Globe eSIM Available End of 2018

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Nov 5, 2018.

1. cali_018

cali_018 Member

parang ganun na nga.. iba kasi ang hirap kausap.. kahit iexplain mo na my nakapagrequest ng FU iphone nila, pinagpipilitan pa din nila alam nila..

2. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

I got info from someone from Globe HQ.

If you have a postpaid account and want an eSIM initiate a SIM replacement request but specify you want the eSIM.

You can do this in a Globe Store, hotline or email.

Give copies of required documents for SIM replacement.

eSIM with QR code will be sent to you as a hard copy to your billing address or other address on record.

I specifically asked if the QR code could be emailed but at this time it is not possible.

Reasons why Globe Store sales person answered are as follows.
    • Branch has not been briefed.
    • Branch manager, supervisor or employee have not been briefed.
    • Globe employee is not briefed, too frightened to give the wrong answer or is only interested in moving if it leads to a commission or commendation.
    • Employee is actually an anti-vaxxer.
    • eSIM is a non-revenue activity so just like unlocking an out of contract iPhone there is no nothing for them.
    eSIM is awesome if you want to make it impossible for thieves to resell your iPhone. Sadly if you get the device from telcos like Globe the nanoSIM is rendered useless until you are able to unlock it.

#362 Adarna, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  3. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

I am overseas with an overseas phone line... happy to have eSIM now like you folks here. :D

Provisioning was done instore but the QR code we received through email. Was easy enough to do, it’s just that the one who assisted us didn’t know how to do the provisioning yet kaya natagalan. And we weren’t properly briefed kung anong mangyayari after provisioning (we thought no more QR code).

Ready for PH physical SIM na! Haha. I don’t have to carry two phones on my next travels to Pinas...

4. atchoo420

atchoo420 New Member

Wala paring balita sa Apple Watch Series 3/4 eSim support?

5. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

When will globe implement e-sim for prepaid users? Any information?

6. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Guys if i will get a new plan from globe (xs max) that means naka globe lock di ba yun phone? Panu yun esim nun, naka globe lock din ba?

Kasi im planning kasi to travel abroad, im planning to get sana an esim while im out of the country.. is that possible ba?

7. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

esim and physical sim is locked to globe.

8. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi guys!!! It will be my first time using an e-sim. Id like to ask if how long po ang process sa pagrequest ng physical sim to esim conversion from Globe Postpaid? Same day po ba pwede ko makuha QR code? Thank you!

9. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

From the moment they call your number in the store to getting your QR code/card? I'd say 30 minutes to an hour, tops. They'll also help you set it up. Mine took longer because they had to process changing to Platinum signal.

Don't forget to bring an ID and your physical SIM. And make sure you go to one of the stores listed at http://www.globe.com.ph/esim/. (Btw, the store where I got mine is at Greenhills/VMall. The guy I talked to was at least informed about their eSIM offering.)

#369 JMacalinao, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  10. Kleithxx

Thanks for the info!! I thought it would take days bago makapagrequest. Will try to request on the same day that ill get my new phone. Thaaaaanks!

11. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

To those who are coming from iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max with their Globe eSIM activated -- did you just scan the QR Code to transfer the eSIM activation from the X-series to your new iPhone 11 series? Reason I asked is because mine did not work. I had to go to Globe - wait an hour on a rather non-busy day - to spend 10 minutes to get the eSIM QR Code replaced.

Also, the point of eSIM is for you to be able to change it easily, specially when traveling. If you need to go to Globe every time to re-register, then it is a pain in the you know what.

12. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Globe isn't the most forward thinking company when compared to Smart.

I tried getting an eSIM via email through Globe Support but they insist on my going to their store.

I do not think they have the facilities to send an eSIM or they do not have the internal protocols to deploy it via email.

The good thing is eSIM deployment by foreign telcos are how the rest of the world intended it to be.

AVG likes this.
  13. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

I can imagine how painful it is to have to drop by their stores, but at least they ARE now offering e-sim while Smart still don't (or last time I checked, they still don't).

14. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

does Globe offer prepaid esim?

15. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

I'd visit an isolated Globe store before lunch time.

16. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

Not yet, and I don't reckon they will start doing so anytime soon. Not many mobile phone brands/models support e-sim at this time.

17. Kleithxx

Anyone tried converting their globe postpaid sim to e-sim and using it on a US issued iPhone 11 pro max? Did it work? The rep from globe told me they are not sure if it will work in an iPhone 11 pro max.

18. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

it will work. eSIM is a standard. Globe employees are not techies and do it for the paycheck

19. Kleithxx

I was about to trade in my US iPhone to GH’s Dual Sim HK iPhone bec the globe rep told me that she’s not sure it will work. Buti nalang I couldnt get a nice deal kanina and decided to take the risk. Buti nalang it worked. I saved 6,000 pesos!

20. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

What are the advantages of having an esim?