FB Messenger - record video and audio

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by textguru, May 31, 2020.

1. textguru

textguru Active Member

Guys,

Been experimenting options to record video calls and trying FB Messenger (via rooms and ordinary video call). From my experience, I can record video but no audio. Can you share your experiences and how can you do it?

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

No audio. Been trying to find out why but no avail. There are some third-party apps that can solve this but I’d rather suck my thumb than be pulled by these unknown software. Anyway, I’m stuck with videos of my grandson without the audio so I imagine what he’s been saying. Sort of.

3. textguru

textguru Active Member

Yes this is odd. Sometimes we need to record.such conversations but not sure how. Hope anyone can share their thoughts on this.

hitme64 likes this.
  4. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me!

5. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

This is not a quick draw solution, but this is a route gets the job done for me - I use Camtasia to record important meetings. - https://bit.ly/2Bt1T4L

hitme64 likes this.
  6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Yes, but for a native app not having that capability to record is grossly unreassuring. Messenger should’ve seen that miles away.

cybersniper likes this.
  7. textguru

textguru Active Member

Agree on the native feature. Have also tried via MBP quicktime player (recording) and audio is not allowed. Some kind of a restrictions

8. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

^If they have that natively, dadami ang ganyang reklamo kay Tulfo... bidyakol :) hahaha