Flash video recording/downloading

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by php4us, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php4us

php4us Member

I'd like to get suggestion on how to record flash videos. Not necessarily youtube or vimeo videos. There's a site that has flash based videos that I want to capture.

Any tools that you use to accomplish this?

Thanks for the suggestions.

2. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

3. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

I've only tried this on youtube videos, I would assume that it is the same in all streaming videos

In safari goto the activity window and search for the .flv or .swf file being loaded, double click and wait for it to download.

4. php4us

php4us Member

Thanks Marvinp, Wildcard

I'm trying the Safari activity window option. Let's see how it works out.

5. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

try Tube TV. it's a free app

6. keyboardstyli

keyboardstyli Active Member

I just recently come across a browser plug-in called Ant toolbar that solved the same questions I'm asking myself beforehand.

You install this on Firefox for the Mac or any Firefox variant i.e. Flock, etc. (on I.E. & Firefox for Windows, and even on Firefox for Linux) wherein you'll have a toolbar button on the browser itself in order for you to just easily click to download a Flash Video that's being displayed on the screen of any website. :cool: http://www.ant.com/toolbar

Let me know what you think, if this is what you're looking for as well?! ;) Hope this helps.

#6 keyboardstyli, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.