Globe and Spam messages

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by raze94, Apr 7, 2016.

1. raze94

raze94 Member

My brother just got a brand new number and right when he turned on his phone he got a spam message. Is Globe distributing our numbers for profit? IMHO, yes! I have a friend that used to work for Ayala Land and he told me that numbers of subscribers would go through his department for the sales team to contact. Shame on you Globe!

2. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

If it was a new number, it would've been a while before he gets some spam. My guess would be that the number he got was actually recycled and the number was already being spammed before. Or his number starts with 0917. Trust me, every spammer has that number range on lockdown.

To reduce my spam messages, I had to request for a change of number to something that doesn't start with 0917. A Globe CS recommended that to me when I complained about the enormous amount of spam messages I was receiving on my old number. I'm still getting a couple (around 3-5 a month, I guess?), but that's nothing compared to the twice-a-day ordeal with my old number.

3. raze94

raze94 Member

His number starts with 0977

4. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

When i had my number changed, believe it or not i was receiving sms for the previous owner. What was scary, i was getting all sms notifications from her bank, sss, credit card companies and even meralco. What made it worst was i found out the name of the previous owner plus her previous account details from globe since i was receiving notifications about her postpaid account. I had this escalated with globe. Took them a while to correct this.

5. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup same thing happened with our company. We got 3 new lines with Globe for our sales people. Upon inserting the sim & switching on the phone for the first time, spam messages went in.

6. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

indeed, globe recycled post paid numbers, i had to change my mom's number few years back because she received messages came from goons and bad people. scary through.

7. s2pid_kid

s2pid_kid Member

Just report the spam text on their website, but not really sure if they do block them or not. I still do get some spam texts that are annoying like fault charges or pasa load. Most of the spam text are property investment or cash loans which I don't get to reply or interested in.

8. raze94

raze94 Member

The problem is they get revenue from sharing subscribers information and revenue from Spammers sending out messages. I dont think they they will take an active approach to stop spam messaging. Im sure they can easily see what number are sending hundreds if not thousand of messages a day. If they really wanted to stop spamming they could investigate and automatically block those numbers. As a service provider they should take an active approach in providing better service! Im sure a lot of us has had bad experiences with Globe. Honestly I dont have the time to list them all down here but that clearly shows how they value their customers.

nutcracker likes this.
  9. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

Globe also recycles landline numbers. Had one cut off because of calls from collection agencies the previous subsciber owes money or whatever else to. Had instances when the calls happened late at night and very early in the morning. There was even a time when my daughter (then 11 years old) answered a call from an irate person of a collection agency and harassed her way to find the previous subscriber. My daughter was stunned with the words and manner the bitch spoke and demanded we put her target on the phone.

We filed a complaint with globe's customer service (if it can be even called that way) but as expected its just business as usual for them and they don't give a $h!t about these concerns saying its all system generated crap. So we just ended up having the line cut along with other globe mobile subsciption we had.

So yeah, that's how clearly globe shows how they value their PAYING customers.

Fervish likes this.
  10. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

had a very similar situation. But mine was resolved to my liking. Grabe talaga sila when it comes to recycling numbers. instant.

makintosh likes this.
  11. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

my wifes' phone number got recycled in like 2 months? grabe! she got cut without globe informing her. as in :(

12. raze94

raze94 Member

There was a time Globe had somewhat of an active role in this forum. I tried contacting one of their reps here but she no longer replies. Calling them for any type of service is an excruciating experience.

13. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

I get an average of 4 to 5 spam messages a day from my globe numbers. I also receive a few for my Sun phone. I guess that means all telcos do it. (?)

14. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

My daughter's previous Globe # was recycled, too. She was getting reminders to pay credit card bills, etc. We had it changed, now 0977. No such messages so far.

15. raze94

raze94 Member

Its not only the 0917 numbers that are getting recycled the Duo numbers are too. My wife frequently gets calls thinking they are calling a laundry shop.

16. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

What's Comelec's stand on campaigning through text spam? I'm getting a lot of these lately. I even got a text from Sonny Jaworski himself (lol)

17. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

a friend showed me a text message he got:

"hay po pasensya po sa destorbo ako po se richard capol taga sitio cita san fernando bukidnon nag tex po ako sa enyo at nag babakasakaleng matolongan mo kame dahel po sa nakoha ne lolong ginto sa tabeng ilog sa may kweba anim na bars at dalawang buddha mabebegat po lahat tapos kolaw delaw at may manga nakatatak pong sulat at nomero kong matolongan mo po kame bebegyan ka namen nang regalo esang bar na ginto hanggang deto nalang po tawag lang po kayo kong enteresado po kayong tolongan kame salamat godbles."​

now *that* is gold. :D

courtside3 likes this.
  18. courtside3

courtside3 PhilMUG Addict Member

IIRC, all telcos bring mobile and landline numbers back in circulation after six months of inactivity.

19. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

There isnt an infinite number of telephone numbers so it is normal to recycle them.

When I got my number I patterned it after my landline and got spam from Cagayan Valley.

A lot of real estate garbage for jeje developments.

Sometimes the j3j3 friends call and I just give them a very es-slang accent to scare them off.

20. b0gni

b0gni Member

Last week i received this text message from Globe_myBiz: "myWebsite KAMO NGA MGA TIGULANG MAG RETIRE NA KAMO :)" A few hours later, GLOBE sent a message asking me to disregard the earlier (Globe_myBiz) message and that they're investigating the matter.

I found the whole incident weird, yet funny.

Out of curiosity, can anyone translate the Globe_myBiz message? I'm guessing it's either in Ilonggo or Cebuano.