For ex-Windows user, what made you switch?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by banksxs, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Duke99

Duke99 New Member

its ecosystem is just crazy perfect & well optimized..

2. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

1. i was curious
    2. i admired the build quality of macbooks
    3. i want to code iOS apps someday
    4. portability (size and battery life)
    5. ecosystem (i already had an iPhone and an iPad, and i was impressed by the demo of the new Continuity features)

#822 mokmoki, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

It is just beautiful.

4. blaziiing

blaziiing Member

Sabi nila no virus daw eh. Hahahaha so there. Been an Apple user since 2009 :)

Things i've noticed with Mac:
    1) Mabilis.
    2) Hindi navavirus
    3) Hindi bumabagal ung performance even after almost 3 years of using it.
    4) Kahit luma na, maganda pa din itsura :))

5. ChampsÉlysées

The ecosystem and the beauty of a Mac computer.

6. majesta24

majesta24 Member

Not sure if i already answered here, but i guess a bit of an update.

The ecosystem just works (and i haven't really maximized it yet) and i get close to zero frustrations when using the devices.
    Had 0 times need to reformat my machine for years (2 years :p) since i switched.
    Free OS X updates (no need to buy when upgrading to major versions).

7. airmax32

airmax32 Member

i still use windows :) But use the mac for vidieo editing.

8. tidus1203

tidus1203 Member

The elegance of Mac hardware over anything from the PC space. Sony is probably the only one that could come close in terms of elegance, sadly Sony Vaio is defunct outside of Japan.

And I just hate the new Windows. I was still using Windows 7 even though 8 and 8.1 was already released...

9. mcometa

mcometa New Member

Mac = Work & Productivity
    Windows = Games and others

10. mhek

mhek New Member

No more support for XP. Don't like newer version of Windows OS.

11. redge

redge Member

Mac is unix base. More secure. Cheaper upgrade of os(compared to windows) then it became free. From my experience, the hardware last for 5years and its still fast!

12. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

I was currently thinking of "the switch".

I recently bought a second hand iPad 2 intended to help me for my studies, and fell it love with it. It was actually an iPad vs Android decision. Since I am tired of weak battery life of my Android phone, I thought maybe an iPad has better battery life vs. its Android counterpart - and yes it has, considering its size. Also, I find the sturdy feel of the iPad and update-ability of IOS very nice. That's why I'm thinking of gradually switching my gadgets from Android and windows to IOS/Mac.

Gradually.. because Apple products are very pricey and because it is hard to say goodbye to my beloved gadgets.

13. happosai

happosai Member

I switched to mac because I hate Windows8. And since I uses mac on my previous work before, I already have the experience with Mac OS8, OS9 and OSX. I bought the Macbook Pro 13" i7 model. Unfortunately, my macbook died right after the 1 yr warranty. I brought it back to the Apple Store, they say that the motherboard should be replaced. The cost of the motherboard is almost same as the cost of a new macbook air 11". So I decided to wait for the next refresh of the macbook pro and now is the time to buy a new one.

Right now I'm using my old Intel centrino duo laptop with Windows7 installed.

14. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

wow, it "just died", no external factors? huh... i guess that applecare extension is really worth the peace of mind?

my 15" rMBP is already half a year old, still thinking if I'll get Applecare or not, haha.

15. BLuEstrike

BLuEstrike Member

Been a long time Windows user...I even have certifications to boot...so much so that over the years i noticed that even you increase the specs, the performance jump is very minimal, not to mention security issues that pops out every now and then. So I decided to make the switch with much hesitation at first...but after just a few days, a realized that the saying "once you turn to Mac, you will never want to return back to Windows' is very very true...one very happy Mac user here :)

16. amboy

amboy Member

decided to give it a try and see if the hype is true.... :D

17. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Recently switched from Windows to Mac, got a 13" rMBP Early 2015, been using Windows all my life and this is my first mac. I switched to Mac primarily because of my work. I am a technical consultant offshore and it feels better and more productive when using the Mac app of the tools being used by our company.

I decided to try it because it will be a new environment for me and I like adventures fully switching platforms.

18. toxicmd

toxicmd New Member

I'm planning to buy the 13" rMBP. My 13" MBA (mid 2013) started to have problems a few months ago. It can't find a wi-fi signal and its screen has three defective pixels. I had it serviced at Switch Baguio and they said the logic board needs to be replaced. As to the screen... well I don't mind having those dead pixels. They recommended buying a new unit instead of opting for repair since the cost would be almost the same. I regret not purchasing Applecare.

19. thecorrescode

thecorrescode New Member

MetroUI sucks!!!

20. joshuaster

joshuaster New Member

It would be 3 times faster to use Photoshop and other hardcore softwares. :) And I love the sleek and elegant feel of the Mac. :)