Globe Cellular Data Network Configuration

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by galaceuriel, Apr 7, 2009.

1. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Re: iPhone4 3G settings for Globe prepaid HELP

@jaytrixz: wow, thats bizarre! can that really happen?

@penman: do you have another way of getting data plan besides what indygo said?

2. indygo

indygo Member

Go to Globe and ask them to set it up. Branch is just right across Topnet.

The sim is a new released micro sim so it isn't old. Globe may find it defective though, and issue a replacement. No other solution except to go to them.

Globe tested the hotspot on my UK openline unit. They are kind enough to assist as long they see you wanting to use their network.

#42 indygo, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  3. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

hi guys,

just to close this issue, just in case there are others with the same problem.

my friend was able to connect to the internet using 3g already.

we talked to different Globe service centers in malls but the one in shangrila was the only store that was able to resolve the issue.. seems like on their system, there is a field "INTERNET" and my friends internet field was set to NO.. the guys showed us that field and he turned that to YES..

He also told us not to let her load go below 20 pesos.. i guess if it goes below 20, the INTERNET field would reset to NO.. just a guess though.. so there it is.. my friend was able to 3g na! hooray!

thanks guys for all your input! thanks philmug! youre the best!

4. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

type in internet.globe.ph and leave the username and password blank. do a reset if neceassary.

i usually do a reset in order to refresh the setting. after the reset, i can now access the internet using 3G

5. hellteacherloki

hellteacherloki New Member

Globe Post- and Prepaid Settings for iPhone 4s

I just recently had postpaid line from globe with an apple iPhone 4s yesterday, the sim was not yet activated so i was tempted to get a prepaid sim and try its capabilities. i would just like to ask the guys here who are also using prepaid 4s about the apn setting you are using? and for those who are using postpaid lines as well, once i revert the settings. thank you guys.

heard this forum 5 years back, i know this is specifically made for filipino apple users, so i registered right away. more power to yall!

6. katrinahsi

katrinahsi Member

Postpaid APN: internet.globe.com.ph
    Prepaid APN: http.globe.com.ph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

Re: Globe Post- and Prepaid Settings for iPhone 4s

iba ba talaga speed ng data on postpaid and prepaid? both Globe and SUN has slower data speed if prepaid?
    anyone tried?

8. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

OT, to answer DON2003's Q:

GLOBE:

Yup, slower prepaid tried and tested. For Globe, max is 3.6mbps and cap of 800mb/day if on time based powersurf and unli supersurf.

Postpaid is faster at rated max of 7.2mbps and no capping on any time based surfing promos (even torrents**)

**HSPA+ sites, though incorporates newer bandwith shaping measures that slows down torrent downloads. I sometimes get HSPA+ signal and while its fast, I can't do any P2P off it (globe postpaid sim on unlocked modem)

VPN: is a no-go but sites like unblock-us that uses DNS to fool netflix still works great.

For sun:

Prepaid is significantly slower with facebook and other social sites rated at usable speeds only (12KB/s or 100kbps -- tested using data monitoring app on my mac using unlocked modem with sun prepaid sim and prepaid APN) Also, prepaid users are generally throttled to 768kbps download speed from the start wether you're on unlimited 1 day or not. You do get 768kbps speeds but only for non popular sites. Youtube and Facebook generally sucks.

For postpaid: you can get 2mbps for the first hundred or two megabytes but you're thrown down to ~600kbps after "too much" usage BUT your facebook and youtube streams still loads at ~600kbps so its great for social and email purposes.

BOTH doesn't allow torrents from 6AM to 2AM the next day though (when tethering).

VPN is a hit or miss and sites like unblock-us doesn't work.

9. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

Sun has different postpaid and prepaid APNs?

10. rdy0329

Nope but i begin to ponder why and how they can differentiate the two... Maybe because postpaid have 09228 and 09328 prefix? What my point was based solely on my experience. YMMV.

11. jlaloon

jlaloon Member

Re: Re: Globe Post- and Prepaid Settings for iPhone 4s

its the with the apn configuration that handles data speed limit.. :)

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

12. darrelvalencia

Need help, since ngayon ko lang napansin na hindi ko mashare connection ko (Personal Hotspot) , im using 5.1.1 and my last Personal Hotspot sharing is ios4 , hindi sya madetect ng kahit ano (computer,ipad etc) my APN setting for iphone is internet.globe.com.ph (postpaid) i tried changing it to http.globe.com.ph and it works nadedetect sya at nakaka konek ako,

kaso im worried na baka ma charge ako for using the prepaid APN, Help, thanks

Busy Globe CS and i ask na din sila sa twitter pero hindi pa reply, thanks

13. rdy0329

I swear, when I use a postpaid sim with minternet, speeds are fast but with prepaid sim with minternet apn, the speed are second rate. But i do agree that Sun handles it differently with fbband apn with fast for the first 200mb then slow for the rest of the day.

14. rdy0329

Are you on prepaid or postpaid? I have personal hotspot on my prepaid globe with http.globe.com.ph apn. I'm not sure whats wrong with yours.

15. darrelvalencia

im on postpaid.

internet.globe.com.ph pero hindi sya madetect ng mbp ko or any other gadgets sa loob ng bahay.

i tried changing to prepaid setting lang yours. then nadetect xa and worked. kaso stop ko na kasi baka macharge ako for the connection. naun ko lang napansin to since (ios4 last gamit ko hotspot) na hindi sya gumagana after updating to ios 5

16. polyx

polyx Member

Where did you get your iPhone? what specific IOS version? is your iphone J/B?

17. darrelvalencia

got it from globe trinoma, everything works flawless when i bought it (ios4) im now running ios5.1.1 , and yes im JBroken, since i JBreak my phone since all the ios update it works perfect (personal hotspot). since upgrading to ios5 my Personal Hotspot will not be detected by others. and my sister also has a 4s not jbroken and also her Personal Hotspot cant be detected also. dont know why. maybe its a bug on ios 5 software.

anyone experiencing this on ios5??

18. ikitub

ikitub Active Member

just wait for it and try turning it on and off. my hotspot on new ipad using globe is like that also. no problem on my iPhone 4s using hotspot.

19. darrelvalencia

tried waiting dor it turning off and on. then wifi bluetooth on and off etc. i tried everything and search the net. many are experiencing this problem. maybe ill just restore my iphone again and tried it on unjailbreak iphone. if no avail ill just wait for ios6. thanks

Added: if i change my APN to prepaid setting will you think ill be charge? coz its working on a prepaid setting. thanks again

20. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

I suspect the JB is the culprit. If you don't mind, try to restore your OS.