Fake Apple Wireless Charger?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wicked271, Nov 18, 2021.

1. wicked271

wicked271 Member

Has anyone encountered any fake Apple wireless charger? Bought an apple wireless charger on Lazada during the 11/11 sale and it seems to b a legit store with reviews etc so I bought 1 and it arrived in an Apple wireless charger box with seal! But when I charged my phone, it's not showing the magsafe charging and it seems that no magsafe option on settings/about the manufacturer info.

I went to check the store and when I click on items, everything is not available anymore. Hoping Lazada will refund. Have bought Apple stuff on Shopee and have had good experiences.

If I can't return this, will it still b ok to use this? Seems to b charging my phone. Just scared if might ruin the battery.

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I guess its a regular Qi charger

Been using a lot of wireless chargers ever since it was supported by the Galaxy S6. still using those pads today.
    Heck we're even using generic chargers for the Apple Watch and Airpods/Pro

No issue except that it charges slower.

3. ice

can you share the Lazada link of the item you purchased?

4. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

there are plenty of “class a” claiming to be apple magsafe chargers. I even see fake magsafe duo chargers and the apple magsafe battery pack that are priced way way lower than srp.

I have an original one bought from powermac and the animation only comes out once, and your phone should be locked… u can try by locking your phone (screen off) then place it on the magsafe charger and the magsafe animation will show up… (not sure if class a ones also does this).

generally speaking any Qi wireless chargers are compatible with iphones but i personally would use branded ones like anker, aukey, belkin etc rather than a “class a” or fake one.

5. wicked271

wicked271 Member

When u charge ur phone, can u see the magsafe option in the about section in settings? I've googled it and they said to check the about section to see the magsafe settings to know if it is original and this one doesn't have the settings. I've tried both locked and unlocked but no animation.

product is no longer available - https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...mp=1&spm=spm=a2o4l.order_details.item_title.1

this is the seller tho - https://www.lazada.com.ph/shop/world-electronic-mall
    all their products are no longer there

here's photo of the box when I opened, looks original and sealed

IMG_0589.jpeg IMG_0588.jpeg

6. wicked271

wicked271 Member

I tried using this to charge and the iphone gets hot very fast. Is it always like that with wireless chargers? With aircon on na yan sa room

7. ice

Yes, wireless chargers are crazy hot. my Note 20 Ultra even stops charging on my car's Qi Charger due to excessive heat (yes the screen displays the reason)

Samsung's Fast Wireless Chargers even has a fan built in.

8. shootertwist

Yup its there. Didnt know these things even have a firmware version hehe

FFDD48A2-E5F9-43AE-BA6D-64BFF67FF9BA.jpeg

9. wicked271

wicked271 Member

how's ur iphone battery health after a year with using wireless charging?

thanks for this! confirms that my magsafe is fake coz I can't find that in my settings. Grabe, it seems like lahat nlng ma fake nila.

10. ice

my wife is using a 12 Pro. checked just now, its still 99%

the phone is on a generic wireless charger overnight

11. wicked271

wicked271 Member

Nice, might b better pala if charging via wireless. Had an 11 pro max with optimized charging every night and after a year it was around 90% na, 2 years and at 86%. But ung 12 Pro ko with generic wireless also til now 100% pa rin after 9 months altho I just charge it when low batt na unlike d 11 pm na every night charge talaga.

12. ice

I'm not encouraging you to go all-in on wireless. Maybe my wife is just lucky with her battery.

We (my wife and I) just find it convenient that we can share chargers/stands for our devices (I still use an Android)

My daughter has a Samsung Fast Wireless charger for her 12 Pro but she uses it only 30% of the time as she still finds it too slow.

13. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

Lots of real-looking fake Apple chargers now, even abroad. Apple-branded Airpods, chargers, adapters, dongles. You name it, they can make counterfeits of it. If it's selling cheap online, there's a high chance that it's fake. Better to buy from certified Apple sellers...

shootertwist likes this.
  14. shootertwist

Wireless is slow, only use it when charging overnight. Apple’s magsafe is a good compromise at 15watts its good enough even on daytime but for quick top ups i still use my usb c to lightning. I have my magsafe charger on a dock so its easy to just take it off and place since its magnetic, a good compromise for now until apple develops something better. I also just recently got the apple magsafe power pack and its a good alternative, just place it on the charger and place your iphone on it when needed and it acts like a regular magsafe charger, then take it with you if the situation calls for it. You can also charge just the phone and it will reverse charge the powerbank, pretty nifty as apple does not have the reverse wireless charging yet of samsung. Its pricey definitely for $99 but with all things Apple, its the best experience if you are in the ios ecosystem. Also previously had the anker magsafe battery pack and it heats up a lot, not too hot that’s dangerous but apple’s own version is definitely cooler and better at managing the heat. Sorry for the OT, i’m a geek with all things about chargers, fast charging etc ever since android days with quick charge and now with usb c and all their power delivery protocols and even got myself one of those usb charging meters just for fun hehe

15. ice

same here... have a USB-A and USB-C meter.

very handy in testing hotel USB slots... and new cables/chargers

shootertwist likes this.
  16. ice

Anyway, back to the topic, if its too good to be true... be careful!

I wouldn't mind buying a fake MagSafe charger if it's only 1.5K. anything at the 2K range and i'd be very upset.

Modern devices are smart enough to only use the power they can handle, e.g. my Note 20, Pixel Buds and Tablet can smartly handle my laptop's 65W charger.

If I remember correctly, Apple devices will only allow 5W wireless charging for non-MFi accessories.

#16 ice, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  17. wicked271

wicked271 Member

I went back to the lazada store and they have a logo of apple and below with authorized reseller. Maybe I just got a bad magsafe? Anyways, I was able to return it, will wait for the refund. I usually buy on Shopee and have got good products there like homepod minis, airpods, etc. Will be more careful going forward haha.

18. wicked271

wicked271 Member

That's why it took me this long to get an apple wireless charger coz they usually charge slow. I like the magsafe feature and have been seeing posts will better battery health by people using wireless charging so thought I will try it. I was really frustrated with my iphone 11 pro max battery degrading so fast with wired charging and it had optimize charging turned on.

I also got a belkin 3in1 charger. Waiting for it to arrive.

I wouldn't have minded the fake magsafe but I kinda got scared coz after few minutes of charging, it got really hot.

19. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

Take note that they are not an authorized reseller, they just put it on their logo. They are selling fake apple products. Don't be swayed by the reviews as those are probably not real. If you notice there is a pattern on how the reviews are given. I came across their store when I was looking for an airpods pro.

20. wicked271

wicked271 Member

How do u know they are not authorized resellers? I didn't notice any patterns with the reviews :( I really thot legit coz many reviews ok naman. So hindi pala strict ung Lazada when it comes to checking their seller info on who are posting mga authorized resellers. I think they took advantage of the 11/11 sale lng coz now I can't even open their store. Just keep saying that they are undergoing system upgrades.