Globe gadget care

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by ivin, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ivin

ivin Active Member

Hi guys, just was wondering.
    Anyone here availing of globe gadget care?
    Does it really work? Was thinking of getting one my self.
    Maybe we can discuss here the pros and cons, or other insurance plans for our gadgets :)

2. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

The lack of any reply to your query means noone avails Gadget Care. Simply, it doesn't care at all. Hehe

My advise: Don't. Get Apple Care instead if that's an Apple product.

3. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

gadget care includes theft not just damages.

4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

5. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Yea... It's too good in writing. Too good to be true though.

ericb and jetan like this.
  6. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Is this based on your personal experience or just hearsay?

7. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Based in my i5s experience. Yea it was once only. I submitted affidavit of loss, police blotter, thru email and at the store, to no avail , i wasn't issued a replacement phone as "after considering the documents i submitted, the insurance (which i forgot the name already) did not approve the same)". The numerous follow ups get so tiring until i decided to just stop. The last time i made a follow up, "sir naglapse na po yung days na dapat magfile kau ng claim". Of course, it lapsed due to their non-action. Sa tagal ba naman ng 24-48 hours ng Globe. Anyway, to save my self some decency, i demanded to terminate the plan, with NTC's help of course.

And another personal experience, i helped a friend in claiming the gadget care when his car was ransacked, his iphone 6 was stolen. Globe was not able to release a replacement "after the insurance considers the documents, there was negligence on his part". He only paid 2 mos of the gadget care 399 when his iPhone was stolen. It took him 3 months to know the resolution on his case.

Anyway, regardless of being hearsay, i trust those hearsays when it comes to Globe services. Sabi nga nila rumors are 30% true.

ericb and oj88 like this.
  8. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Ace yata ung insurance... Can't recall it.

9. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

Just google Globe Gadget Care and you'll see that there are a lot of negative feedbacks regarding the insurance provider of Globe (note, it's not Globe who issues this insurance nor decides on claims).

I say just take care of your phone really well..

Fervish likes this.
  10. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

just came from Globe SM Megamall last night to complain about Gadget Care charges on my account...

i received a text message almost a month after i re-contracted last November 2014 saying that my "Free Gadget Care will expire in 2 days and unless i opt out it will auto-renew for only 89/month...." For P89.00 of course i didn't opt out... but then when i read this thread, i reviewed my latest bill and i discovered that i was being charged for P399/month for a year now... i really hope something comes out of my complaint... that's P3,720.00! (P399 - P89 = P310 x 12)... the customer service rep gave me a reference no. for follow-ups... i'm keeping my fingers crossed....

saibot likes this.
  11. ivin

ivin Active Member

Hahah all negative. Thanks. Saved myself the trouble :D

Anyone knows if apple care for iphone is offered in installments?

12. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi! Try reading the Apple Premium Reseller Section. It was posted some were able to get apple care via installment.

13. pael

pael Well-Known Member

I think it's Asurion

14. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

haha! i remember this part of the recontracting form where it asks if i would like to avail of Gadget Care.

i checked the 2nd box to confirm that i'm not and wrote in bold letters on the side: "NO, I WILL NOT AVAIL OF GADGET CARE."

can't be too careful... i don't want no magical charges appearing on my bill after a month or so relating to this.

15. nick_24

nick_24 Member

Oww is it really that bad? nag avail pa naman ako nito. I'm a bit paranoid since my last iPhone (4s) tragedy.

16. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

thing is amigo, if what our colleagues here say still holds true (overwhelmingly on the negative if you notice) and given that it's a pain to make a claim, it seems we'd best be served not even bothering with gadget care.

yun nga lang, we'd really have to exercise due diligence in looking after our phones, avoiding basic things such as leaving them unattended (theft), leaving them inside our pants (laundry risk) and a host of others which, with proper care and anticipation of the unexpected, will render this Globe offering unecessary for the vast majority of users out there.

17. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

More than a year since the last reply, still no positive feedback for Globe Gadget Care? Still a no no?

18. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member

Is this still available? I think this is just a standard electronic insurance coverage under BPI MS since this is Globe. Depending on the amount of takers, it would probably go on. But if not enough people acquire this, they'd probably ease it out or at least slow it down(slow down claims). Just my opinion. A number of insurance companies are also doing this like Standard Insurance. Again IMO, this would only work if a large number of users avail of this. They'd probably use celebrity endorsers or well known personalities just to attract users. Read the policy you're given so you know what you're getting in to.

19. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

When I renewed my plan with Globe last Nov, they asked me if I wanted to avail of the Gadget Care, I said no.

20. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

It’s Chubb. https://www2.chubb.com/ph-en/business/globe-gadget-care.aspx