End of an era... Airbus A380

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ice, Feb 15, 2019.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

2. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Took this photo last Saturday during our weekly planespotting meet. It's always a delight to see this German balyena, which is now sporting its new livery, fresh from a paint job done this month. For one who resides in the city that first flew the A380 commercially, and having retired the same equipment months ago, I am yet to experience and really looking forward to my first A380 flight, which gave me lots of excitement since i saw it off the ground during the Singapore Airshow in 2008.

[​IMG]

3. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Got to ride on the Airbus 380 on Emirates on my way to Europe , but surprisingly I found the 777-300 gave me a better flight experience.

raypin likes this.
  4. angstly

angstly Member

I'm an aviation enthusiast and I was ecstatic in 2017 when I learned that my Asiana Airlines flight from ICN to JFK will use A380. I travelled in Economy class so there was not much difference in comfort in an A380 and an A350. I guess the wow factor in A380 would be for those travelling in first class (SQ suites and Emirates over the top amenities).

5. ice

I was also so excited when our NRT-SIN flight was on an A380... I even took a selfie with the Safety Card...

But compared to the 787...

Dreamliner is more comfortable to my ears.

6. ice

7. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

A380's a good plane before its time.

Most airports are not designed to accommodate that big of a plane and that many of passengers.

There are only select routes that have that much volume of passengers going to a hub.

Give it 50 years from today and its more economical successor will be the standard.

Some ideas are too early for demand.

It's like grocery delivery in the late 1970s vs late 2010s. That early and no one wanted it. Today you're Luddite for eschewing it.

greta87 likes this.
  8. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i tried A380 of qatar airways during my honeymoon! two thumbs up! hehe Paris to Qatar. it was a good experience...

9. ice