Extended AppleCare by monthly subscription (AppleCare+)

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by eag, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Seven Leaves

Seven Leaves Member

Your link is dead.

Here is a live one:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-care-is-now-available-as-a-monthly-subscription/

I like it. Make sense especially when you plan to buy the very expensive Pro versions. Thief and loss protection? Good! I wonder when will it come to the Philippines though. From what I gather even Applecare+ is still not applied here in the Philippines. So no accident insurance for our Macs and iPhones

#2 Seven Leaves, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    eag likes this.
  2. Paulo del Puerto

I bought a couple of iPad Pros (at different times and different gens) and got both an Apple Care Plus. One was from Japan, and one was from SG. I was able to use both to get replacements with no questions asked.

I just went straight to BTB Service Center to claim. They got the units, and I had to wait up to 3 weeks.

One iPad Pro 12 fell and the screen got busted, the whole thing was replaced. My recent iPad Pro 11 was soaked in water, they also replaced it. Super easy to do so also.

Netskipper, raypin and Salaryman Ryan like this.
  3. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

where do we buy applecare and applecare+???

4. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

You can buy AppleCare at any apple authorized resellers like pmc, btb, switch. AppleCare+ unfortunately isn’t available in the Philippines as of this moment.

5. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

any online shop selling these at a lower price? was able to get mine before at ebay but seems like none already...

6. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

hmm i was offered applecare+ at megamall yesterday, for 300++ (forgot the exact amount) for an mbp 13 inch. i didnt get it though (ill just pray that my wife takes care of it and dont do something that will damage it physically lol)