Experience with Stylus for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by alltravis, May 24, 2010.

1. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

Still haven't recieved my Dagi from Brando.

2. antski

antski Well-Known Member

any update? when did you order from Brando?

3. pctan1584

my Dagi stylus finally arrived today. tried it with Penultimate and wow, no skips. My ipad has a screen protector on. Although it feels a little thin and the writing with a tip that is not pointed will take a little bit time to get use to. so far so good.

4. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

My Pogo sketch will arrive next week. Excited!

5. johnwee

johnwee Member

Which one is better Pogo sketch or Dagi? Where can i buy one here in Manila?

6. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

Got myself a Pogo Sketch Stylus. I LOVE IT! Great for scribbling, sketching, and doodling.
    The Brushes app is now one of my favorites due to it.
    Also great with Penultimate and Note Taker HD.
    You might be surprised to see how big the tip of the Pogo Sketch is, but it creates fine point ink in actual practice.

Got my wife one too, who is a big notebook nut and she LOVES it too.

You guys should at least try it out. Go to your nearest Powermac.
    Didn't get there though, they only had it in Pink :) got mine from the US.

Leo

P.S. our ipads are NUDE (no protector) so no comparison with a wrapped iPad.

7. johnwee

johnwee Member

I just went to Powermac Greenbelt, and called MOA and Megamall they do not have stock.

8. silverfox

silverfox Member

Try using it with the app Notes+. I used to have Penultimate, Note Taker HD, and A Notepad, but all apps have now been replaced with the abovementioned. It addresses the issue of your palm getting in the way- it uses a smart palm detection feature that allows you to rest your palm on the screen without being misrecognized as a pen stroke. And it also has a zoom feature, similar to Note Taker HD that allows you to write your text with a zoomed in window.

Now all I need is a Pogo Sketch.

9. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

how are these styluses for swiping (as in turning the page in ibooks)? i have a stylus (for the iphone) that's good for pointing and scribbling, but feels like rubber when i swipe with it.

10. pctan1584

Turning pages in ibooks and Penultimate basically like your finger with the Dagi

11. AKC

AKC Member

Checked in PMC rockwell and they didn't have stocks of the pogo sketch. Where else is this available locally? thanks

Went to PMC Rockwell and they didn't have stocks of the Pogo sketch, would you guys know where else to get this locally? thanks

12. angelwings_hk

angelwings_hk Member

Got mine at PMC Greenbelt 3.

13. bluedragonph

bluedragonph Active Member

This pogo stylus and/or sketch is so difficult to find. Went to every mobile and computer store in trinoma and sm north but couldn't find it :( anyone with an extra pogo? :(

14. silverfox

silverfox Member

For those who are hesitant to spend P800-900 just to see if they will like using a stylus or not, CDRKing is offering 3 different capacitive styli for P100 each. I got the telescopic one with the small lanyard/lace that you can plug into the stereo port to help avoid misplacing your stylus. It works as advertised - you have to make sure that the whole flat tip makes contact with the screen instead of using the pointed tip of the angled nib for your strokes to register. Handwritten notes come out better and clearer as opposed to just using the tip of my finger. Coupled with the Notes+ app, I think this will serve me adequately when I need to jot down notes during meetings and conventions.
    [​IMG]

15. airhootie

airhootie Active Member

how smooth does it move through the screen?

16. silverfox

silverfox Member

Since the nib itself is made of rubber, there's understandably a bit of traction when dragging the stylus across the screen. Someone hit the nail on the head when they described it like dragging an eraser across the iPad screen. But I've found that using a minuscule amount of baby powder helps reduce traction (just a small amount applied to the tip).

17. nikkochai

nikkochai Member

Wow. Now I need to go to the nearest CDR King to try that one.

18. NeilJohn

NeilJohn Active Member

Has anyone tried using a stylus on their iPads with power support screen protector on? I would like to get feedback first before getting one (stylus) so I wouldn't regret the purchase.

Thanks.

#58 NeilJohn, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  19. ultraracingph

ultraracingph Member

I found something similar to this in Mega Mall for Php 350 but it felt like running an eraser on the screen. My screen has the capdase protector installed. Still looking forward to finding a good stylus that works for the iPAD though. :)

20. antski

antski Well-Known Member

Tried this stylus yesterday. Not as smooth as I hoped it would be even without a screen protector on my iPad. I'm still waiting for my Dagi Stylus to arrive.