Globe gadget care

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by ivin, Jan 26, 2016.

1. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Haha salamat. :)

2. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Got it today.

Attached Files:

l7224, magnus and FPSAYSON like this.
  3. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

^what’s the connection to gadget care?

4. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Based sa previous post niya, he filed a claim to have his s7 replaced through gadgetcare. Mukhang napalitan

5. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Gadget Care (Chubbs Insurance) replaced my unit. Please take your time to back read. :)

6. magnus

magnus Active Member

I found out that the accidental damage benefit amount is the cost of repair or replacement of the equipment (with the same model or one with similar specs, which may be by way of refurbished equipment)

Did you get a refurbished one?

7. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

I'm not sure if it is refurbished pero did some checking using an app (dunno if it's legit), says it is brand new. Ok with the IMEI checking as well. What made me doubt is the back side is a bit grayish gold than the standout gold. Another thing is when I factory reset the phone, some chinese text popped up with the smart switch logo then the welcome homepage was chinese as well. Pero when I factor reset my S7 from Globe, walang ganung nangyari.

8. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Will ask my friend who owns a Samsung store to check if the unit is brand new, original or refurbished.

9. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

I backread this thread since I found out that I was signed up for Gadget Care when I signed up for an addt'l line (same acct). Looks like it's not worth it.

10. emilsonhernaez

emilsonhernaez New Member

I lost my iPhone X last April 03, 2018. I reported my lost phone to Chubb April 12, 2018 and I received their acknowledgement letter April 17, 2018. I received the decision from my claim May 1, 2018 and paid the participation fee of 4000 May 3, 2018. I called Chubb today and they told me that I am getting my phone sooner than expected. They told me that it was already for delivery tomorrow. I think they did a good job in my case. Maybe nagbago na sila hahaha. I'll post an update once I got the unit from them.

11. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

If you get it by May 12, that's one month since you reported it. I'd actually consider that time as fast enough, could be worse like never. Good to hear that there are success stores for Gadget Care.

12. emilsonhernaez

I think it is really acceptable because it is posted on their policy form that it will take 10 - 15 working days for the decision to be sent after it was reported and another 10 - 15 working days for the replacement of the actual unit. Haha maybe nagbago na talaga ang Chubb.

#52 emilsonhernaez, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  13. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Good to hear this Emilson. Ask ko lang kung paano nawala? Minsan kasi hindi naa-approve due to owner's negligence daw as I read previously sa ibang sites. Thanks.

14. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

does gadget care cover all accidents and theft? what requirements do they ask for a claim? thanks! hopefully nag bago na nga sila :)

15. emilsonhernaez

It was stolen from my bag sa bus. Siksikan yung bus that time and my phone was in my bag the whole time and standing yung bus from Manila to Cavite kaya ayun pag baba ko wala na sa pocket ng bag. :(

In accidental damage, better see the policy itself for more info because I am not really sure about that. And yes they cover robbery and theft. The documents they asked me when I reported are Affidavit of Loss and Ownership from NTC (Downloadable in Chubb's website), Police report(must be dated within 1 week of the incident), and the chubb insurance form.

16. emilsonhernaez

Received it today! Good thing the phone is brand new and not refurbished. My overall experience in chubb was actually good. ♥

Attached Files:

17. magnus

magnus Active Member

The box is not so brand new? Congrats

18. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

doesnt even look like a box from apple.

19. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

They just replace the unit that is under warranty; box and accessories are excluded from it.

20. aeolus15

aeolus15 New Member

Hello, pinaBlock pa yung stolen phone?