Gaming Equips: Logitech, Razer, and SteelSeries

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Jerson R, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

Which among the three brands do you game with? I have been looking for a good setup for my gaming pc, and i want to try SteelSeries but there seems to be no reseller here. Right now I'm leaning towards Logitech and Razer. =)

2. savadious

savadious Active Member

Logitech G-series keyboards with macros are a godsend for gaming...

You can even create 100% automatic bots using logitech keyboards and mice.

Best part is those tools by themselves dont violate TOS for big games like Warcraft and Starcraft...

They just say dont get carried away with macros to do things such as fully automatic play....

I prefer the 'gaming' myself ...but for making life a LOT easier - I have stuck to logitech - you can find a macro for almost every game pre-created on the internet...

Battle Options
    1. Meet a bad guy....
    2. Press your mouse a few times to shoot him and maybe win

with macros
    1. Meet a bad guy....
    2. Press a macro key to shoot him many times, throw a few grenades, change weapons, torch him and launch your ultimate attack...

All while still doing anything else you need to - its NICE ! Keyboard/Mouse Macros FTW !

3. triballistic

triballistic Member

I game with a Razer Orochi 'cause I'm almost always away from home. The difference in the mouse movement is very noticeable, and my hand doesn't cramp anymore.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm......although I'm using Razer pads, it is still not enough to do precision movements. Is there any better?

5. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

i've tried steel series, nothing special really. razer is still the best for gaming. next choice would be logitech. the only issue i have with razer is the poor technical support they have for the philippines. apart from that, it's a good product.

6. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

What Logitech mouse and keyboard do you use? =)

7. savadious

savadious Active Member

I have tried many in the past. At this time I use a Logitech G-15 v2 keyboard - mainly due to being available at ATC when I needed it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can create a new macro on the G-15 without ever leaving your game by using simple keystrokes.

I wanted to eat really fast and made a quick macro to use all of my weapons 1 at a time. Then set it to LOOP.

I autofollowed the guy in front of me and ran to eat... came back 5 minutes later and I was STILL KILLING BAD GUYS ! :D automatically.

Almost all gaming mice can do the same thing - So I think thats just finding one that feels best for you hand. After trying may others (and 1/2 the stock at CDRking) I settled for a sidewinder x5 - purely based on personal fit and comfort.
    [​IMG]

I use only the 2 thumb buttons for macros on the mouse but I still think all popular gaming mice can do basically the same thing.

Finding a perfect fit - can be hard...

#7 savadious, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  8. Drew4601

Drew4601 Member

im using:

microsoft sidewinder x6 keyboard
    razer deathadder mouse. the old 1800dpi version
    steelseries siberia fullsize headset.

i love the x6 for the volume knob
    the deathadder is comfy and it works. no complaints from me.
    with the headset, i can hear footsteps in counterstrike source and pretty much get a much better idea of my enemy's location.

9. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

[​IMG]

What about rantopads? Are they any good? =)

10. Drew4601

Drew4601 Member

theyre pretty good. i prefer them over razer mats.

11. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

Where do you buy Rantopads? Looks interesting.

12. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Foxcom in Gilmore has alot of rantopads.. I checked TPC and wow they're only php190. :D

13. blued888

blued888 Member

Anybody know where Steelseries QCK Mini's are readily in stock? I got mine from TipidPC but the seller seems to have ran out of stock. They have other models but the QCK Mini's size is what I need.

Are the P190 Rantopads of the same quality as the Steelseries QCK Mini?

14. mig

mig Active Member

Don't pick based on brand. The products are generally all at the same level anyway. The most important thing to do is to get a feel for the mouse or keyboard. Pick a mouse that suits the way you hold it and pick a keyboard that has good, responsive keys.

Also, find out what you'll need based on the games you play. General rule is that the more features, the more expensive it becomes. Its pointless to spend more money on a 10-button mouse if all you really need is 5.

15. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

What about Roccat? Ok ba yung brand na yun? =)

16. savadious

savadious Active Member

I think mig has a good idea. As long as that Roccat fits your hand well it can help you with gaming.

I tried a few brands that didnt fit correctly.

Buttons too close on some
    My finger always hit the housing on one not able to push teh button properly because of the way I hold my mouse...

2 little fingers almost on the mousepad..thumb on mousepad also.. and only 2 fingers on top...

Really hard to find a good fit for an abnormal gamer like that - :D

Hopefully they let you test it before you buy - so you know if it feel right....

17. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

Just got my logitech VX nano yesterday, and a ranto pad. I'm quite happy with them. I was going for a razer sana but budget doesn't permit. =)

18. byt_898

byt_898 Member

Logitech G25/G27

Hey Guys,

Care to share your experiences on logitech G27 racing wheel?

I'm contemplating to get one in conjuncture with Gran Turismo V PS3's release in November, do you think its well worth it considering the price is way above 12-13k?

Thanks!

19. sherwin

sherwin Member

Re: Logitech G25/G27

I've been using my g25 on gt5 prologue for the longest time. its awesome. Price is definitely well worth it. shifting feels less solid, but still useable though. (again, this is my experiences on the g25)

I suggest you buy now, as come gt5 everybody will be buying and it will be out of stock again in most stores.

*this is what happened during prologue, out of stock for 6 months, even in HK! (finally found one in hk though) but I had to hand carry it back to manila, which was really troublesome for me.

HTH

20. randyrivera

randyrivera Active Member

Re: Logitech G25/G27

my G25 is gathering dust at home because GT5 has been delayed and delayed for the longest time. In the meantime, i've been using it on my PC for Dirt and Grid for the past months while waiting for GT5.

Well, the G27 has minor upgrades, as in minor. If you get a good deal on a G25, then get it. But if the price difference is not substantial, get the g27.

Just a word of caution... be ready na mapuyat gabi gabi. hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.