error #-34506 in idvd 06 HELP!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by johnj2803, Apr 25, 2008.

1. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

I've been trying to burn this imovie project thru idvd and added some video snippets by putting in additional menu like video extras. I was able to burn the project once but it was all plain. decided to add some pictures into the menu. the orig size of the dvd project was just around 400 mb, after the tweaking it went up a bit to 600 mb.

Now its been like 3 days and still this error keeps popping up:

[​IMG]
    i have tried freeing up space in my HD now i have around 13gig space. I also tried just saving it as a disk image but the same error pops up! i tried different dvd-r's but to no avail...

2. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

i have found out what was different with the imovie i originally made from the edited imovie. The movie files in the original were just .avi file that were imported from my camera to iphoto. They were 4:3 ratio in screen size. So after noticing that i can convert these 4:3 into 16:9 widescreen format using quicktime i did just that and it went fine when i exported it to iDVD. the movie files are now .mov since it was converted using quicktime.

now the question is... why is this error coming out when i try to burn it in iDVD or even when i try to create a disk image? isn't there a way to have the widescreen format for the movie files? The project I am working on is a mixture of movie and picture files.

Any clarification would really be appreciated... HELP :(