Fitbit now officially available at Digital Walker

Discussion in 'Digital Walker' started by Charlie, Nov 20, 2015.

1. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

^^I've had a Fitbit One for over a year and I can say that it was instrumental in my weight loss. I think I lost over 30 lbs because of that thing until it died an unfortunate death in the washing machine. It would have lasted a lot longer if it didn't drown.

I thought I'd be OK without an activity tracker since one year of use already taught me how to estimate what 10,000 steps a day is. That's until I realized that I was gaining the weight back because I got lazy and I was no longer tracking my steps and what I ate. I was looking for a replacement last year and it was just unfortunate that I was already able to buy one before DW officially made them available locally. I ended up with the Misfit Shine w/c is great because it's waterproof (that that, washing machine!) but other than that, I missed the Fitbit app and their trackers are more feature-rich than my Misfit.

Anyway, Fitbit makes solid activity trackers so to those that are still on the fence, do yourselves a favor and grab one! :)

johannes likes this.
  2. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm tempted to get one, maybe the Charge HR, but what's making me think twice me is that I already have an Apple Watch. Wouldn't there be an overlap of the activity tracking features, except maybe for sleep tracking? I'm not into serious running or anything, I just want to be a bit more pro-active about being fit.

3. extremeshot

I don't have an Apple watch, nor have I researched it's features (never really tickled my fancy tbh) and I used to own the Fitbit One w/c is a clip-on tracker (not worn like a watch), so I can't give you an objective feedback. But offhand, there will likely be overlaps. Another challenge is your 'fashion sense' :). I wear a watch on the same wrist as my Misfit but I understand a lot of people are not comfortable with that. It's a bonus that the Misfit is more discrete than the Fitbit so it actually just looks like I'm wearing a black baller ID along with my watch. I like the way that looks but I sometimes feel awkward when wearing them that way in the boardroom.

gaol likes this.
  4. akuma666

akuma666 Member

inquired at btb robinson manila, the staff said no discount for philmug member.

5. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks! One reason I can justify (to myself) getting one is so I can wear my other watches again in rotation with the Apple Watch without skipping a day for activity tracking. I think I'll be okay wearing the Fitbit with a watch--on separate wrists. Hmmm, maybe the Fitbit One will do instead of the Charge HR.

6. extremeshot

Oh definitely! Same watch everyday gets boring. I also can't imagine the AW going well with all sorts of outfits :).

The One is a great option but the challenge I had with it is that since it's a clip-on tracker, I sometimes forget to wear the darn tracker (much like what happened to it when it drowned in the washing machine). It also doesn't have a heart rate monitor and sleep tracking is not automatic (so I also forget to tell it that I will "sleep"). Now I'm wearing my tracker on my wrist so I never take it off to forget to wear it.

7. cai_0715

cai_0715 Member

Any updates with the BPI Installment plans from DW and BTB?

8. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

I bought a Fitbit Charge HR from Ebay. Do fitbit devices have international warranty? :)

9. DarkHalf

DarkHalf Active Member

Charlie, when will you have the Fitbit Alta in your stores??? I want this one! :D

10. remzamora

remzamora Member

I have a fitbit charge hr for almost a year now. like many here, I fancy other watches. I wear the fitbit on my left wrist and wear my watch on my right wrist (yes I wear it on the right even before fitbit) the charge is not big enough to look like a watch. the fitbit alta is a better alternative but without a heart sensor.

11. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I've had my FitBit Flex for over 10 weeks now and I'm still very happy with it.

Coolest feature for me is the sleep tracking app, and it is more convenient after the update because before you have to activate the sleep tracking feature, which is okay, but not good for forgetful people.

The 10,000 steps a day is cool too, as my usual day hit that and more. But for lazy days, looking at it actually reminds me to get up and get moving to reach the mark.

Now, I'm excited for the FitBit Blaze and would also like the heart rate feature, which my Flex doesn't have.
    Plus, it only cost half as much as an Apple Watch so win-win!

12. tsina

tsina Member

Applicable ba yung current promotion sa dalawang Fitbit Charge HR?

13. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

Does DW also sell the replacement bands for the Fitbit Flex? The one I got just a few months ago has gotten really grimy quick. didn't help that Fitbit regularly sends emails to plug their new accessories and the colors available for the bands are very enticing. Would be so much more convenient to buy locally vs buying online, especially if one doesn't want to wait hehehe.

14. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

I'm tempted to buy a Charge HR! :)

15. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Very very worth it :)

rnav18 likes this.
  16. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

Great! Thanks for the feedback! :D

17. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

You can just go to Amazon and buy there, as there's lots to choose from. They range from the multi-colors 10-pc $12 ones or you can go the genuine replacement bands for $30 I guess for 3-pc set.

I guess Charlie will offer them soon, as they are usually sold alongside Fitbits.

Note: Be sure to check if the replacement bands you're buying comes with the locking thing, as it'll surely be a pain to remove and transfer that too to a replacement band.

Nikkio96 likes this.
  18. argonautjay

argonautjay Member

HI guys noob questions lang:
    (1) Does Fitbit charge (or any other fitbit model) have a feature like the Apple Watch where it vibrates to tell you that you have been sitting for a long time?
    (2) are these things waterproof?

19. DarkHalf

DarkHalf Active Member

1) If my memory serves me right, I read somewhere that it doesn't. The newer models (like Fitbit Alta) does.
    2) My box says water resistant. I guess don't bring it underwater (i.e. don't swim with it) and you'll be fine. :) I think someone here has taken a shower with it, and i've also gotten mine wet due to vigorous hand-washing--- ok pa naman. :)

20. argonautjay

argonautjay Member

Does this still apply today? or may discount na for philmug? :)