Electric Cars

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Juice, Jun 1, 2018.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally got to ride a Tesla Model S as our Uber luxury car at the airport. Sorry but the driver was specific about not having pictures taken or we take another ride on a Saturn or a Dodge haha.
    What can I say? Elon Musk must really, really like it the way we see it: clean lines, luxurious leather interiors, minimal but vibrant touches even in gray, and that dashboard with the large iPad Pro-like screen, and best of all, anti-noise cancelling all throughout like wearing the new AirPods Pro (y)
    For two hours I didn’t sleep, just taking and breathing in the car in its entirety. If this were the Apple Watch 5 or iPhone 11 Pro Max I would’ve already swiped it 10/10. Man, a Tesla. Believe what they say about electric cars but nothing can compare to the Tesla. I now even love Elon Musk despite his, you know, troubles and issues, but yeah, who cares?

pels_17, Juice and raypin like this.
  2. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

FDD9C3D7-4844-40CC-BC4D-6AE05EBB1D7E.jpeg
    I ordered one lol I have never been this excited ever since I had a mustang.

wem272, mauwrr, raypin and 5 others like this.
  3. hitme64

This one even looks better than the Cybertruck.
    EB213D73-11D8-4A96-94A1-1057038363B1.jpeg

raypin likes this.
  4. pels_17

Haha I have seen a lot of memes mocking the cybertruck, but I still went on to order one last night :)

5. pels_17

I was initially looking at the Mach E, but when the cybertruck was unveiled, it was like love at first sight haha..I wanted a truck, an EV, and a Tesla

hitme64 likes this.
  6. hitme64

^How long will it take to deliver? I read final prices will be around $40,000?

7. pels_17

2 years from now, in the checkout/pay now part, it mentioned late 2021. Since I ordered the base model, it will be $39,900 + tax and other fees. I did not include the $7000 “full self driving autopilot” option, I can always just add that anytime I decide to have that feature, it is just a software update (A very expensive software update)

#147 pels_17, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    hitme64 likes this.
  8. pels_17

The pre-order fee is fully refundable should I change my mind (I don’t think I will lol), also, I can always change the model type through my account online anytime. The tri-motor model, will start production in 2022

#148 pels_17, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  9. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

The 2021 RAV4 Prime:

[​IMG]

It has the same Hybrid engine as the regular RAV4 Hybrid but they added electric motors

"Total output is up in the RAV4 Prime by 83 horses to an estimated 302 hp and will launch the RAV4 Prime from 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds, two seconds quicker than the 203-hp Hybrid."

"The larger battery provides 39 miles of electric driving range and an estimated 90 MPGe EPA efficiency figure, but Toyota didn't specify the size of the battery pack."

10. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Toyota is electrifying its most of its vehicles slowly but surely. I'm glad that they've been introducing hybrid as a standard for Corollas, Rav4s, Crowns, Camrys, and even their Lexuses. Not really a tree hugger, but it's great for our environment and our roads; just open the car window along any busy street around Metro Manila and in just a few seconds, you'll be smelling like dirty diesel exhaust.

Of course, it's a long shot for our country, but in my trip to Tokyo just last month, there were so many blue badged hybrid Toyotas, Hondas, Mitsubishis, etc on the road and it was so silent and the air smelled fresh even though it was rush hour. I have actually decided that my next car would be a Hybrid/EV in the future, but here's me hoping that the tech would catch up to mass market prices.

The most viable option now would be the newly released Corolla Hybrid, but that car has a "kotse ni tatay/hiniram kay tatay" reputation on it, so I'm hoping for a hybrid Civic or HR-V release someday. Though, a Tesla Model 3 would be nicer. :LOL:

raypin and rpgorriceta like this.
  11. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

12. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Rumor

This December, I attended several Christmas parties and from two of them, the same rumor was mentioned. The rumor was, that Tesla has brought a several of units in the country for testing. Maybe this is the ones posted somewhere in this thread. They had conduction stickers, and are currently going around the metro at night. Again, it's a rumor so take it lightly. The person I did talk to, was connected to the automotive industry so to say. But, even he said he wasn't sure. The other party said, the price range is between 3.5M to 4.2M. Depending on options. It will initially not use superchargers for obvious reasons, and will adapt to whatever EV chargers are available. However, they differ in info as to where the testing was being done. One said, the Metro and the other is outside the Metro.

I haven't seen that much photos of the units, so I'm thinking this is just really a rumor. Besides, if it were real we should be seeing them around social media sites right?

#152 Juice, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    raypin likes this.
  13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...yup..with millions of cameras in use, if it makes an appearance, it will get posted in no time at all.

Alleged price points is still too expensive. Reserved for the millionaire-class buyers. And with no incentive or tax break from the government, it will probably sell in the two dozen range. Tesla or Mercedes? Even in ultra rich HK, buyers get incentives from the government to encourage Tesla or EV ownership.

Juice likes this.
  14. ice

^I can forgive the lack of tax incentives...

but I do hope Hybrids/Electric cars at least will be exempted from coding... and dedicated parking lots.

Gov't should also set a local standard for chargers.

Juice likes this.
  15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...lol! Daming magrereklamo nyan......more priveleges for the priveleged class.

16. ice

technically... except for the no coding.

it's the same privilege (dedicated/reserved parking) for PWD, Sr. Citizens and board members :)

raypin likes this.
  17. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Squatter complaints... lol

wem272 likes this.
  18. ice

19. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Just saw a black Tesla Model 3 last night along EDSA SB, first time I saw a black one. I usually see a white one along whiteplains/greenemeadows area.

Juice likes this.
  20. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Ok, so that Tesla rumor was half true. They seem to be looking for a country in SEA to put up a manufacturing plant. So, there's a Tesla going around the Metro and other Asian countries that have no Tesla vehicles locally. This was info I got from a friend that was dealing with a third party company, that probably supplied to Tesla. There's also talk of why there's a delay in EV in the country. There's not enough incentives for the masses to buy an EV. Hybrid was proposed but, there's no incentives for those. It seems the EV segment in the Philippines is still just a dream.

What I learned from the talk we had.

-There are 4 EV manufacturers in the Philippines.
    - Not enough incentives for the mass market.
    - Hybrid vehicles has almost no incentives.
    - Not enough charging stations at this time.(no fast charging too)
    - Fast chargers needs the cooperation of the local energy providers(You need more than the normal voltage for fast charging)
    - For now, small EV public transports are the only choice for the public.
    - A local brand will have to go through an expensive and extensive test for safety.(Cost is too high)
    - Jeepney drivers will only get an 80k Peso loan for an almost 2M Peso jeepney.

eag and raypin like this.