Globe eSIM Available End of 2018

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Nov 5, 2018.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

oh i wasnt trying to convince you sir that the system doesnt suck hehe just explaining what actually happened and why the e-sim thingy became a hassle

2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

HK units don't have e-sim. i'm still avoiding using e-sim unless local telco perfected it already.. with physical sim changing phones takes less hassle.

3. jetan

good decision sir. with HK iPhones having physical sims its less hassle. you can swap anytime.

4. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Grabe sa pagka manipulate naman si globe both the physical and e-sim where both locked sa globe, whats the purpose pa of having two sims if both of them you will be using it for globe network only...

Ang makikinabang lang nito probably ay yun users which yun isang sim for office and the other sim for personal use but still both the same network

5. yammie

yammie Active Member

It's not just globe, but all telco does this as they subsidize the phones that were purchased from them. they can unlock it though after your contract expires.

6. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

You mean to say they can unlock both the physical sim and esim? How much they will charge you to unlock it?

is there any other way to unlock kahit isa lang sa either physical or esim?

7. speeds

speeds Active Member

learned that the hard way. I was troubleshooting for an hour just to realize it has no esim.

8. yammie

yammie Active Member

Yes, once your contract expires, they can unlock it for free. Just call their hotline support. No other way to unlock it, only the Telco that provided you the phone can unlock it.

9. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

It is their right to do so.
    And you can always buy from other sources.

shootertwist likes this.
  10. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

this sums up Globe in my opinion:

watch

11. John cid 42

John cid 42 New Member

Is there a way let say i will get a new iphone to them, then is there a way to unlock kahit either the physical or esim kahit na may bayad kaya kahit hindi pa tapos un contract ko... ang daya naman nila ☺️

I agree with dgame, how could we we maximize the purpose of dual sim if you could only use one network

12. shootertwist

^there is a way - buy unlocked iphones. You cant buy a "subsidized" iPhone then complain globe isn't fair, LOL... Globe is within their rights to lock up those iPhones since its subsidized by them.. is it fair? maybe not, its like asking whether Apple overcharges us or not... you live with it, or go somewhere else or get an alternative...

we have had this same discussion exact time din last year, with newbies complaining that the iPhone they bought (which was partly subsidized by globe, is locked). sometimes its funny how history repeats itself, haha

Dgame12345 likes this.
  13. shootertwist

+1. exactly, well said sir

14. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

But is it not the same with other ASEAN countries? I used to recontract with Maxis (Malaysia) before and their handsets are also discounted and are all unlocked. It's probably a local regulation thing.

15. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

OT:
    Mostly, the "right" everyone is talking about is afforded to them by the LAW. You would think contract would be enough for people to stay with Globe but locking the phone ensures:
    • Phones lost after customer ran away from contract payments will it's still used within the GLOBE network (recoup loss), even on prepaid.
    • There seems to be a lot of that incidence even from my extended circle. Globe is protecting themselves with that.
    • The after contract compromise is actually the "meet me in the middle" solution by our telco. It rewards people who are responsible enough.
    • Roaming income is a HUGE reason why Globe locks their phones. Convenience trumps being savvy if you are rich enough, as I observed through some of my friends, just turn on data roaming and BOOM P599 agad.
    Other countries like AU, HK, SG or JP bans network locking because they deem that a contract is enough to ensure continued business between consumers and telco. It has more to do with the maturity of the consumer base at this point.

16. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Just to add 3% of all SIM subscribers are postpaid.

17. clariego

clariego Member

Got my Esim yesterday at SM Aura. They have a "system down" yesterday when I arrived, but I was able to get my esim activated in less than 30 minutes

18. jetan

dual sim from samsung phones are unlocked to other network

19. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT209044 To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information.

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

20. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

man, i am missing so much not having my number because of the esim mess on recontracting lines. i’ve already missed out on important calls. :(

i hope Globe will be more careful next time.