Get Album Artwork and Lyrics

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by i-pplelover, Mar 24, 2010.

1. i-pplelover

i-pplelover Member

I’ve been searching the internet since last night and cannot find any applications on how to get album artwork and lyrics for iTunes.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

2. jum0ng

jum0ng Member

Searching for Album Artworks, either searching on googles, amazon.com or searching at .... http://albumart.org/ (for amazon.com also specifically for album artworks search only)

Getting Lyrics I'm using a free applications called "Get Lyrical" version 3.6 by Shullian Productions, LLC. .... http://shullian.com/get_lyrical.php It will automatically search the lyrics of the song that is currently playing on the iTunes. Or by single or group selection on the iTunes. If it doesn't works sometimes I'll search the lyrics on the web.

3. noelgarcia

noelgarcia Member

i'm using TunesArt for the lyrics it automatically adds lyrics to your song and Artwork Gofer for the Album artwork.. hope this helps

4. i-pplelover

i-pplelover Member

Is it all freeware?

5. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

Gimmesometune

This works pretty well, but you need to make sure you have the right artist, song title and album information.

Although you might still have to search for some lyrics and album covers. Wikipedia works well for album covers and any of the many sites for lyrics work.

6. i-pplelover

i-pplelover Member

I already tried this app but I don't know how to use this. I mean, I can't find any lyrics or artwork using this app.

7. herbertdizon

herbertdizon Member

try coverscout and songgenie @ equinux

8. essay

essay Active Member

plus one for coverscout! works well for me. (not free though.)

9. albert69

albert69 Member

10. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

i do it manually...google for album art and copy paste

11. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

I Google-Image the album covers, save it on Downloads or Desktop. Then on iTunes, I right-click the songs in the same album, Get Info, and lastly drag-and-drop their respective album cover image to album cover slot in the Get Info...

It took me a day, three years ago, to put album artworks to all my 2,000++ songs, but it's all worth it. ;) And to consider that I've had an iPod Classic, two iPod Touches, two iPod Nanos, and two iPhones for the last three years, it's really really worth it. ;)

12. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i used amazon.com to get an album art

13. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

^ Same here. Almost everything is there except for most OPM albums.

14. i-pplelover

i-pplelover Member

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

15. dep28

dep28 Active Member

i use album artwork assistant

got it from either macupdate or versiontracker.

it's great because it automatically searches for the artwork and with the click of a button, it's assigned to your selected tracks.

16. JohannChua

JohannChua Active Member

Fetch Art for iTunes. Works with Tiger; most of the other apps need Leopard.

17. rg0nzales

rg0nzales Member

With an iTunes Store account (US), you can get almost all the album artwork from within iTunes. For those that iTunes cannot provide, there's always Google Image. Get Lyrical (free) for the lyrics. DesktopLyrics if you want the lyrics on your desktop while you play the song.

18. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

TunesText is a widget that fetch lyrics and place them on your item in iTunes automatically. Although some items won't have available lyrics, you can search it manually over the net.

Album artwork can be found anywhere over the net. I'm so keen about the quality of the artwork so I look for them manually using search engines.

19. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

I'm using Fetchart, but how do I get it to work, it should appear when you right click a particular song/track right? mine does not appear? hope you can go over us. Thanks a lot.

20. JohannChua

JohannChua Active Member

You select one or more tracks in iTunes, then select the Fetch Art script from the iTunes script menu. The script menu should be between Window and Help after installing Fetch Art. Since each query is encrypted, it could taker a while if you select more than three tracks. Cover CDs from UK music mags have been giving me the most challenge; at best I'll find cover art for the individual songs, but not the compilation. since it was a very limited release. Apparently iTunes saves separate cover art for each song, though only one gets used per album in Cover Flow mode. Oh, and you can choose between the different Amazon sites as the source of cover art (.com, .uk, .jp, etc.), though .com usually gives the best results.

The other apps are probably easier to use, but I'll wait till getting a new Mac to upgrade the OS.