Enlarging Cursor

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by VicB, Sep 23, 2009.

1. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi All!

Another newbie question: How can I enlarge the cursor? This can be done in Windows but I haven't seen it in Mac's Preference menus.

Tried searching the forum under "modifying cursor" but drew a blank.

Thanks in advance for any help.

VicB

2. enshong

enshong Well-Known Member

Hi! Are you in Snow Leopard?

I'm not sure if this is present in older versions of OS X but in Snow Leopard, you can increase the size of the cursor in…

System Preferences --> Universal Access --> Mouse and Trackpad --> Cursor Size (the option slider near the bottom)

3. edpinedajr

edpinedajr Member

Yeah! thanks for the heads up!

4. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

For those who want to just "find" their cursor since making it bit makes it ugly, hehe, try Mouse Locator. Excellent app, free and very useful esp if you have multiple monitors.

5. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Not yet on this unit but will do soon. Just waiting for some of my apps & device drivers to be updated to SL.

Thanks for the tip!

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

ahhh......problem is the optimum resolution for the cursor is still the default size (smallest). Anything bigger and you.....well, try it for yourself. Contrast this with the icons. Max its size and the resolution is as sharp as ever. I guess Apple forgot to update poor, little pointer. :)