Experience with Stylus for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by alltravis, May 24, 2010.

1. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Just a heads up guys. when I read here about the Dagi I was intrigued and searched for reviews on it on the web. There has been some feed back about the Dagi that it could leave hairline scratches on the iPad's screen so it is probably best that you have a screen protector when you want to use the Dagi.

2. NeilJohn

NeilJohn Active Member

Thanks Alvin, I'm thinking of getting a stylus to use with my penultimate app and was hoping to get that pen on paper feel. :)

3. baboyako

baboyako Member

i tried the pogo thing, not my thing.

4. ultraracingph

ultraracingph Member

Hey NeilJohn! I'm not sure you well get the pen on paper feel with any of the available stylus available in the market now. Especially if you want to use the iPad for the apps you just mentioned. The glass surface of the iPad will just not permit you to have that tactile feel. The closest I've experienced to a pen on paper feel is with my Wacom 4 Tablet and this is dependent on the nib used on the stylus. However, the stylus for the iPad does not compare to the Wacom as each one uses different technologies.

I believe the different options offered for iPad Styli is more for accuracy than for feel.

Hope this helps :)

5. pnx

pnx Member

I ordered this for $6 shipping included. Mountain Doodle. Paid 8/6/10 but i has not arrived yet. I already emailed the seller. After reading this thread, I ordered the DAGi stylus from Taiwan.

6. pnx

pnx Member

I ordered the Dagi stylus via ebay & informed me that They sent me a free stylus - P201.

Thanks so much for purchasing DAGi stylus.

The stylus, P005-Black, had already been sent to you by post in Taiwan. .......
    We have uploaded the related demo videos on YouTube and you can search them by the key words of "dagi stylus". Also, welcome to visit our website www.dagi.com.tw*for our products in detail.
    By the way, we have provided another stylus, P201, to you. If you have any comment on the*stylus after getting it, please kindly let*us know. We will always do our best*for the*improvement.*

7. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

I saw this Youtube video with the comparison between Pogo, Boxwave, and DAGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyT42CEnH9Q

I'm considering of getting the DAGI stylus. I checked in Amazon but it's no available there. So, is this available only through the manufacturer's web site?

8. poisontree

poisontree New Member

i agree with the other posts about dagi. i've tried other stylus and this dagi gave me the perfect feel while using the ipad. but after using dagi without any screen protector, found a not-so-noticeable scratch. so i say, protector is a must.

9. beecube

beecube Member

I got myself a pogo but found the stick too short. When trying to write, I have to make sure my palm doesn't touch the ipad otherwise i get unnecessary dots in my drawing page.

10. agmjr

agmjr Member

^very true indeed

11. = bluntman =

= bluntman = New Member

I wasted my $15CDN on a capacitive stylus.

12. RRM0221

RRM0221 Member

Okay, so I narrowed down my stylus to choices to either the Pogo, Dagi or Boxwave.

Any local sellers available? Or is it just online where I can get these products?

13. rpzab

rpzab Member

i am using pogo and satisfied. i don't think i will have to spend more money finding better stylus than what i am using for now. bought it from one of our friendly philmugger.

14. kenok

kenok Member

@rpzab
    Who?

15. leviandcotton

leviandcotton New Member

im happy with the boxwave capacitive stylus. very nice. got it thru amazon. feels like a pen.

16. jpatrickn

jpatrickn Active Member

Anybody seen this stylus?

http://www.xtand.net/alupen.html

Contemplating on getting this or the Ozaki.

17. rpzab

rpzab Member

sorry, i can't remember the philmug member who sold me the pogo (my bad memory). it was in the last week of august 2010. maybe he happens to be reading this thread and will eventually identify himself to us.

18. baboyako

baboyako Member

i have a pogo stylus that i'm not using. pm me

19. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

Have you tried the Boxwave stylus or compared it to the Pogo?

20. kenok

kenok Member