Fuel Consumption: Hyundai Tucson 2007 Gas Variant vs CRDi

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Macmon, May 11, 2016.

1. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

Anyone in the community who is familiar with the Gas consumption of a Hyundai Tucson 2007 GAS variant as compared to the CRDi?
    A seller is of course selling a Gas variant and just like to hear from others regarding their experience or at least have seen regarding the 2L gas engine.
    I do a lot of City driving and not sure if this can reach to 8km/L (city) and 12km/L (hiway)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I have the 2009 Tucson gas 2.0L. I use up 7 km/L at best, city driving. Maybe 10 on expressways.

Macmon likes this.
  3. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

What is the worst case consumption sir? Does it go down to 5km/L especially with EDSA?

4. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Not that low naman. 6k/L would be worst case.

Macmon likes this.
  5. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

You'd have to factor in the expenses of pms in a diesel engine.

Macmon likes this.
  6. edric_the_dude

edric_the_dude Active Member

not sure about the price since I'm just looking at the diesel variant but if it is 200k or more, depends on how long you plan on using it.
    just think that 200k for maybe 3 years worth of gasoline is a lot especially if you are just going around the city.
    also as Kiko said, the PMS of a diesel engine is different from a gasoline powered engine. Gasoline engines are easier to maintain.

BTW, if you are looking to get a petrol engined CUV, try looking at the Mazda CX5 Maxx. I'd get that rather than the gas variant tucson

Macmon likes this.
  7. nivraarvin

nivraarvin Member

I agree. Gasoline engines are easier to maintain over diesel. After about 10 years, diesel engines will begin to have rough idle and be down on power. This will require you to have diesel calibration. Depending on what is needed to be replaced in the fuel system, this will cost about 20k-40k(I think).

Macmon likes this.