Globe iPhone 11, 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by denpacs, Oct 2, 2019.

1. ggez2792

ggez2792 New Member

Hi all, anong plan kinuha niyo from Globe? May adjustment din ba yung cashout kapag contract renewal? Gusto ko na mag-upgrade from iPhone 7 pero ang mahal ng cashout kapag lower sa 1799.

pierce08 likes this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Let’s be honest about this. As much as we want to speak in Tagalog, we also want English to be the first choice for posting in threads. It’s a matter of preference here in this forum. We’re not being bigots about it. It’s not the norm but the exception. Learn what others are doing right.

Once again, newbies are encouraged to read the forum rules and regulations. For everyone’s sake.

potpot2 likes this.
  3. ggez2792

ggez2792 New Member

I don't see anything wrong with my post, how come previous pages have Tagalog on them? So as I was saying, I wanted to know what Globe plan you guys got.

4. hitme64

Who said it’s wrong? Read properly what is being said. Being new does not give you entitlement to do what you want because you think it’s right.

potpot2 likes this.
  5. sinoPH

sinoPH New Member

I just got my replacement phone after a defective phone was issued to me. But they didn't give me back my receipt because it's "policy" for returned phones. Does that sound weird to you guys?

6. sinoPH

sinoPH New Member

Hi! I have been a member here for years but wasn't really active so I consider myself new and still familiarizing myself. Where can I find the updated forum rules where it says this is an English-only forum? I have read the 2012 version but I'm not sure if it's still up to date and I might miss some other rules.

7. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

what? Isnt it that consumers have rights to have a copy of the receipt of transaction?

loko__loko likes this.
  8. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

if they didn’t give back your receipt, they should at least replace it reflecting the new SN of the device issued to you.

9. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

If I were you, I’ll fix this now. Had a problem before with an iPhone 5 they replaced before its warranty expires. They tagged it as a new phone instead of just a replacement. I just found out during my recontracting with them. Knowing Globe whose always on “system upgrade” which translates to some old records lost/deleted, it is best to always have proof especially receipt of phone from them. Good thing I kept a photo of its replacement receipt.

10. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Ask for a receipt as this is your proof of purchase of your previously defective phone, and that it was replaced by a new phone. You should have a copy of a transaction of the replacement at hand. In the event that your replacement becomes defective, you have something to file a claim with.

11. l7224

l7224 Active Member

I thought Globe has digital copies of the receipt on a customer's online account. Have you checked if it's available there.

12. hitme64

Where did it say it is an English-only forum?? The point is that English is the first choice of communication here, as respect and courtesy to the other members and to the Forum itself. But this isn’t some run-of-the-mill Community Thread where members can just do and write what they want and turn it into their “wall”, or insult, flame, troll or slander other members. Your views are as important as everyone else yet there are certain parameters that are asked of the new members. Some, if not all, just come here because of new Apple products and then disappear forever. Some don’t even have the courtesy to ask the right questions and then challenge those who provide their own views, often with hostility. This isn’t Twitter or Instagram Stories or Facebook. This is PhilMUG. Stay, make your presence known by joining the discussions, appreciate the advice of others, make a sale at the Marketplace, assist and provide help when needed, be a good member. That’s all this Forum asks of you.

Which brings to mind @penmanila’s thread https://www.philmug.ph/community/th...up-if-you-just-got-an-iphone-thats-you.26184/ which is a good read and should be a Sticky again.

potpot2, tanyagirl, Jsnc and 3 others like this.
  13. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

It looks like 1799 is also covered by the adjustment with a 2400 peso discount on the cashout. I think 1799 has always been the “sweet spot” for Globe, since you’d essentially only pay 500 pesos a month for the telco service if you don’t mind a locked iPhone. I’m getting the 64GB Pro Max and the renewal monthly cost should be 3599.

Veeno likes this.
  14. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Sir, does it mean that the posted price on globe’s website is still subject to a discount (for recontracting that is)? Thanx.

15. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

You need to login then their site will validate if your account is eligible for recontracting. It'll redirect you to a different page automatically. Displayed price there for my 11 128gb was 21k which is already the discounted price IIRC. HTH.

16. sinoPH

sinoPH New Member

Oh wow. I asked a question so respectfully and didn't expect this tone. Lol I didn't do anything? I never even spoke in Tagalog? I consider myself new so I was asking the right questions so your tone seems to be misdirected, it's for the previous poster. When you said to refrain from speaking Tagalog (exception rather than norm), then what language do you expect us to speak? Hindi ba, English? Then what does this forum make, an English-only forum but if you speak Tagalog you will be ignored or worse reprimanded. You could've honestly worded it better.

Then make that thread sticky. Were new members supposed to scour the entire forum for that thread which isn't even stickied? Put it in that thread that you guys prefer English rather than Tagalog. It sounds a little off but okay, your forum your rules.

Thank you guys, been a pleasure. This has been so ridiculously funny.

armel, Jess, OhYeah and 1 other person like this.
  17. sinoPH

sinoPH New Member

I "kinda" fixed it. Went to the Globe store yesterday and was told because the new cycle hasn't taken effect yet, they couldn't issue me a receipt just yet and that they will send it to my email at the start of my billing cycle.. This problem extends to the e-sim thing discussed here a few pages back. Globe f*cked up big time and they know it. There were about 6 people in line with the same e-sim problem, I was told.

18. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

Globe has a separate cashout table for recontracting subs. If you’re looking at that table, it should have that discount already.

19. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ll be eligible for renewal on Nov 9 pa. Passed by a Globe store a while ago to ask if they have ready stocks for walk in renewals. They said none, & that the stocks they have are all reserved.

20. ShiroJiro

ShiroJiro New Member

For someone who isn't an active member, who has been a silent reader for most of the time, thank you for sharing this link. Also, where can I find the photography section as I am at utter loss on how to share photos of my newly acquired device(too deep, no?) again, I appreciate mods here who try to educate us on the etiqutte of philmug and welcomes us with open arms. Thankies, mga sir and ma'am! :D