Globe eSIM Available End of 2018

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by neilrg, Nov 5, 2018.

1. antski

antski Well-Known Member

best to ask Globe directly.

2. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

yeah will try to do that.. baka lang there is someone who has the same situation who has done checking ahead...

3. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Apple watch is not yet supported. You can back read. I guess someone tried activating his esim to his apple watch and got a message that device is not yet supported.

trigo likes this.
  4. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information...

5. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

I have the setup too, there is an option to add the esim on the apple watch independently

6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

When rolled out, you just need to nominate the number you'd like to be associated with your cellular AWatch via the Watch app on your iPhone XS Max.

potpot2 likes this.
  7. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally! (y)

2642B02D-40D7-4998-BB9F-A2D12C2ED12E.jpeg

3C436E9B-60EB-4562-8937-73C2D4B625D7.jpeg

trigo, armel, jbfirefly and 4 others like this.
  8. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

will explore this with globe if this is feasible.

9. wem272

wem272 Member

Just came from sm sta mesa globe and spoke with cliff. Lte Apple Watch not yet supported. Their internal faq only states conversion of lte sim to new physical esim ( whatever that means). I decided to stay away from lte Apple Watch until they straighten out their procedures on this.

10. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

It was already discussed few pages back (page 11) as well as in the Apple Watch thread that support for Apple Watch is not yet available.

11. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Member

question for Globe Plat subscribers who migrated to esim, did your signal name change back to Platinum already?

thanks in advance for the response.

12. coffeeboy

coffeeboy Member

Nope, its still "Globe LTE", have not reverted to Platinum yet

13. unknowngreats

unknowngreats Member

okay. when you moved to esim, was there any advisory given as to when it will revert to Platinum?

EDIT: decided to drop by ATC GBC and was told signal for Plats using esim will be updated March or April of this year.

#273 unknowngreats, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  14. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Dropped by today at Globe SM Baguio. I asked a male agent at the entrance if esim is available. A female rep interrupted us and said: “Wala pa po esim sa Pilipinas”. I calmly told her some globe store in Manila is currently implementing it. Another male rep then joined the convo and said: “Sir sa January 17 pa po available esim dito sa Baguio. Pero di pa po sure sa 17”. I left.

15. dacci

dacci New Member

Globe Baguio has it as stated on the eSIM FAQ. See https://www.globe.com.ph/help/eSIM.html.

16. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

I also got the same treatment in SM Masinag. I showed them the website but the agent insisted that eSIM is such a foreign word and does not understand what it is. I calmly asked to give me a queue number to their customer service. I got an eSIM in less than 15 minutes after that.

17. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

These frontliners don’t even bother to check with their managers. Should’ve shown them a photo of the eSIM cards posted here.

18. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Question. Can we revert to the physical sim if for example we are switching to a phone that does not support esim?

19. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I asked that very question yesterday when I went to Megamall to have my XS Max eSIM activated and the answer is yes.

You can revert back to physical SIM once your number is on the eSIM.

A curious thing happened to me though when I did make the switch. I popped in my Globe prepaid sim into the physical slot and it was recognized by the phone without issues... until I started using it.

The first problem I encountered was how to send sms from each number. Messages did not give me the option to select which number to use for sending out sms. Also, it was hard to determine which number received a text message.

The next problem I encountered was with my data. Although I selected my postpaid to be the default for calls, texts, and data, I was experiencing inexplicable data slowdown and was almost always stuck on 3G where I normally would get LTE. What made matters worse was that the phone was now showing both sims using my prepaid number.

This bizarre behavior made me take my prepaid out of my iPhone and put it back on my Note 9 which handles dual sims FAR better. Since removing my sim, my phone started working fine again restoring even my lost LTE connections.

Theus and eli71724 like this.
  20. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Aw bad news for me. I am planning to do this setup once I get my esim activated. Prepaid for additional data, postpaid for my primary contact. Have you found a solution for this? Thanks!