Experience with Stylus for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by alltravis, May 24, 2010.

1. keilu

keilu Member

Was going to get the stylus from cdr king.... But the tip is not actually fully stuffed - I mean the sales lady pressed the tip and it got squashed - to those who bought it, is it easy to write with? Still undecided on what stylus to get...

2. mcnl6754

mcnl6754 Member

You can test the stylus before getting it. It depends upon what you will use it for. But for everyday use, at P300 it's a steal.

3. iHyde

iHyde New Member

I just called applewerkz/technoholics and they have DAGI and OZAKI in store and just added a new brand.. Still undecided on what stylus to get for my new iPad2..
    Please wacom bamboo make your way here in our shores, been waiiiiiiittiiiiiing for yah!!:rolleyes:

4. maryjane

maryjane Member

after almost 4mos of use, my ozaki pen stylus now has a torn tip. i have been using it on my ipad with a screen protector. i even got a pencil case for it to take care of the rubber. do you think power mac would replace it? i want to cry...

5. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, these styli are kinda delicate. Madaling masira. I've been extra careful with my Targus, so even if it's been months, medyo ok pa siya, You can try to have it replaced, but I doubt PMC would agree.

6. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

After about 5 months of use my Rocketfish stylus pen is tarnished and the 2 parts of the pen came loose. Collapsed as I was writing.
    Ordered this (AYL) from Amazon and I'm pretty impressed..at least this comes with a 1 year warranty and an extra refill. Feels better in my hand than the Rocketfish, rollerball, and I can cap rubber end on top of the pen.

http://www.amazon.com/Engraved-Capa...rranty/dp/B004ZJYES6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

7. maryjane

maryjane Member

Really happy today! I delivered my defective(within warranty) Ozaki stylus to the service center of ozaki just last wed (i had school and all so it took a long time for me to have it serviced) and they texted me to pick up the replacement today! so happy with the great customer service.

and yes Adel, you were right, pmc-megamall did not agree( the staff was even arrogant). but the ozaki service center in libis was great!

8. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with the iPad stylus from Wacom? They are more expensive (30USD) than say AYL etc but Wacom does have replacement 'nibs' for it...

9. jduy15

jduy15 Member

does anyone know a stylus that is pointed that can be used with the ipad?

i currently have one that's a rounded edge, and i feel that the writing experience on the ipad should be better or closer to the experience of writing on paper.

10. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

^ A stylus for the iPad needs to be a bit big and rounded so as to get the iPad detect the capacitive device. A pointed device (thin and small like a pencil point for example) won't be detected or it will be a hit or miss thing.

At least that is how I understand it.

11. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, randytamayo's right, jduy15. Like I said in a previous post way back in this thread:

12. extreme16199

extreme16199 Member

where can i buy the wacom bamboo stylus for ipad locally and how much would it set me back?

tia for the info!

cheers!

13. jimboyc

jimboyc Member

saw one in pmc sm marikina yesterday, price is around 1800, if i remember correctly.

14. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

any recommended stylus out there? :)

15. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

^ im using a targus stylus for my iPad 2. Got it for 19usd @ Walmart. Easy to write with and very responsive.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

16. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

saw one in power mac center in sm north edsa annex building :) didnt see the price though :)

17. ramj

ramj New Member

I don't know if this one's already available at local malls, but nevertheless, I bought myself a Zero Stylus pen and have been using it for about a month already. It is designed like a pen and is intended for some heavy duty drawing/sketching on the iPad. And yeah, it also works great with games, too. Hope this helps. ;)

ZeroStylus - Stylus for capacitive touchscreens

18. lemirand

lemirand Applewerkz

19. cutieann12

cutieann12 Member

Where can I bought this locally?

20. jordan

jordan Active Member

this is what I have... not much experience with it though since I rarely use it.

[​IMG]