Globe Business

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Adarna, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Globe Platinum subs tend to be business owners and as such may be better served using Globe Business instead

I transitioned from Globe Platinum to Globe Business for the following reasons

* BIR will not allow me to expense out the personal Globe Platinium accounts as a business expense.
    * I do not "feel" or use the Globe Platinum perks.
    * Globe Platinum personnel lied for a few months to me about Airboost requirement of needing to pair it with a Globe Fiber account .
    * I have been paying a MSF of P3,799 with total surcharge of P4,500+ per account since the mid 90s even if we fully paid for the handsets years ago.

Globe took nearly a year to update my plan category and MSF. After following up so many times with spreadsheet breakdowns as supporting document on how they overcharged me due to their neglect they ended up all my overpayments as prepayments. As a result I didn't need to pay anything for about a year.

So why did I stick to Globe after all these headaches? Because over 80% of my contacts are on their network. It would be cost more to go to Smart and my contacts would spend more when they contact me.

The SIM-only plan I transitioned to 3 years ago was ThePlan 599 (MSF 599/month) with the following inclusions

* Unlimited text to all domestic networks
    * Unlimited calls to Globe/TM/one landline area code
    * Free 3GB of data with P1,000 bill protect for 24 months.
    * Consumable of P200/month for 24 months
    * Free phone after 6 months (which turned out to be false advertising)
    * Contract length is 6 months. If you want rebates for a cheaper MSF you will need to extend to 24 months.

This would be a contest of P3,799/month for limited SMS, calls & data vs P599/month for unlimited SMS, calls & 3GB of data . Tough choice, eh? 85% decrease...

Once the data has lapsed I am now moving to another SIM-only plan called ThePlan 999 (MSF 999/month)

* Unlimited text to all domestic networks
    * Unlimited calls to Globe/TM
    * 8GB of data with P1,500 bill protect for 24 months.
    * Consumable of P500/month for 24 months
    * Free 1GB of Instagram data for 24 months. (ad states Gmail but you can request a switch)
    * Contract length is 6 months. If you want rebates for a cheaper MSF you will need to extend to 24 months.

I included an additional 199/month for "Globe Duo" for unlimited calls to one landline area code.

I would not have transitioned to ThePlan 999 if Apple allowed for a Siri Shortcut for SMS. I would had made a shortcut that would text "GS50" to 8080 every 72 hours then "GS50 IG" to 8080 every 72 hours so my data would be 30GB every 30 days & 3GB of Instagram every 30 days at P500.

This would be a contest of P1,199/month for 8GB of data vs P1,099/month for 30GB of data & 3GB of Instagram. Tough choice, eh? Only variable cost would be calls to other domestic networks and area codes and international SMS and calls.

I would be willing to pay extra for cellular data network priority to keep me on LTE at over 15Mbps all the time while other people crawl at Edge.

#1 Adarna, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Netskipper and Don Pao like this.
  2. xtine

xtine Active Member

I think I was on the same plan (599 MSF) although the unlimited text to other networks was only good for 6 months.

This was the plan I was on:

[​IMG]

I mistakenly assumed the 3GB inclusion was for the duration of however long I stayed on that plan since there was nothing in the ads to indicate that the offer was for a limited time only. Instead, I found at the end of 24 months that I no longer had data and was paying P599 a month for unlimited text & calls to Globe and local landlines only. I didn't get the free phone promised on the 13th month either.

I switched to Plan Zero for a while but eventually took Globe's offer of Plan 299 with unlimited calls and texts to Globe/TM and use a prepaid sim on a separate pocket wifi device for data.

Prepaid users actually get the best deals from Globe. The only thing that's preventing me from switching is my sentimental attachment to my number that I've had for about 20 years.

Adarna likes this.
  3. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Your description is more accurate. Kindly cross-reference to his post as I cannot edit mine anymore.

In the Statement of Account it is stated that the Freebie of 3GB with a value of 299/month is good for a duration of 24 months.

When that expired 299 value was halved to 1.5GB of data. 4GB would be double that at 599.

Globe & Smart should offer unlimited 2G data for all with the caveat that if you want a fast connection it is limited to certain GB of data and certain times of the day.

4. xtine

xtine Active Member

^ Sorry, I don't get what you mean about cross referencing to whose post.

When my 24 months were up, I ended up with zero gb, not even half. If I remember correctly I was offered the new plan 599 which did include 1.5gb but no more duo. I had to let go of my duo number which I had been using happily for the past two years. Thankfully not a lot of people had that number so it wasn't that much of a hassle of informing people that they couldn't reach me on that number anymore, just the inconvenience on my part of having to pay per-minute charges for making landline calls again.

I now have data turned off on my iPhone but I still get charged P5 to P20 a month for mobile data. It's not a lot of money but it does add up. I considered having data disabled altogether for my number but you never know when you'll need it so I'm keeping it enabled for now. I could call every month to contest the charges but so much trouble and stress for P20 so I just pay my bill and let it go.

5. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

Curious as to how to get Globe Duo for P199/month. I am a postpaid user and I can't seem to find that option (Its usually at P450/month). Thank you!

6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

7. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

cross reference = the inclusions and limitations of the 599 plan you were on was what I was on. I don't text more than 100x to other networks so didn't really consider having text to all networks continued.

If you were to maintain the old 599 plan now you will need to get get the GoSurf 299 add on. That add on 3 years ago was 3GB of data but today it is 1.5GB.

Text SURFALERT ON to 8080 for free to prevent the 5-20/month data charges. That's what I did to prevent unintended use.

8. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Globe Business (not Personal) has it for 199/month.

[​IMG]

The Plan 999 (personal) has inclusions that are missing in the business SIM-only plan and these are...
    • DisneyLife (6 months subscription; no data included)
    • Amazon Prime Video with Twitch Prime (6 months subscription; no data included)
    • Spotify Premium (1GB allocation per month for 3 months)

I always wondered... what is the point of consumables? You're essentially prepaying expenses that you may not use.

#8 Adarna, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Sunil_K likes this.