Experience with Stylus for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by alltravis, May 24, 2010.

1. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

2. nibor

nibor Member

A friend of my mine gave me a generic stylus, it works, but leaves marks and scratches on my screen. What might be the problem the stylus of the screen guard.

My screen guard is belkin btw.

3. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

Im using a Targus Stylus for my naked iPad 2. Got it at Walmart Ohio for 19usd.
    [​IMG]

4. nibor

nibor Member

nice stylus sir b2r1y!

5. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

Thanks. Actually got it for free since the cashier forgot to scan it... She just bagged it I guess. Only noticed her error nung asa Pinas nako.

6. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

I love my Targus Stylus Pen from Best Buy! I think it was around USD20. Works with Parker refills!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

7. nibor

nibor Member

Is this available locally?

8. mackymd

mackymd Well-Known Member

That type of stylus is the same as the ozaki stylus I got from Powermac. Changed also the pen to a Parker gel ink.

9. maryjane

maryjane Member

Re: ozaki stylus

i also bought notes plus when it went on sale. i now use it more with my ozaki stylus than the noteshelf because i frequently record class lectures and occasionally take down notes

10. poleng

poleng Member

i bought the Targus Stylus its very responsive even with screen shields now my ipad has minimal smudges lol

11. zeno

zeno Member

Until now I've been on the fence on buying a stylus. I already bought Penultimate some months back, but until now, i've no use for it because there's just no way to avoid making stray marks when you are writing freehand, whether with your bare hands and finger or with a stylus - I tried the Targus and Ozaki at PMC. There's just no way to avoid making stray marks on the page, even with wrist protection switched on in the app settings. I guess at is time, it's the limitation of the capacitive screen hardware.

12. Bluekaze

Bluekaze Member

guys im a heavy stylus user and the targus works great for taking notes and light sketching, but for those who draw using sketchbook pro and/or brushes what would you recommend ?

ive been using the targus to sketch but its not quite as responsive as id hoped...

tia :)

13. summertango

summertango Member

What stylus can you recommend that has narrow tip just like a reg pen? I am using my cousins stylus and it's a pain using it! It has very wide tip which makes scribbling a torture!

14. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

There's a reason why styli have a wide tip, and why they will always be wider than a regular pen. The capacitive screen needs the wide tip to be able to detect input, otherwise it won't work. There may be some pens with a tip less wide than your finger, but I guess not by much. I suppose you can search for those. I hear some of the Otaki styli have tips that aren't as wide as others, I guess you can try those out. But if you're looking for a regular pen tip, you're out of luck, at least until Apple manufactures more sensitive screens. HTH. :)

15. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

My friend who used to have a targus and later bought an ozaki stylus told me the ozaki stylus pen is more durable. He tested my targus (about a year old) and told me that the tip has already lost much of its responsiveness. His ozaki, on the other hand, is much better daw. He didn't bring his
    Ozaki stylus so I wasn't able
    to try it myself though. :/

16. Bluekaze

Bluekaze Member

Thanks guys! Btw the thing that really bothers me with my targus is, when i draw fine scribbles, it makes a sound like scratching on a plastic blackboard! Hehe you know the spund that makes your teeth clinch? Does anyone else get that kind of sound or is it just me? :)

17. Radrad

Radrad Member

I would suggest getting the Wacom Bamboo Stylus for iPad it's 25% narrower compared to other stylus, and according to some reviews i've read paired with the bamboo pad, (ipad app) they're unbeatable. I'm not too sure when it will hit philippine shores though, but maybe that's what you're looking for? in addition, the balance of the pen is uncanny. it feels like a real pen daw, unfortunately, all these are 2nd hand info, since I'm still waiting for 1 myself.

I hope this helps.

18. louie_gudboy

louie_gudboy Member

Hi guys, can you suggest a fabric-type tip stylus? Anyone using one that's recommended for sketching and note-taking? Thanks! :)

Mine also makes a sound but probably not as bad as yours, just a light squeaking sound but still annoying. Hahaha!

I think it's because of the rubber tip of my stylus. So I'm currently looking for one that has a fabric-type tip. It might help.

19. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

just got these from usa... [​IMG] i think i need to take of the screen protector to be able to use properly

20. Bluekaze

Bluekaze Member

louie_gudboy thats exactly what i meant! haha

im fine with the targus except for the SQUEAKING sound which gets worse the finer the lines that i draw!

sigh and ive been visiting digital hub and pmc and they have no other stylus available ?