Education Pricing

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by redtamayo, May 20, 2004.

1. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

Guys,

A quick query, do any of the local Mac distributors/resellers offer educational discounts like in the US/Canada?

There's and Educational Reseller 'link' at the LMK site but I cant seem to get any info about it.

Im looking for a 12" PB.

Merci.
    Randy

PS: Unsure if this is the right place to ask.

2. super_ed

super_ed Active Member

6821 Ayala Avenue, cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
    send u2u to weremermaid. she'll help you out.

3. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

Ynzal offers education pricing.

4. assdoc

assdoc Member

Be sure to check out first the price they would base the discount. The "discounted" price may actually be a little more expensive than the educ price.

5. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

Educ Pricing

Thanks guys, will do what you recommended.

Cheers!
    Randy

6. chico

chico Guest

talaga? shempre i didn't know! just paid the downpayment for an ibook last week! :(

7. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

sayang... baka pwede mo pa mahabalo chico

8. Jumbo

Jumbo Member

Hello, would you kindly post how big the discount is from LMK, Ynzal, and other local apple resellers? And is it applicable to all apple products? such as ipod? and mac accessories? thanks!!
    CHEERS!:beer:

9. yupkigirl

yupkigirl Guest

Hi! I ordered the new iBook from LMK, and my contact there, Marcy (nice lady, btw) told me that it's already available and I could pick it up on Monday. They didn't require me to give a downpayment though. But do you think it's still okay and hindi nakakahiya to ask for education discount when I'm about to pick it up na next week? Silly me---didn't even enter my mind to inquire about education discount :blush:

10. rocketsummer

rocketsummer Member

i emailed Portia of Ynzal and she told me that the educational discount would be 3% (more or less). it applies to all Apple hardware and software except iPods, accessories, & peripherals.

11. assdoc

assdoc Member

Check with Portia because I am not sure how they price it but I think they use the vat price for computing the educ discount. If you buy normally, they do not add vat. Do the math and see if the discounted price is worth it.

12. omegalove

omegalove Member

I didnt bother starting a new thread since i used the search function and found this.

So, im going to New York this tuesday, and im planning to buy a new Macbook Pro 17" at the apple store there. Im about to enter college, and im hoping to avail their "Apple Education Pricing" promo thing. Do any of you peeps know what the requirements are for me to avail of the promo?

Im gonna be enrolled when i get back from the states. what i was planning to do. Since my mom owns a TESDA school in Cagayan De Oro, im gonna ask her to make me a letter saying that i am enrolled there. Will this plan be able to get me the education pricing or will they need some more evidence/documents?

Sayang din kasi yung discount eh hehehe diba? :D

13. mister_w

mister_w Member

This will not work...you will have to be enrolled*in a local school...so if you're buying in the US, then you will have to be enrolled in a US school

14. omegalove

omegalove Member

ahhh i see i see. thanks mister_w.

15. rvaph

rvaph Active Member

16. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

If you can wait, the Apple Resellers offer huge educational discounts come June/July. That's how I got my MBP last year, and the discount is huge (as in really HUGE). I got my MBP from Liteware, an authorized reseller.

17. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

Why not try Charlie of Digital Walker? He gives a good deal even on regular inquiries. He might have some special education pricing.

18. rowmann1223

rowmann1223 Member

There is no clear process in availing education pricing in the online apple store philippines. Anybody had availed this and how?

19. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

What's your experience in buying from the online Philippine Apple Store? Do they verify whether you're in education? I heard in the US they barely check, if ever.