Globe gadget care

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by ivin, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Supported ba ang AppleCare for iPhones here in the Philippines? How come I can't see it on the PH Apple Store?

2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member

3. magnus

magnus Active Member

Not available to PH store. Available to SG HK JP and other asian countries but not PH.

4. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Could anyone ask @AppleSupport on twitter about this? It's a bit odd that they dont have AppleCare in the Philippine in spite of about 1 million new iPhones being bought or used within the Philippines annually.

5. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I was given one free month of Globe Gadget Care when I renewed my contract. So, hey, it's free, why not. I was thinking of keeping it, kinda like Apple Care. Guy says if you lose it or drop it and gets wrecked, no questions asked, it gets replaced. But apparently, that's not what's happening. P4,800 per year of insurance, and you're not sure to get one if something does happen? Probably not a good idea then. I was hoping that there's at least one that was able to use it, but so far, all horror stories.

6. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member

That no questions asked seems dubious. Whether it came from Globe or Smart, this is just a standard electronic insurance coverage. They just put sugar coating or marketing names. I suggest if something does happen to your phone, better have a security guard or anyone who works at the establishment where the accident/theft happened have a written document. Or security footage.

7. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah, the Apple PH website does not show any info about AppleCare for iPhones. It has been this way since I wanted to get one for my 4S. :p So am not really that surprised, am just wondering why it has been suggested here.

Unless we can buy AppleCare from the SG store and it'll be honored here (since our units get sent to SG anyways).

8. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

I availed of Globe's Gadget Care when I got my Samsung S7 last 2016. Twice na ako kasi nadukutan (SE Play and SE Pro). The spiel was very catchy, "Avail it, first month is free." Sabi ko pag isipan ko. Then the rep said, "Kapag after pa kayo kumuha, hindi na covered ang theft. I have the option to cancel it after a month." Kaya kumuha ako. They informed me na I have to pay P7000 for the placement, hindi free yun replacement nila.

9. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Almost a year and a half ang phone ko and payment ng premium (P399 for a P32,000 phone then). This December nagloko unit, sobrang mababato mo yun phone pag ginamit mo until nag crash yun phone. Here's the sequence ng ginawa ko:
    Jan 3 filed a claim with Chubbs. Told them what happened, no need to fill out the form since nakwento ko na and yun ibang details na needed.
    Jan 10 tumawag that my claim was approved. Considered myself lucky kasi nga mostly rejected yun ibang nagke claim.
    Jan 11 received their email confirmation and instructions on how to pay the placement fee of P4000. I paid and emailed the slip the same day. 10-15 days daw ang process to find the same unit. Nabasa ko sa ibang forums na unit lang mismo ang papalitan, no box nor accessories.
    Jan 17 followed up if they have already a replacement. Call back daw ako ng 19, dating ng stocks nila.
    Jan 19 wala daw S7, try ko 24 afternoon.
    Jan 22 nagbaka sakali. No luck 24 pa rin.
    Jan 24 wala pa rin daw. Pero within the week may padating pa.
    Jan 25 today, someone called me that the unit is unavailable. Nagbiro pa ako na iPhoneX ang ipapalit. Hindi daw pwede mag upgrade. The only option they can offer is repair with Samsung Service Center. Was surprised kasi alam ko pag walang unit, mago offer sila ng other brand and/or model. Repair lang daw ang option, rest assured daw na original ang parts na gagamitin. Inulit ko yun, sure ba na walamg ibang options. Wala raw, option lang talaga is repair. Napa oo na lang ako then they set a schedule ng pick up ng unit.

Then I realized, nagbayad ako ng replacement fee, P4000, bakit repair lang? Eh di sana ako na lang nagpa repair. Called them again na unfair yun option na yun, then I requested for a replacement. Ako pa ang nagsabi na, "Hindi ba kayo mago offer ng ibang replacement basta bago?" Pwede naman daw. Nung afternoon nag follow up ako kasi walang nasagot dun sa kausap ko regarding sa stocks. "Sir noted po na gusto nyo ng replacement and ayaw po ng repair." Those were the words na sinabi sakin. Not rude yun tone nor walang hint ng sarcasm, pero nakakainis yun linya kaya nasabi ko sa rep nila, "Per advertisement ng Globe, replacement ang nakalagay at walang repair na sinabi." Umokey lang sya. They will try next week kung may makukuha. Kung wala ibang model/brand na talaga. I asked kung anomg available, ang sabi lang, basta same specs daw ng phone. Napaisip ako, hindi ba same value dapat?

Good luck sakin next week. Balitaan ko kayo.

mokmoki likes this.
  10. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

ang daya - if you're the kind of person who just says "Yes" to everything they say then you would have received a repaired unit instead of the promised replacement. hope this story gets a good outcome, good luck sir!

11. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Actually, I am that kind of person. I hate arguements that's why I agree, most of the time. Anyways, fingers crossed. Hoping they will find the same unit. If really for replacement, I hope it'll be something at par with S7.

12. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

UPDATE: A guy from Chubbs (Globe Gadget Care), the same guy who offered the "only" option which is to repair my phone, called me today, 01/27, to inquire if I'm in the office because I think they found a replacement unit for my S7. Told him we don't have work on a Saturday and will not be in the office on Monday as well. He asked if I have a representative to receive the unit, I answered him that the phone is with me and requested to pick it up on Tuesday.

Remember, they will get the damaged/insured phone upon releasing the replacement unit.

13. magnus

magnus Active Member

So it is easier to for them to take actions on a damaged unit than a stolen phone. It's seems you are one of the lucky customer for not having a hard time claiming the insurance from globe gadget care.

You filed claim to Chubbs? Who is this Chubbs? where is this chubbs? Why file to Chubbs?

14. ivin

ivin Active Member

So its 2018, 2 years since i started the thread hehe. Still bad reviews of globe gadget care .

In lieu with the topic, does anyone know of where we can get a good gadget care insurance at this time?

15. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

In my case, my unit is an S7. Went on a swimming party with phone on the side of the pool. Didn't dip it nor submerge it in the pool. Just a few splashes just like what happened before. All of the sudden tuhe back button was malfunctioning. It presses by itself or stop working at all. The screen was also not working properly. Like when I touch something, it will have a long press, even if I lifted my finger on it. And this is a water resistant phone.

Chubbs (formerly known as ACE Insurance) is the insurance company behind Globe's Gadget Care. They are based here in Makati (that's why they are inquiring if I'm in the office yesterday, they are just a few blocks away from our office).

16. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

I think Malayan Insurance offers gadget insurance. Samsung sent an email regarding this. Annual fee is P3,000+, lower than Globe's offer.

17. magnus

magnus Active Member

I emailed Chubb to inquire if they really give a replacement phone per advertised and not facilitating repair. They replied. Di na lang sana ako nag email if papatawagin din ako sa landline nila. May sumasagot ba..

[​IMG]

18. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Yes, may sumasagot.

19. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Silly me, let me update this.

The call I received last Saturday was from JRS Express regarding my order from Spigen. Anyways, I told them that I will call them on Wednseday for an update. Sorry for the slip up.

20. magnus

magnus Active Member

So, let us say this to you...

G O O D L U C K