Globe Fiber Plan

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by CMWRay, Sep 30, 2018.

Tags:
?

Is it worth Subscribing to Globe Fiber Plan

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

8.3%
  3. Mixed Experience. Sometimes with issues. Sometimes good.

8.3%
  1. oaba09

oaba09 Member

We're subscribed to plan 2899(100 mbps unlimited) and so far, we have not experienced a single issue(we upgraded to fiber around 7 months ago). We used to be subscribed to their DSL plan and our connection had a problem at least once per year....With FIBER, I noticed that it is more stable and less prone to interference(weather, heat, etc...)....We get around 90 mbps download speed and 40 mbps upload speed which more than enough for our needs(we are all heavy users in our household)...

2. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Planning to avail the 100mbps (2899) only to be denied stating that it's not available in my area. Bummer.

3. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Is there a DSL?

Anyone? What is the difference of DSL and Fiber based on experience? I think the DSL is 2499?

4. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Is this unlimited? No fix amount of data allocation?

5. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

Looks like the duopoly are now rolling out aggressively. I just noticed this week that we have already both PLDT and Globe fiber NAP boxes in our area.

[​IMG]

We are on the old PLDT Fibr 3500 Triple Play, no major complaints for the past 2+ years.

I'm thinking of getting Globe's plan 2899 to test if there will be any differences.

6. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

I take this back. Converge has a major problem and net is totally down since last Saturday noon till now. Calling tech service is of no help also. They just said a major cut happened and no ETA. Their FB page is also so controlled that you cannot see if other people are complaining. They use to publish outage notifications but this time none at all. Looks like by expanding they forgot their roots and proper customer service. Lucky, we’re moving out soon....

7. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Between between Globe and PLDT I’ll still go with PLDT. They simply have a better backbone already in place compared to other providers. Yes, their customer service sucks but I never have to deal with them for the past 3 yrs that I am with PLDT.

Fervish likes this.
  8. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Between between Globe and PLDT I’ll still go with PLDT. They simply have a better backbone already in place compared to other providers. Yes, their customer service sucks but I never have to deal with them for the past 3 yrs that I am with PLDT.

9. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

I hope they do implement Globe Fiber in more areas. The deal seems more promising.

10. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Yes, they do offer DSL. Fiber is superior to DSL in terms of speed but availability is better with the latter as Globe has not yet rolled out Fiber services in most areas within the country. In terms of connection stability, I can't say as I am not Globe DSL nor Fibr subscriber but based on the feedback with my peers, it has been mixed to mostly negative.

11. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Yes....it's a true unlimited plan.....no limits, no capping, no throttling....

Globe offers non unlimited plans as well for those who do not download heavily...

For example, their 100 mbps plans have 2 tiers:
    - Plan 2499 with 1 TB of data allocation
    - Plan 2899 unlimited

We chose the unlimited plan since the difference is only 400 pesos,....

potpot2 likes this.
  12. oaba09

oaba09 Member

We had a bad experience with PLDT years ago...Our DSL line had a problem and it took them months to send someone over and "fix"it........After a few weeks, the problem returned so we decided to cut our line and transfer to globe........It's a really a case by case basis....There is no perfect ISP so we have to make do with the choices we have.....Globe IMO has the better customer service so we decided to go with them....

13. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

Globe is a total joke...

So I took my chances and had the fiber installed in our new place in BGC. It was installed last Monday and it even took them 4+ hrs to get working because they forgot to enable the ports assign in our building. Though after that, it’s fine. Download speed is more than advertised of 20 MBPs (normall hits 24 MBPs) but upload speed sucks and always just around 6-7. So it was fine since then until today. I was just watching netflix then around 05:15 AM it’s gone. Connection is gone. Literally, less than 4 days after installation. Not a good start at all.

Called them up and asked for their tech to visit today else I will return this right away tomorrow instead of sticking to this kind of service. So funny that it’s not even a week yet and here we are....

14. arvbee

arvbee Member

Seems like I might be an outlier, but I've had excellent experience with Globe Fiber. I'm subscribed to 50mbps (1899 600GB) but I'm constantly getting 75mbps. For the past year since getting it, I've only experienced disconnection around 3 times, and it resolved itself after not later than 30 minutes after. It's super consistent, super fast, and I'm extremely happy.

At first I thought that the service would decline after the three month trial, but it's still as terrific now as it was before. :)