Globe eSIM Available End of 2018

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Nov 5, 2018.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^yung akin sir naayos na nung Nov 2, though magkaiba ata tayo ng case kasi yung sa kin apparently the globe store (my preferred pickup branch) tagged my device as pending when in fact it should have been released na kasi i attended the midnight launch... good thing the one at platinum hotline looked at my account and what was causing the “pending” status... nagtaka din nga sya kasi wala naman prob sa account bakit may pending thingy... she contacted the specific globe store to fix the pending status and yun i was able to get an e-sim na... nung pumunta ako sa globe store and yun they just checked the account and in 5mins was out already i was issued a new qr code... kung napaaga sana na natapat ako sa globe rep na yun who really took time to check my account hindi sana ako na hassle... i was only turned over to platinum kse I’m trying to upgrade kasi ung plan ko

2. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Quick question... is the Globe e-SIM for postpaid subscribers only? Or do they offer e-SIM for prepaid subs as well?

I'm thinking of just getting a prepaid line but the only vacancy my phone has is an e-SIM slot. Since this Globe number will just be secondary, I don't wanna get a postpaid line for it.

3. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

I believe esim is exclusively for post paid lines.

4. johnyasis

johnyasis New Member

Sell your Globe locked phone then buy an unlocked HK version. Thats what i did plus i didnt have to pay extra. Now i can utilize both sims and pay in installment since it’s charged to my plan :)

5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

I try calling the globe hotline regarding the unlocking of globe iphones... its true that after your contract expire globe can unlock the globe exclusive but they told me they can only unlock for call and text but for data usage its still lock to globe... is that true?

6. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I think the person you talked to dont know what he’s/she’s saying

7. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

So it means when they unlock the phone i could use any other network and use for call text and even for data?

jhonas015 and potpot2 like this.
  8. yammie

yammie Member

Yes, your phone is no longer locked with Globe.

9. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

just wondering has anyone tried esim but not from globe? i see esims being used for europe or china. Has anyone tried?

10. wicked271

wicked271 New Member

Hi. I’ve been thinking of getting an e-sim for my iPhone from Globe but have been hesitant. Just a few questions I hope someone can answer:

1. Has anyone tried to transfer e-sim to a new phone? How easy is it?

2. How is the Data compared to regular sim? Is there a difference in speed?

3. Any problems with lost connections or call drops?

thanks!

11. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Active Member

1. Has anyone tried to transfer e-sim to a new phone? How easy is it?
    Globe-issued e-SIMs are device-lock, meaning the QR code can only be used and activated on the device it is registered to. in the event that you accidentally deleted or have reset the phone, you can, however, rescan the QR code to register the profile to that same device.

2. How is the Data compared to regular sim? Is there a difference in speed?
    i personally don’t experience a change or difference.

3. Any problems with lost connections or call drops?
    again, i personally don’t see a difference compared to physical nano sims.

my own personal experience with the use of e-sim may be different from those of others. ☕️

12. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Got a globe e sim bar code last year for my xs max.

will be moving to a pro max. Has anyone tried using the old bar code to transfer e Sims ?

13. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

you need to get a new code. As per my experience, old QR code will not work on your new device. This is such a hassle since QR code is suppose to work like physical sim wherein you can just simply pop your sim to your new or other devices to work. Talking about technology eh! Hahaha

Theus likes this.
  14. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup you need a new QR code for a new phone. Hassle, especially in my case when apple had to replace my defective iPhone Xs. 3 weeks I didn’t have my e-sim & iPhone . Perfect excuse to getting my iPhone 11 Pro though :whistle:

15. bowser

bowser Member

Did you remove the cellular plan from your old device before using the QR code on your new device?

16. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

yes. I tried that. Even resetting and erasing all contents from my xs max. But no avail.

17. wicked271

wicked271 New Member

Thank you. Once you have e-sim, will it be easy to go back to physical sim if there's a problem with the e-sim?

18. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Active Member

you just go to the neareast GBC and request a change back to physical nano and they should provide you with one. ☕️

19. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried activating/linking a blank eSIM through the hotline? Globe gave me one when I got my new phone from them but it’s not linked to my account yet.

20. argonautjay

argonautjay Member

Hope someone can shed light... What happens to the esim signal if we go to a country where there is no esim support? For example if we go to Cambodia? Do we still get a phone signal even if the country’s telco doesn’t offer e-sim support? Or do we ask Globe for a physical sim before traveling?