery to my home). As soon as we ended our conversation, I checked the tracking number and as early as Nov 17 around past 6am, my phone is on process for delivery. Come today Nov 20th, my phone is still on process for delivery and no development or what so ever. Now, my questions are;
    1. Does delivery at home usually took longer than pick up at store (the nearest globe store to me is out of stock of Iphone 11 as said by their store representative)
    2. Does Globe delivery services tends to stick to the latest date of delivery (Nov 25th for me)
    3. I called Globe again (211) again and they said I need to wait until Nov 25th for the delivery, my worry is the courier may attempt to deliver when I am not around. Is this always the case? I read here that someone called Wednesday and after 2 days his phone was available for pick up already.
    I should have opt for the pickup at the nearest globe stores.

Please enlighten me. This phone is a gift for my daughter and she is alway s asking me for when the phone will be delivered.

8. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

at least the last time I had mine delivered, which was 2 years ago, they were spot on on the date they promised.

But’s easier to pick up as I have done so this year where I was able to get it a week in advance than originally committed. Maybe try to call and ask that it be changed to pickup @ Globe Store nearest to you.

9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

For those asking, Globe delivery is a pain. It gives you a schedule for delivery even if your item is ready for pickup at their physical store. However, most often, it delivers on the scheduled day itself for those who would want to wait for it. If you are not around on the said scheduled day, you should inform Globe CS that your representative will accept the delivery, showing altogether your authorization, an ID and an e-copy of the Globe iPhone you are getting.

To those who got their Globe iPhones, welcome again and join the discussions in the forum.

tonchiton likes this.
  10. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

In my case, delivery it was ahead of schedule. My initial delivery schedule to my office was was Nov 19. Surprised that the courier called me up Nov 15 & that he was in the office. I was out of the office so he just came back the next day, Nov 16.

When would the free 6mos Amazon Prime take effect? When your plan expires? Mine would be Dec 9, so that's when it would only start?

11. tonchiton

tonchiton New Member

Currently, I'm on plan 1799 + 1000 for the XR phone with 15 months remaining in the contract. I'm done renewing my contract in the MOA store and will be paying my pre-termination fee for 35k once the handset arrives. I have been waiting for them to contact me for almost 3 weeks now. I keep calling the globe CSR and told me that is no pending renewal request in their record. I tried to walk in on 4 other globe stores but no luck. They told me that there were issues with the Bureau of Customs holding their handsets for almost a month. Is there someone who had the same scenario as me? Thanks in advance.

12. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

I also called before, & said that they don't have stocks of the variant that I want. Csr said I can try to walk in the Globe stores to try my luck since she said they have different allotments. Tried 3, but still no luck, no stocks for walk ins at the stores I went too. I was already able to get mine so I guess their shipment was already released by customs.

tonchiton likes this.
  13. tonchiton

tonchiton New Member

I went to MOA store a while ago, they told me that their stock will arrive in the last week of November or the 1st week of December. Thanks mate! :)

14. whapakk

whapakk Member

Called and tried recontracting around 1030am today, on queue and waited for 5 minutes. Smooth sailing on the entire procedure of renewal.

It's just kind of weird to have the item available/ receive via Delivery on Nov 27th versus Store Pick up on Dec 4th.

Well, its all done and I'm picking up the item on Dec 4th. Fingers crossed if it arrives earlier than scheduled. :)

15. tonchiton

tonchiton New Member

Wow, congrats! Me too, done re-contracting through the phone. My handset will be available on Dec. 2 through store pick up. Anyone who experiences using ATM debit cards in globe store?

whapakk likes this.
  16. ren vict

ren vict New Member

Thanks, as expected, hindi pa rin nagdeliver. Mukhang tehy will follow talaga yung “On” date na yun. Maybe they (courrier) are consolidating items from globe or yung mga deliveries nila from my area. Provincial kasi, Pero im not too far sa alabang.

17. ren vict

ren vict New Member

Maybe yung courier mo sir has multiple deliveries sa building nyo.

#377 ren vict, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  18. dwin06

dwin06 New Member

Hi,

I got my 11 Pro Max from Globe Store yesterday. I just noticed today that it has minor scratches on the screen. Can this be replaced pa ba?

Thanks

ren vict likes this.
  19. ren vict

ren vict New Member

I doubt na papalitan nila yan since pick up ang ginawa mo. And cosmetics defects are not covered with the 7 days outright replacement.
    Question, Does the unit sealed and opened in front of you?

20. whapakk

whapakk Member

May nareceive ba kayong reference number after mag renew over the phone?

Tapos for store pick up, nakareceive din ba kayo ng text na ready/available na ang unit?