Globe Cellular Data Network Configuration

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by galaceuriel, Apr 7, 2009.

1. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

^Apologies for the obvious question, but are you subscribed to a cellular data service?

2. m3ta1he4d

m3ta1he4d Member

you can connect to the internet with or without using 3g. just make sure that the field entries are correct on the network settings. :)

3. bayum

bayum Member

how do you do this sir? :D

4. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

^I believe that he's referring to connection via EDGE.

5. Eidekos

Eidekos Member

i always turned it off. also i add xxx at the end of globe site name to make sure hehe

6. loudsound

loudsound Well-Known Member

Good thing there's a thread about this here in PhilMUG. I'm having problems setting up my mobile connection. I have a Globe prepaid sim which was just cut and not an issued microsim. It's an old mobile number so I intend to use it too on my iPhone 4S.

I already used http.globe.com.ph in the APN and subscribe to POWERSURF15. I called Globe last night and right now I still can't connect via 3G. Well, they suggested that I get a microsim from them.

Questions
    1. If I get a microsim can I still retain my current mobile number?
    2. Will getting a microsim fix my problem?
    3. I noticed that someone registered SUPERSURF50. Is this the required service that I should register to instead of just POWERSURF15?

I'd like to try some options first before I get the microsim from Globe. TIA

7. Colossus1973

Colossus1973 Active Member

Westchester County, Salem Center, New York
    I hope you don't mind if I'm only able to answer one of your questions. Yes you can still retain your old mobile number if you het a microsim from Globe.

8. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Powersurf and Supersurf are different.

Powersurf = consumable internet
    Powersurf15 = 1-hour accumulated use, valid for 24 hrs
    Powersurf30 = 3-hour accumulated use, also valid for 24 hrs
    Powersurf50 = 5-hour accumulated use, valid for 3 days? (forgot if it's 3 or 5)

Supersurf is unlimited use for a certain time. P 50 would give you unli internet for 24 hours.

Anyway, just text powersurf/supersurf info to 8888 for more details ;)

9. loudsound

loudsound Well-Known Member

got it working already after posting my question. i think the call i made to globe last night helped. the apn http.globe.com.ph still works.

10. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here I cant use the APN http.globe.com.ph when trying mobile internet with my phone. But when using the old globe APN www.globe.com.ph I can connect and even get 3G signal.

I wonder if changing my sim would have it working with the http.globe.com.ph APN.

11. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

iPhone4 3G settings for Globe prepaid HELP

Hi,

a friend of mine bought an iphone4 at Topnet megamall.

she cant access the internet using 3G. theres this error "You are not subscribed to a cellular data service".

she has her enable 3G and cellular data fields set to on.

are there settings we should have set but missed??? thanks philmug!!!

12. yehey9

Supporter

Re: iPhone4 3G settings for Globe prepaid HELP

We tried switching a globe postpaid(locked) iPhone4 and postpaid microsim (with working 3G) and my friends factory unlocked iPhone4 and prepaid microsim (non-working 3G).

we were able to access the internet using 3G of the factory unlocked iPhone4 and the postpaid microsim.

but no luck in using the internet using 3G on the Globe locked iP4 and prepaid microsim.

so, is it the microsim whos faulty or its just the settings on the phone?
    Is there a different setting for prepaid and postpaid iPhone4?

Thanks for any help.. :D

13. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

What's your APN when using the prepaid sim? It should be http.globe.com.ph not internet.globe.com.ph

14. yehey9

Supporter

its http.globe.com.ph.. we also tried using "globe" as username and password instead of leaving it blank, nothing still..

15. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

try to reset settings, settings>general>network>cellular data network, scroll down and hit the reset settings, restart the phone and key in APN again, http.globe.com.ph

hope this helps

16. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member Supporter

wait, wait--is your friend indeed NOT subscribed to a cellular data service? i don't see how the settings will work if your friend isn't on a data plan in the first place. (or maybe i just understood this wrongly.)

17. yehey9

Supporter

@bhoyet: will try your suggestion later. thanks! :D

@penmanila: apologies, i dont understand.. how can she subscribe to a cellular data service/ data plan? she is using a prepaid microsim. does she need to register onto something to have a cellular data service? Thanks sir!

EDIT:

after googling again, i found this thread, http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=48080&page=3
    never knew it existed, i was trying to search for it before i created this thread, but i guess im looking at the wrong category..
    sir badboy also asked if that person is subscribed to a cellular data service.. so this might be it, so how to subscribe to a cellular data service?? thanks guys! :D

#37 yehey9, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  18. indygo

indygo Member

How to get data plan on prepaid:
    http://surf.globe.com.ph/plan/powersurf-prepaid

But wait, I also bought an openline unit from Topnet and it can't access the internet whatever I do that I ended up reselling the unit at a loss. They are nice and friendly while you're purchasing, but the exact opposite when unit gets problems. The manager told me to complain to DTI if I have problems.

19. yehey9

Supporter

thanks indygo!

i said your suggestion to her that she might need to register to powersurf before she can connect to the internet..

but she said that her internet is not working, that she cant even browse Globe's homepage (even if it is free to browse there) because the error keeps on showing up..

she also said that even if it is not registered to powersurf, it should connect to the internet because the default charge is to connect to the internet with per minute charge to her prepaid load.. Thanks!

oh really? it happened to you also at topnet? actually the first unit that my friend got has a defect also, the light of the camera flash doesnt turn off.. so she went there for a replacement. even the first phone cant connect to the internet via 3g.

20. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

It might be that the prepaid number is so old that there's really no mobile internet feature in it like those certain numbers that's already in use since the late 90s.