Globe eSIM Available End of 2018

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Nov 5, 2018.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..that’s the info regarding dual sim locked Globe iPhones. So, it is not premature to discuss the merit and demerit of dual locked iPhones.

2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I know this is a Globe esim thread, but I just talked to a Smart rep and they said Smart is also locked on both physical and esim. I almost said WTF? But, I just smiled instead, and I think she understood my expression.

Does this mean the only unlocked XS and Maxes are the ones BTB, Switch and others are selling?

raypin likes this.
  3. raypin

Mm..isa lang ang sagot dyan: Welcome China Telecom. Today, we are one step closer to breaking the duopoly and a 3rd Telco. Not that I will be switching but a third telco will force the duopoly to vastly improve their service and prices. I don’t trust the Chinese government, the owner of China Telecom.

iamtonypet and pandecoco like this.
  4. warped

warped Member

China Telecom: dual nano slots locked... social media apps blocked...

pandecoco, rdy0329 and raypin like this.
  5. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Hindi naman blocked. China Telecom has many partners worldwide and hindi blocked and social media apps. Only mainland China ang blocked ang social media sites.

6. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

If you go to China using Globe they won’t block social media on China Telecom.

It’s really more of a localized Great Wall for China.

Happy I got my BTB max. Can’t wait to utilize dual sims.

I wonder if the telcos will allow multiple sims for one number like smart used to allow. I.E. I keep a SIM card on another phone and shut off the phone then log in using my max dual sim. That would be real useful.

joethemobile01 likes this.
  7. warped

warped Member

Realized my emojis didn’t show on my post... Trying to be funny... :) guess not... sorry for the OT...:)

8. teleclem

teleclem Member

Odd since she told me eSim would work abroad w/ foreign carriers while on travel.

9. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

there's still a motion for the 2.

10. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

We are nearing 2019, I would presume Globe's esim support would happen next year to be honest. I'm just happy the Apple Watch stainless steel LTE versions would be available locally if the eSim support is pushed through.

11. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

^^ Globe promised (per PR) to release eSIM support before the end of the year, there's still more weeks before 2019, so fingers-crossed.

12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^What I would like to try and do is a Globe postpaid on the physical sim tray, which I have now, and an interchangeable Globe or Smart esim on the unlocked (no carrier) Xs Max...what do you think @raypin?

raypin likes this.
  13. raypin

Mm...yes. Ideal. But what if you visit a country that does not support eSIM? So, recommend Globe postpaid eSim and leave the nano sim reserved for prepaid local or foreign sim.

#73 raypin, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Hero33 and iamtonypet like this.
  14. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

exactly my plan. Globe as eSim, secondary number as eSim, then nano free for foreign sim... or eSim.

15. raypin

Mm....I think it is best to keep the eSIM exclusively Globe postpaid, primary number. It is your primary contact number and you can be anywhere in the world and your loved ones or business contact can call you. It has to be on-line 24/7/365. Storing another profile or account on the eSIM and activating it means deactivating your Globe postpaid. It is one active account/number on the eSIM at any one time.

16. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

I have a different idea. I am thinking of keeping the nano SIM as my primary number and have several cellular plans assigned to the eSIM and then switch plans depending on the country of destination.

17. raypin

Mm...only a handful of countries will support eSIM. Refer to Apple’s list plus Globe PH (more or less confirmed). It is not widespread yet. It will take time before there is widespread adoption.

18. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

Ah...there are several companies offering package. These companies have roaming partners in different countries. Just like the eSIM I am using right now, I can get either SMART or Globe signal

raypin likes this.
  19. iamtonypet

iamtonypet Member

And so we still wait for updates. :sleep:

Juice and raypin like this.
  20. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

True.