Flycam Nano.. where to buy

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by tdbur, Mar 20, 2012.

1. tdbur

tdbur Member

Anyone know where to buy a flycam nano locally? I tried shutter master already but they only have the 3000 in stock.

2. RandyQ

RandyQ Member

Someone I know is selling a flycam 2000 for P12000. Let me know if your're interested and I'll send you his number.

3. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

#3 Jeffy, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. Jerrycaplin

Jerrycaplin New Member

Steadicam is also good..

5. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

this might not be the right thread to post this but anyway, I heard from CAAP that they have started regulating the use of remote control airplanes/choppers, whether for recreational or professional use (videographers etc.), due to safety and security concerns posed by the flying machines. they will not only require the gadgets/planes to be registered, they will also require the user/operator to get a license to operate.

6. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sorry for the OT, this thread reminded me that I bought an iFootage Wildcat last year in HK. I'm almost too ashamed to say that I only got it on impulse and have never actually used it other than taking test footages at home. I should mention that balancing a DSLR wasn't a walk in the park as the manual led me to believe.

I also have a rather silly question in mind: Will I look like a dork if I start filming my kids in public (parks, mall playgrounds, etc.) using this contraption?

7. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

I'm.selling.mine. opened.for.testing. bundled.with.manfrotto.quick release adapter. Pm me.if.interested :)

8. Everythinglou

Everythinglou Member

Check the market place also selling my extra flycam junior, similar to flycam nano :D

9. oj88

I finally got to use the WildCat. Paired it up with a GoPro4 and wow! It's like they were made for each other,. But you really need to spend time perfecting the balance.

I also had to install the Knog Qudos camlight as ballast because the GoPro alone is too light for the stabilizer... which was fine since I also did a lot of night shots during our recent event.

[​IMG]

I made a 30-sec sample video of it in action. Nothing much to see but it does demonstrate how you can be creative with it.

[video]https://youtu.be/xfFsJL2WYIE[/video]

10. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

I checked your video. Nice!

11. oj88

Thanks. I think I pretty much have the balance zeroed in.

[video]https://youtu.be/o3CGpUeLMmU[/video]