file factory

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by iora, Nov 15, 2007.

1. iora

iora Member

Good Evening,
    Does the filefactory.com violate the copyright act? It is a legal website? Can anyone please enlighten me about this? Thanks in advance.
    Kinds regards,
    Iora

#1 iora, Nov 15, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  2. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what is uploaded/downloaded. There are a lot of these file sharing/hosting sites and most of these sites indicate in their user guides/agreement that it upload/download of copyrighted stuff is not allowed but lots of still people do so. I don't know if the sites were ever prosecuted.

3. iora

iora Member

Yeah, I know many established host now allowed illegal sharing. Examples of these are torrents, rapidshare, and etc. Someone said to me. "illegitimate website" daw file factory. I'm shocked that it's a big deal to that person! And we even had an argument last monday because of this article and file factory validity issue .I've even dared that person to prove her misconception about the file factory. Anyways, thanks po again:)

To end, let me share to everyone this:

4. alistair

alistair Member

That's like saying guilty before being proven innocent.

That's like saying CDRs are illegal because they let you copy CDs or burn MP3s.

For that matter, FTP, HTTP, Gnutella, BitTorrent, YM file sharing, Windows network file sharing should be illegal because people can use those to distribute pirated software.

5. iora

iora Member

Not really. Few people love getting something worth it, as long you don't use it for commercial purposes. But others downloaders’ situation isn’t the same. After all, it’s clear that the many copies they make of other people’s material isn’t for the downloaders’ personal use! That's why others downloaders’ should purchase the original items, so they could use it for commercial purposes. Not that the owners of softwares are selfish. It's just if you're making money about it - that would be a diffrent story.

According to a research conducted by mindshare -asia pacific-HQ -Singapore last year:

"A lot of people who download softwares from the file factory believe it viloates copyrights laws, another one - half of downloaders don't believe it's piracy at all."

Where did that come from? They explain: technological innovations perforce result in adjustments made in the way relevant systems operates. When a new technological development come along, things cannot be expected to remain the same. :rolleyes: