External monitor for WFH

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by tonedeaf, Aug 30, 2020.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

oooh. now i understand what you mean.

i've just about settled on the Dell U2419H (assuming the stocks haven't been depleted yet) because no HC models are available in the "U" series OR any random 1080p well-reviewed gaming monitor (like the AOC 24G2) which will be way cheaper than the Dell. tsk, tsk. now i have to go look at Lazada again if there are still stocks left of the Samsung. and think about things some more. seriously though, i wish i had the space for the 28" Samsung.

jayparalejas likes this.
  2. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Glad I could help, Two brands that I trust is LG and Samsung. their quality control is top notch. no lightbleed, dead pixels, and colors are great.

Bought a xiaomi monitor for my sister, but was disappointed with the quality control, there's one dust spec on the lower left of the display. just giving you a heads up.

Dell is awesome too, I had the 24 inch way back Ultrasharp U2412M. 16:10 display.

Good luck bargain hunting. Checkout your purchase on 9,9 for more discounts! :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

I got it for $185 + $16 tax

jayparalejas likes this.
  4. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

nice!

Sunil_K likes this.
  5. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

So, FYI, in case somebody visits this thread in the coming weeks/months, I ended up with an AOC 24G2. Working fine so far with my MBA. I love that it has an adjustable stand, especially since I can't really use those mounts because I'm presently camped out in my dining table. Haha. Maybe when I'm constrained to get a real work table.

6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Samsung’s new Smart Monitor is like a TV for your PC | The Verge

7. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

WFH gave me an excuse to upgrade to a 34" ultrawide and it is glorious!

IMG_20201116_222410_980.jpg

jakz, denzzurcaled, gaol and 2 others like this.
  8. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Also, an old ipad is just the perfect size to add a screen just to have an always visible quick glance display via sidecar.

I have it always showing my fantastical calendar or spotify.