Globe Broadband service

Discussion in 'General OT' started by ronmtorres, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Member

Hi Guys,

I have Globe Broadband (3Mbps) as my ISP. SInce Ondoy, I have not gotten back my internet connection. I live in Cainta, btw. Anyone having a similar experience?

Globe guaranteed though that internet should be back next week.

2. paparazzi

paparazzi Well-Known Member

Same here. They said they'd fix it first week of November. Crappy. Really.

3. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Member

hehehe. they told me second week of November last time. I called them up this morning and told me the same. I asked if this schedule is guaranteed. they said yes. badly need internet at home!

4. angstly

angstly Member

I also live in Cainta and I was in the same situation before. Fortunately, I got my connection back last Friday.

The shocking thing was they still charged me the bill even though I have no connection during the entire billing period. I called their hotline and they said that they'll adjust it. What pissed me off was that they should have done it automatically.

Ang bagal mag-restore ng service pero ang bilis maningil.

5. paparazzi

Ang kapal ng mukha ng mga loko. The week after Ondoy I was already on their case about getting the service back. And they could not give me any timetable as to when to expect it.

Then the guy said "Ginagawa na po namin ang lahat ng makakaya namin..." And in a whiff of rage I said "HINDI NYO GINAGAWA LAHAT NG MAKAKAYA NIYO. If that were true you would ask someone from your so-called 'support group' right now for a timetable."

And countless time I have asked someone from their support group to call me and give me a timetable and it never happened...

Then there was this prick on their customer service team. I asked for a contact number for their support group because I wanted to get an explanation of what's taking the repair process more than a month to complete. He told me to dial 171 and press 1 and follow the voice prompts. Sabi ko "That's PLDT's hotline not yours." And he kept on insisting that I just dial 171.

#5 paparazzi, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  6. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

I think he just forgot to tell you to dial 171 on a globelines phone.

7. ssowy

ssowy Member

You can get a rebate from Globe Broadband for the days that you didn't get any service.

8. paparazzi

So that's what I think he was trying to say... but then I asked: How am I supposed to do that when the only Globe landline I have isn't working? And he just insisted that I dial 171.

9. angstly

angstly Member

Yes, this is expected. However, they should have automatically applied the rebate to the bill. I was so pissed off to receive a bill for the whole month that I had no internet connection. Ang kapal ng mukha!

10. torpedo1110

torpedo1110 Member

Vista Verde Cainta here. Still no internet and landline since Ondoy. Tried calling them a couple of times already, but it didn't get anywhere. :(

11. aldwin

aldwin Member

i just got my bill, and i saw that they only deducted 700 from last month's bill, and they are still charging me 1200++.

i immediately called CS because I only had internet for two days within the last month's bill period.

they said they will get back to me on this matter. if only i had another option for high speed internet in our area *sigh*

12. codename_ethan

With my experience with Globe, it's useless if you transact with their customer service. Expect to deal with nothing but crap when you call their hotline. I suggest that you do business instead with Globe business centers, if there's one near you. Mas mabilis ang action, siguro dahil harap-harapan mo kausap yung rep nila.

Just my two cents..

13. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Member

my internet just got back last night. actually, i asked about the billing thing. they'll continue to bill you for the days when you did not have internet until you get your connection back. after you get it back, that's the time they will compute for your rebate. sucks, really, if you ask me. but other than not having internet connection after Ondoy, I've been happy with them.

A lot better (and cheaper) than the PLDT DSL I used to have.

14. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Member

torpedo, i live in Village East. I had internet back last night. If you still do not have now, maybe you'll get it back very very soon. Hoping for the best for you!

15. paparazzi

I had enough already. Went to have my landline and DSL service terminated today. Globe just lost me as a customer. Two months after Ondoy and still no landline and DSL service.

16. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Member

wow, so sorry to hear that. my globe internet still has some quirks, but i'll live with it. hope you get a good deal from your next ISP.

17. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Is the Globe Broadband service that bad?

We are planning to shift to Globe Broadband from PLDT, which sucks big time.. We would have wanted to shift to Sky but their technician told us that there is not connection near our office.

18. twonavels

twonavels Member

\\

Depends in your area, I think. If you're in Mandaluyong, stay away from Globe.

19. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Is it for business or residential?

20. panis

panis Well-Known Member

@twonavels
    @ pctan1584

it's an office, an online news magazine, and we connect around 4 to 5 computers. it"s in the kamuning area