Fake Apple Wireless Charger?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wicked271, Nov 18, 2021.

1. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

You can check the Beyond the Box lazada page for comparison. They have a LazMall tag on their items. If you notice on the reviews, the wordings they used looks like it has been translated. All positive and mentioning that it's legit. Lazada has never been strict about things like this. Take note that there are quite a number of fake mall stores, but it seems to be operated by one seller.

2. wicked271

wicked271 Member

Thanks for the heads up! Will b more watchful of the reviews and fake mall stores. I thought nga mas legit mga lazmall nila, may fakes rin pala.

3. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

True. You can find videos on YouTube on how to spot fake Apple accessories. These fake products got the packaging, and the looks of the item very close to the original one which can easily fool buyers in thinking they're getting a good deal because of the lower price. Fake Apple accessories that can pass the eye test are the AirPods 1, 2, Pro, Max and Magsafe chargers. They even register the Airpods animation, and Magsafe animation on the iPhone screen when turned on. But the quality of the product when held, and its performance are very noticeable compared to the original. So make sure to really check what you're buying especially those buying from online sellers, and tiangge.

4. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

Pardon my ignorance. Will a non-Magsafe device charge on a Magsafe charger? For example, the older iPhones like the 11 Pro and Xs.

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

if I remember correctly. an iPhone with MagSafe will use its NFC to communicate with the charging pad and once the "handshake" is completed, the device will charge upto 15W

Back to you question, yes your Qi compatible device will charge. however, the magnets will not align at the back of your phone and charging will be at 5W only.

6. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

would it affect the battery's health/performance if you use generic MagSafe charger or lightning cables?

i wouldn't mind if it charges slower than the original one as long as it doesn't affect the battery health.

i have a few of generic MagSafe charging accessories in my cart (MagSafe car mount, MagSafe night stand charger, MagSafe powerbank) that I haven't checked out because i'm worried that my battery would deteriorate faster.

7. wicked271

wicked271 Member

Same problem. I started buying magsafe charger but they have not arrived yet. Hoping it will not affect my battery health so much

I just checked my iphone 12 pro and its now 93% batt health in less than a year. Frustrating that my batteries now no longer retains the 100% health within a year.

8. snipes

snipes Active Member

It may be an indicator that you're using your phone too much?

9. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Same same! Also ordered from the same store and they sent a knock-off. Anyway I requested a return right then and had them pick up the item. It was picked up two days later and I got the refund just yesterday. Lazada is pretty safe. If the item bought has "guarantee" then its pretty buyer friendly. The seller is given deadlines to reply on return requests. Fail to respond and Lazada would just automatically issue buyer a refund, I'm pretty sure at the cost of the seller.

10. wicked271

wicked271 Member

Not really coz this is my 2nd phone. Only light usage.

Yes I also got a refund after a few days which was a relief.

11. snipes

snipes Active Member

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/guide/iphone/iph24dcd4fb8/ios

Look that over and compare to your other phones & how others use theirs.

What may be normalized to you may differ from others.