Globe Bill Concerns

Discussion in 'Archives' started by lomster, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lomster

lomster Member

Hi,

Anyone here on postpaid plan that was charged with an insane internet fee?

i am using my iphone to surf the net but only through wifi in the office or at home. I only use 3G browsing when i cannot find a free wifi hotspot which seldom happens.

my APN has been modified to "internet.globe.com" on my cellular data settings which should make it impossible for me to be charged for internet browsing through globe network

here's my situation:

I've just been charged PHP7,068.56 on internet along when i inquired for my unbilled charges.

the funny thing is, my cut of date was on the 23rd of October. That would mean that i have been charged PHP7000 for 6days of usage? I also set up my internet browsing for time and not kb which again would make it impossible to reach this amount since multiplying the days of use would only cost me around PHP3360 if i am on time browsing.

any of you guys encountered this issue?

thanks

#1 lomster, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  2. primo1

primo1 Member

3. MacNotApple

MacNotApple Member

Have you seen your actual monthly bill of you just checked via PLAN UNBILLED to 2312?

If you just texted for your UNBILLED charges, it's not accurate. There have been a number of complaints about insanely high bills (like the last few posts on the topic primo1 posted above) as well as chuvaness http://chuvaness.livejournal.com/718717.html and http://chuvaness.livejournal.com/719715.html

4. HeaRty

HeaRty Member

I'm one of those charged with outrageous gprs fee.

5. dep28

dep28 Active Member

another case of globe swindling a customer...nakakadami na sila ah

6. kinetic88

kinetic88 Member

I too have been charged 5t plus for internet browsing thru Globe network but my APN is set to internet.globe.com.p I complained about this 2 months ago and the customer service in Globe Greenhills said that she will post my complaint and that someone from Globe will contact me. 2 months later, no one from Globe has contacted me. And upon receiving my bill, no adjustments have been made. I would also receive automated text messages from Globe to settle my bill to avoid getting disconnected. 3 Days ago I called Globe's customer service thru 211 this time and can you believe it? They couldn't find any posts regarding my complaint. How exasperating! So once again I've to report my concern but this time demanded for a record number. Customer service said that someone from Globe will contact me within 3 days. It's been 3 days now and again no one from Globe has contacted me. Lousy service. But it's not like i have a lot of other choices out there. I guess this is as good as it gets.

7. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

I'll just include my classmate's mom,

She just paid 11k for just browsing/Streaming 2hrs in YouTube

8. ricpac

ricpac Active Member

Wow! Just wow. I hope this'll stop sooner.

9. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

+1 here. Been a victim of Globe just last month. We should make a roll call, I guess.. Globe, why are you swindling your customers?

10. ckyboy

ckyboy Member

another 1 here. unsettled bill because of charges from surfing a couple of minutes.

11. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member
    Supporter

+1 here. Applied for the mobile surfing MB plan but they said what was activated was TIME. They want me to pay for the TIME based and MB plan for my first month.

12. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Maybe there's a bug in the system there. Maybe someone should do something similar to the SMS expiration law that passed a while back, get the telcos to own up and fix their billing system.

13. jayj_23

jayj_23 Member

im a victim too. but i had it taken out. you can do that and demand to clear that charges.
    its bullsh*t that they charge us that high. sabi ko with that amount i can get the fastest internet one can buy. napakabagal pa nmn ng internet ng globe OA na tlga sila.
    DO NOT PAY them, kaya ayaw nila lagyan ng unlimited e kasi fast money for them ito pero this is not right anymore.
    i had mine 2x ko pinatanggal. one amounting to 1400, the other 1k.

14. dep28

dep28 Active Member

not related to insane internet charges but related to Globe's lousy customer service:

found out that my outstanding balance for the latest billing period is due this Monday, November 2. Problem is I have not received my billing statement from them. Called up their customer hotline and she said that they'll just send another copy which should be with me in 7 days. Here's the kicker though, even without a billing statement, they don't want to move my cut-off date. A move of the cut-off still has to be approved, and get this, I have to be the one to call them! Egad! The nerve of that company. I pray that karma swiftly doles out divine justice for us maligned loyal and reasonable customers

Though I already know how much I need to pay (through their hotline) it infuriates me that they refuse to be flexible even if the fault is all theirs. Ugh.

*end of rant*

15. v8designstudio

For a while, i remembered you can get money, and lots of it, even if you don't have a dime, just by being cronies of presidents.

These days, the rip-offs are really just openly ripping you off.

Ayala's ripping off the republic via unsuspecting and LOYAL CUSTOMERS?
    Man! I can't believe it.

16. dep28

dep28 Active Member

i think it's not really the Ayala's per se but the people running their companies for them :(

i mean, i know of a high ranking official of theirs that is probably one of the most vile persons ever :(

17. jbf_777

jbf_777 Member

^you can get naman statement of account online. wala pa hassle. wala pa waste of paper pag-print nila ng another statement. just my thought. :)

18. dep28

dep28 Active Member

^agree and that's what i usually do. i just like having the actual billing statement with me for filing and reconciling purposes before i pay for anything. though the fact that it's delayed bugs me, what's riling me up and unacceptable in my book is that they don't own up to their lapses/mistakes and expect customers to just give them their money w/out hesitation...

19. pogz

pogz Member

I think its good to save the messages that you have successfully shifted from KB to TIME since if they asked a proof that you indeed switched to TIME and it did not reflect.. then you went on to use youtube or something and incurred humongous charges, you could get back at them with that proof.

Ive left my data connection accidentally while I was out of town butu good thing im on TIME

ive tried if it would be sustainable to use push and KB on a prepaid.. guess what, 50 pesos worth of load sync pa lang yata ng calendar ko at got some email.. boom ubos na kaagad. whatta rip off.

buti pa sa states, reasonable yung charges nila sa data. dapat kasi may unlimited data plans nalang eh. :|

20. misispb

misispb New Member

my very first post and a complain!
    Globe's been overcharging me for Internet/GPRS charges for my last 2 bills. For my Sept Bill, the reversed the amount I was contesting. For my October bill, i just found out yesterday that they also adjusted the amount i was complaining about for the new bill. But today, i got another text from 290 informing me of my unbilled charges of 2800++ for the first 7 days after my cut off, and 2400++ are internet charges!. I called them (again) and begged them to fix this glitch unless they want to hear from customers like me complaining and complaining almost every month! It may be a system error but i think its high time someone actually resolve this. Calling the hotline is a complete waste of time and a waste of energy (because im always mad when i call them :))

im not using an Iphone, but a blackberry javelin. yet whatever you guys are experiencing, is happening to me too, so it must really be their system's glitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.