Globe Broadband No Call Feature?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Surfiber, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Surfiber

Surfiber New Member

hi guys,

it's 11:25pm and i'm still at the globe business center here at trinoma.

the sale/service rep offered a new globe broadband tattoo USB device with their vaunted new call feature--- saying it enables you to make calls straight from your laptop (provided you plug in a headset).

to check compatibility with my macbook, they installed a previous model with no call feature, the internet connection worked ok so i went ahead with the purchase.

they handed me the new box after payment, and i promptly dragged the installed globe broadband app to the trashbox to make room for the new one with call feature.

upon installation of the new model, lo & behold, still no call feature. i uninstalled & reinstalled 2 more times, no dice.

i suggested to the guy to install the gizmo on their windows laptop, lo & behold the call feature was in it.

upon seeing it working on their laptop, he said the new version probably doesn't work on macs.

any idea how to fix this glitch ? anyone from globe who can get this call feature working ?

appreciate all the help i can get. thanks

#1 Surfiber, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. boggs

boggs Member

Had the same problem, i thought the call feature would work on Macs. Just upgraded the firmware of my USB modem. Works in XP, doesn't work in OSX.

3. Bluewire

Bluewire Member

I have noticed it too in my Mac. I guess the software is not currently supported. Will wait for the next update...Wen ka ya yun?