Europe travel Thread

Discussion in 'Travel' started by zagu, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jhonas015

jhonas015 Member

ok. was planning just to submit coe and itr.

2. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Doc, for London depends where you are staying but can recommend Monmouth coffee (several locations but i prefer going to the Borough Market!) if tea isn't your thing or Le Café Alain Ducasse in King's cross (very nice train station, a scene in harry potter was filmed here, platform 9 3/4ths).

Fish and chips aren't that good. haha! What they have are good Indian food actually.

A good view of the whole london without paying for anything would be going to the sky garden at a building called the "walkie talkie" as the building resembles as you guessed it a walkie talkie. I honestly think it looks like a humidifier. Anyway, another place for a good view of london is having drinks at sushisamba or eating in Duck & Waffle in Heron tower or now called 110 Bishopsgate. They have a separate entrance to those two restaurants via a high speed elevator at the side of the building instead of going to the lobby but the lobby has a massive aquarium. Largest in the UK i think.

A play at west end? visit weekend markets? museums are great in london. a dinner cruise by the thames is also good. Or if you have the time, go out for a day trip and visit Bath, London. Roman architecture. very picturesque. The city is a unesco world heritage site.

3. REDcrazy

REDcrazy Active Member

They do have very good Indian food. From the various small shops that sell Chicken Tikka to some very good restaurants like Dishoom. I like Fish and Chips and the best one I had was in a shop called Poppies in Spitalfields.

hitme64 and Quest4dgoodlife like this.
  4. testdummy

testdummy Active Member

In Norway, try the pickled herring and reindeer meat. May not be for everybody, but I liked it! :)

hitme64 likes this.
  5. jessec

jessec Active Member

In Copenhagen, try the open faced sandwiches (herrings) and the sausages ( don't forget to have the crispy onions as condiments) my kids can't get over it :)
    In Oslo, try the Salmons very different from what we have here, also the reindeer and moose meat as the others have suggested.

hitme64 likes this.
  6. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Guys, if you were to visit a country in Europe over and over - which one would be it? Have only been to a handful of places. Thoroughly enjoyed my time in spain. 2 weeks spending around Seville, Madrid, Toledo, Avila, Segovia, etc. spent it around summertime there in August. London I've been there 3 times and spent around 2-3 weeks each time. Portugal i didn't enjoy the food that much or maybe didn't eat at the right places?

Haven't been to the Benelux or the nordic countries. Croatia and Poland have been floated to me as next to visit.

7. meeko

meeko Member

Would recommend Iceland sir

hitme64 likes this.
  8. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Visit BENELUX, then Germany, Italy, Switzerland, or go Scandinavia, i.e. Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, or East Europe like Romania, Poland, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia...